2015 F-150 Order Guide

A $2K to $3K increase of similiarly equipped vehicles...that doesn't take into consideration the incentives will be at least 3 to 4 thousand dollars less than the 2014...that means the opening transaction price is going up 4 to 7 THOUSAND dollars.

Edited by ironhorse

A $2K to $3K increase of similiarly equipped vehicles...that doesn't take into consideration the incentives will be at least 3 to 4 thousand dollars less than the 2014...that means the opening transaction price is going up 4 to 7 THOUSAND dollars.

ah, my evil twin has joined the party...lol....Im guessing you were a touch perturbed as well Ironhorse?....public reation will be interesting, if Ram or GM undercuts the F-150 similarly equipped by 4 -5000 bucks results will be curious...theres brand loyal to an extent, then $ talk...

well that said I just pulled incentives on a 2014, they arent anything to write home about...

Chevy's incentives are about $1,000 to $1,500 more than a comprable Ford...Dodge is over 2K more. That potentially would put the Ford in some configurations at a $9 thousand dollar price disadvantage.

a converstaion i will no doubt have until I take the initiative and literally tape the answer for playback..ultimately on loop

Edited by Deanh

Chevy's incentives are about $1,000 to $1,500 more than a comprable Ford...Dodge is over 2K more. That potentially would put the Ford in some configurations at a $9 thousand dollar price disadvantage.

GM won't have an advantage when they go aluminum, and FCA will be out of business if they don't rein in their incentives on their products.

thats a good point, but until then the public wont care....thats my fear.....

Yeah they will. The new F-150 is revolutionary. You can tow more, haul more, using less fuel than the competition. Everybody that buys a truck for capability will shop Ford, and they will sell with less incentives because of what they are.

GM and Ram will have to fight over the people that shop only on price. The bottom feeders. And make less margins because of it. For the next four to five years, there is no competition.

Yeah they will. The new F-150 is revolutionary. You can tow more, haul more, using less fuel than the competition. Everybody that buys a truck for capability will shop Ford, and they will sell with less incentives because of what they are.

GM and Ram will have to fight over the people that shop only on price. The bottom feeders. And make less margins because of it. For the next four to five years, there is no competition.

My guess is that you still know a little more about these trucks and future plans than most of us. If you're not worried, then I'm not worried. :)

one side of me agrees, the side that sells the things isnt as comfortable....price will be a HUGE part of the equation, its not like people dont cross shop...and like it or not, alot of GM's and Rams buyers will be conquest, bottom feeders or not...and not to stir even more, but EVERY 1/2 ton truck has more than enough towing and payload for a MAJORITY of buyers....sorry to say, im becoming more and more sceptical, I can only hope some of my thoughts are ungrounded....because the truck is awesome.

Edited by Deanh

I think pioneer sounds like someone who has NEVER sold a New Truck in the retail environment. in reality, Price shoppers are not bottom feeders,in fact they are the majority of buyers..now they can be sold on superior value and they might pay a little more,but not muck over 2K...probably less than that.

Edited by ironhorse

I think pioneer sounds like someone who has NEVER sold a New Truck in the retail environment. in reality, Price shoppers are not bottom feeders,in fact they are the majority of buyers..now they can be sold on superior value and they might pay a little more,but not muck over 2K...probably less than that.

Is that why they're selling so many $60K Limited, Platinum and King Ranch versions?

I don't sell them. I buy them. And I want a new F-150.

• Like 2

Price shoppers are not bottom feeders,in fact they are the majority of buyers.

The majority of buyers don't buy on price, or Ford's sales of higher-end trim lines wouldn't be what they are. People who shop only on price (what Pioneer actually said) are the bottom feeders, the ones who buy the F150 XL with a D37 and would go for the hand-cranked windows if they could get them.

Sure, everybody takes price into consideration when they're buying a vehicle (we're not Congress, after all, and are limited in what we can spend), but it's far from the only consideration.

Edited by SoonerLS

They will adjust...my concern is how long will it take them to adjust.

And I'm saying that Ford believes they won't have to adjust and that buyers will pay the premium. And based on 30+ years of the F series being the #1 selling vehicle I trust they know the market better than you do.

I'd be shocked if they have to offer big incentives or lower prices. I think they'll be happy with higher ATPs even if volume drops a little.

The folks who shop on price go for the cheapest model period and usually end up with leftover models and fire sales or stripper door busters.