Jalopnik: RWD Lincoln coming, and it's a crossover

sorry, late to discussion.

Would new navigator with alloy body and a similar lighter frame in Std and EL sizes be more

likely to cover the RWD 3-Row SUV requirement than anything else, that would fill the hinted

new Platform brief when it finally arrives.

Thinking that alloy body in an F150 based Navigator with bigger overall body than F150 Double cab

would see even more weight reduction over Current steel body Navigator Expedition. So I was thinking,

that ally Navigator will be around 4800 lbs for 2WD which puts it right where Ford needs it.

Ford could simply put CD4 Aviator/Explorer below that as a more compact 3-row vehicle and thus,

satisfy the brief of two new vehicles coming for Lincoln, one a RWD based platform...

Edited by jpd80

Diphenhydramine is, allegedly, the best antihistamine yet discovered. The only reasons for taking Claritin/Zyrtec/etc. is they're non-drowsy.

I have had a couple days this week that have needed more than one shot of flonase, a rescue inhaler and 3 benadryls. Yay!

3 benadryls and I would be out for a week! That stuff knocks me out. Along with half of the non-drowsy meds. Of course, one beer before I eat and things start spinning too. Yeah, I'm a lightweight!

3 benadryls and I would be out for a week! That stuff knocks me out. Along with half of the non-drowsy meds. Of course, one beer before I eat and things start spinning too. Yeah, I'm a lightweight!

Medication doesn't usually knock me out or make me loopy. I took a full dose of Lortab and played a tennis match one time.

But when it comes to alcohol I'm also a lightweight. But I prefer margaritas, mojitos and captain morgan to beer.

Medication doesn't usually knock me out or make me loopy. I took a full dose of Lortab and played a tennis match one time.

But when it comes to alcohol I'm also a lightweight. But I prefer margaritas, mojitos and captain morgan to beer.

I had sinus surgery several years ago, and before going to the dr. to get the packs pulled, I took 2 Vicodin since I heard it was a very painful process getting the packs out. I was nauseous and completely out of it. Doc: "How you feeling?" Me: "I don't know." I've never felt so lost in all my life. So I leave that crap alone! Hell, even Tylenol will make me shaky!

I'm not much of a beer drinker either. A 6 pack will last me 6 months or more. My favorite drink is what we call lemonade. Blend Squirt, frozen lemonade, Seagrams, and little ice. It will sneak up on you pretty quick! I've never had a mojito, but it sounds good. May have to give it a shot.

I had sinus surgery several years ago, and before going to the dr. to get the packs pulled, I took 2 Vicodin since I heard it was a very painful process getting the packs out. I was nauseous and completely out of it. Doc: "How you feeling?" Me: "I don't know." I've never felt so lost in all my life. So I leave that crap alone! Hell, even Tylenol will make me shaky!

I'm not much of a beer drinker either. A 6 pack will last me 6 months or more. My favorite drink is what we call lemonade. Blend Squirt, frozen lemonade, Seagrams, and little ice. It will sneak up on you pretty quick! I've never had a mojito, but it sounds good. May have to give it a shot.

I took Vicodin once, post-surgery when I was about 15. That stuff had me feeling RIGHT. :hysterical:

So, you guys have a drink that you call lemonade... but it's not? I'll warn my family.

I'm not a regular drinker, but scotch doesn't normally do more than knock the edge off; I don't think the soda pop you guys drink would do anything at all. :party:

The only thing I've found that helps with allergies is regular use of Nasonex, and even that falls short every now and then. My doc once told me that allergy drugs are intended to deal with "normal" allergens (holding her hand about a foot above her desk) but we have to deal with Oklahoma allergens (holding her hand about two feet above the desk)--when the wind comes sweeping down the plains, it sweeps a hell of a lot of allergens with it. I'd imagine that's pretty much true throughout the plains states.

Edited by SoonerLS

I took Vicodin once, post-surgery when I was about 15. That stuff had me feeling RIGHT. :hysterical:

So, you guys have a drink that you call lemonade... but it's not? I'll warn my family.

Well, it does have lemonade in it! :)

I'm not a regular drinker, but scotch doesn't normally do more than knock the edge off; I don't think the soda pop you guys drink would do anything at all. :party:

The only thing I've found that helps with allergies is regular use of Nasonex, and even that falls short every now and then. My doc once told me that allergy drugs are intended to deal with "normal" allergens (holding her hand about a foot above her desk) but we have to deal with Oklahoma allergens (holding her hand about two feet above the desk)--when the wind comes sweeping down the plains, it sweeps a hell of a lot of allergens with it. I'd imagine that's pretty much true throughout the plains states.

Here in MO, she would have had to get an extension ladder to hold her hand high enough. At least that's the way it used to feel for me from late February through early November. Since I went through allergy shots, it's only a couple weeks out of the year that are bad for me now.

The only time I've ever been sick from drugs was when I had an abcessed tooth recurrence after a root canal. Worst pain I've ever had. I took a Lortab dose at 4 am. Didn't help much. I had some leftover percocet so I took that at 8 am (4 hours later). Still hurting. I sent my wife to fill the vicodin prescription my endodontist gave me and I took that at noon. I was nauseous, tired and jittery for the next 3 hours. Every time I tried to go to sleep my mind would go nuts. I couldn't focus on anything. All I could do was sit in the chair with my mouth open staring at the TV. It probably had something to do with the buildup of all 3 but I haven't taken a vicodin since.

The only time I've ever been sick from drugs was when I had an abcessed tooth recurrence after a root canal. Worst pain I've ever had. I took a Lortab dose at 4 am. Didn't help much. I had some leftover percocet so I took that at 8 am (4 hours later). Still hurting. I sent my wife to fill the vicodin prescription my endodontist gave me and I took that at noon. I was nauseous, tired and jittery for the next 3 hours. Every time I tried to go to sleep my mind would go nuts. I couldn't focus on anything. All I could do was sit in the chair with my mouth open staring at the TV. It probably had something to do with the buildup of all 3 but I haven't taken a vicodin since.

And to think that people get hooked on that! Ain't no way!

Actually it's "in the midst" not "mist"...but I digress. ;)

I took alergy shots for about 5 years until it got to the point I was good for three weeks then get the monthly shot and be stuffed up for a week. Was off for 4-5 years then the doc got me on it again...4-5 years later, same thing. I've been off this last time about 2 years.

I figure I'm backwards as normally hot dusty day and my allergies should be flaring up but I'm ok, starts raining and my nose starts running. Everybody says it doesn't work that way, I say "tell my nose!"

Also, walk in a room of diesel smoke or cig smoke and while annoying, I'm fine. Somebody starts a diesel at the other end of the shop though? My nose runs! Same as a cig, I sneeze if I drive behind a car that the driver is smoking and has the window open. go figure!

When I was a kid I grew up on a farm and being the youngest/smallest, I had to go in the hay loft to stack bales. Between sweat, snot and tears I was soaked, really disgusting but it was a different time. "stop your bellyaching and get back up the elevator"! LOL!

I'm on dilaudin right now cause I seperated my shoulder two weekends ago at the track. Far as I can see, it takes the edge off the pain but other than that I don't see it doing anything. I was on morphine once, that stuff is pretty cool. Everything was calm, if the house caught fire it would be "well...I guess we better leave then..." MAX relax! I could see why people would like it, but I can't see how people get hooked on stuff as it's stupid to keep taking it...but never been hooked on anything I guess I can't make an informed guess.

Oh...and I'd love to see a rwd lincoln or anything else from ford rwd for that matter....there, back on topic!

Fwd sucks, period. Weight over the drive wheels makes a vehicle good in snow (fwd or rwd). It's not having your steering tires pull you, like the sheeple would like you to believe.

Well there really isn't anything left to be said about the Aviator or GRWD.

I would make a lousy junkie because I don't get any type of good feeling from painkillers. Luckily I have a high pain threshold so I don't even need to take them very often.

I did get some morphine after jaw surgery in the hospital. It was nice but again not really a "high". Just pleasantly relaxed and pain free.

I don't get sick. I don't take medications and I don't drink or smoke.

There is a big correlation between those two statements.

Really, our family is pretty healthy as well. After getting my allergies in check (allergies are what created the need for sinus surgery), I really don't have issues (knock on wood). Our kids rarely miss a day from school. My youngest missed a day of kindergarten this year (and it broke her heart...she LOVES school) because she had a fever. She didn't feel bad or look sick, she just had a fever of 100+, so she was not allowed to go to school. She was fine and playing all day.

Our family sickness level has increased dramatically the last 2 years. Not sure why. The only thing that changed is that our daughter has been working at a daycare taking care of 2 year olds the last 2 years.

But that can't possibly be the problem.......... :) :) :)

Our family sickness level has increased dramatically the last 2 years. Not sure why. The only thing that changed is that our daughter has been working at a daycare taking care of 2 year olds the last 2 years.

But that can't possibly be the problem.......... :) :) :)

Ha! I was never sick until we had kids. Then I was sick all the time. Now I guess I'm immune to it all again. :)