2015 Light-Duty V8 Challenge

Plus regular gas in the F-150 is 40 cents a gallon cheaper than the premium gas PUTC put in the Silverado, Sierra and the Ram.

I'll also add that PUTC made no mention of this when they scored for fuel "economy."

Edited by Bryan1

I understand the concept of a "V8 challenge" but seriously....they pitted the 5.0L Coyote against the 5.7L Hemi and 6.2L Vortex? Does anyone understand why Ford opted out of putting "big" motors in their half ton trucks? Even though fuel prices are currently trending downward, that will soon end and prices will march right back up there, leaving GM and FCA whining and scrambling for capacity changes to address their short fall....

A question for RAM...what happened to the 4.7L V8?

Interesting observations:

1. 1240 lbs of rock salt puts the Dodge "several hundred pounds over its payload rating" Can you scream "weak truck"

2. Ford 5.0L performs right on par in every test with the "legendary" 5.7 Hemi - gosh, talk about the mighty Hemi living on perception and outdated reputation.

3. Toyota, for all their customer loyalty and swagger, still can't hang. But their owners will swear under oath that those trucks are superior- go figure. All the Toyota fanboys screaming foul in the comments is classic!

4. Kudos for Chevy with those big powerful engines and best in test gas mileage - they are doing something right!

I would choose the Ford hands down - but I am a Ford guy. I drove a 2014 F-150 5.0 Crew Cab rental. It was real nice truck and performed magnificently.

Edited by Kev-Mo