New Ford GT officially official

I was thinking trucks and larger Utilities but yeah, it' still rearward of normally acceptable for RWD car.

Looking at the two integral casings shown, it's clear that there's some flexibility there to move the position

of the front diferential from behind the converter to in front of the flex plate, I wonder if it could be placed

even further forward.....

This is the Aussie territory's front end removed from the vehicle, the front differential is on the side as a separate unit,

I wonder of you could have a couple of different bell housling configurations to suit specific derivatives

That's not a viable solution for a platform that's also going to support sedans, unless you want them to sit AMC Eagle style:

640px-AMC_Eagle_4-door_sedan_white_WV_r.

If you move it farther forward, you end up needing to integrate the differential with the oil sump--which is what BMW does for its AWD systems, and that seems like too much cost for a basic FWD transaxle

Edited by RichardJensen

If you move it farther forward, you end up needing to integrate the differential with the oil sump--which is what BMW does for its AWD systems, and that seems like too much cost for a basic FWD transaxle

I understand that and respect the opinions of others.

As proof of your point, I offer this picure of the Cadillac AWD set up.

If we were considering AWD for Mustang, it would need differential integral with sump as below.

Cadillac08STS6speedauto.jpg

Those look, if anything, harder to clean around.

I don't know but I'm pretty sure the type of person who buys a $180,000 car doesn't wash it or change the oil etc himself. He/she has "people" for that kind of work.

On the other hand a true enthusiast with the means to afford this car would consider working on it a labor of love not a chore.

• Like 1

I don't know but I'm pretty sure the type of person who buys a $180,000 car doesn't wash it or change the oil etc himself. He/she has "people" for that kind of work.

On the other hand a true enthusiast with the means to afford this car would consider working on it a labor of love not a chore.

The latter, not the former...

• Like 2