2016 Taurus interior shots

Is that "official" that the new Taurus will debut in April? It kind of makes sense...except for one thing. If the new MKS/Continental/Whatever is going to show up in New York...that's pretty much the exact same time as the Shanghai Auto Show. Wouldn't Ford want to separate the two cars debuts a bit?

Is that "official" that the new Taurus will debut in April? It kind of makes sense...except for one thing. If the new MKS/Continental/Whatever is going to show up in New York...that's pretty much the exact same time as the Shanghai Auto Show. Wouldn't Ford want to separate the two cars debuts a bit?

They debuted the new MKX the same day, even the same show as the GT, Raptor and GT350R, so no, that kind of thing doesn't matter to them. Edited by fuzzymoomoo

There is a difference between the MKX and the GT/Raptor, etc. The difference is that the Taurus and the MKS/Continental will share a platform and that ( no matter the differentiation ) will make internet trolls scream REBADGE!!!!! ( even thought they have no idea what that word means ).

They debuted the new MKX the same day, even the same show as the GT, Raptor and GT350R, so no, that kind of thing doesn't matter to them.

Technically, I think the MKZ debuted the day after those three... :stirpot:

There is a difference between the MKX and the GT/Raptor, etc. The difference is that the Taurus and the MKS/Continental will share a platform and that ( no matter the differentiation ) will make internet trolls scream REBADGE!!!!! ( even thought they have no idea what that word means ).

I understand the point you're making....however, I think negatards and what not will make that argument no matter how differentiated they are. I think as long as they're quite differentiated (as we've seen with the MKZ, and especially the MKC and new MKX, so I'm not worried here), I don't think there will be much of a problem with the differentiation comments.

• Like 1

2 things

-- this year NYC (Apr2~12) is before the the China-Auto show (Apr20~29)

-- not holding my breath but it'd be very interesting if one was FwdAwd and the other RwdEwd - with diff wlbs and etcs

Technically, I think the MKZ debuted the day after those three... :stirpot:

I understand the point you're making....however, I think negatards and what not will make that argument no matter how differentiated they are. I think as long as they're quite differentiated (as we've seen with the MKZ, and especially the MKC and new MKX, so I'm not worried here), I don't think there will be much of a problem with the differentiation comments.

You'd never guess this Lincoln shared it's platform with this Ford...

DSC08974.JPG

1981_ford_fairmont_001.jpg

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/02/not-for-india-2016-ford-taurus-interior-spied-166810

with rotary gear knob...not sure how I feel about that, the rest of the interior looks pretty good though.

I don't like rotary shift knobs. Yea, I know they're all just electric switches these days and not actual mechanical links to the transmission but there is something to be said for keeping controls intuitive. Hell, I grope for the column shift lever on my truck when I jump into my wife's floor shift Jeep sometimes. I guess since we now have electric steering we can start replacing steering wheels with joysticks.