2018 Expedition in Camo

I don't think the full-size SUV crowd is as brand-loyal as pickup trucks. I think there is plenty of room to pick up conquests, but your vehicle has to look right. This is a big area for soccer moms, and they are much less brand loyal. They care about what their girlfriend drives and how good it looks. At least, that's what I think.

This is a big area for soccer moms, and they are much less brand loyal. They care about what their girlfriend drives and how good it looks. At least, that's what I think.

You're exactly right, even though a lot of them won't admit it. And that's where GM has an advantage with so many SubYuHoes already in subdivision driveways.

Then again, if Ford does get a few converts that could start working the other way.

You're exactly right, even though a lot of them won't admit it. And that's where GM has an advantage with so many SubYuHoes already in subdivision driveways.

Then again, if Ford does get a few converts that could start working the other way.

First Jenny gets one, then Susie likes it and gets one, and then Charlotte, and the next thing you know, they've all ditched the Yuhoes for Expies! That's the plan, anyhow!

Well, Mary is a little pissed because her husband is brand loyal and won't buy her one, so he's doing without for a while...

• Like 2

My wife isn't generally like that, but back in 1997 I tried to get her to look at the new Expedition. She said no way she wanted one it was way too big. So we got a new Explorer. 2 years later her petite friend gets one and she asks "how much do they cost?". 2 weeks later I traded the explorer for a new eddie bauer expedition.

My wife isn't generally like that, but back in 1997 I tried to get her to look at the new Expedition. She said no way she wanted one it was way too big. So we got a new Explorer. 2 years later her petite friend gets one and she asks "how much do they cost?". 2 weeks later I traded the explorer for a new eddie bauer expedition.

If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

Edited by fordmantpw
  • Like 2

Was PD and fleet a major factor in the higher sales?

Not likely. Police units accounts for 3~4000 Tahoe at the most annually.

Both GM and Ford were active in fleet sales (basically airport livery) with Yuhoe and Expedition for a while. But Ford did withdraw from fleet market midway through Expy III run because it was prepared to pull the plug on Expy during the recession.

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw an Expy and/or Navi "concept" this year, with production model(s) debuting next year.

not Navi THIS year imho - has to wait until after the mce-Z & production Conti

if you meant autoshow-SEASON... well, Chicago is available wink.gif

Edited by 2b2

I think it outsold the first Tahoe/Yukon, but the GMT400s were really bad SUVs. IIRC, the Expy never outsold the GMT800 Tahoes and certainly not the GMT900s.

Ergonomics and looks wise the 97' Expo was miles ahead of the GMT400s but they weren't bad as anything else on sell then. The Vortec 97-00 GM twins are the better models over the tbi engine models.

First Jenny gets one, then Susie likes it and gets one, and then Charlotte, and the next thing you know, they've all ditched the Yuhoes for Expies! That's the plan, anyhow!

Well, Mary is a little pissed because her husband is brand loyal and won't buy her one, so he's doing without for a while...

So you're sayin the incentive Ford should go with on the new one is a $1000 Trader Joes gift card and a bottle of wine shows up every week for a year club membership.

• Like 2

not Navi THIS year imho - has to wait until after the mce-Z & production Conti

if you meant autoshow-SEASON... well, Chicago is available wink.gif

Yes, the upcoming autoshows, whether LA, NAIAS, Chicago, New York, etc.

MKZ refresh, production Continental, concept Navigator?

Any predictions on what is shown at each show? LA is actually less than 3 weeks away.

Continental and I would put money down for that. Fusion ST? I'd like to see that BUT, wouldn't the MCE come out first? My Money says Detroit for that. How about Taurus for Chicago or NYC? I think MKZ MCE will appear and production Raptor will be out making the rounds. I predict we may see Navigator and Expedition this season and folks will complain and having to walk almost a year to see them on the lots. Super Duty at Texas is kind of a no brainer. I would like to see a Lincoln C - Segment Concept with MKC powertrain, AWD in a classic 3 box layout. Perhaps a beefed up version with Focus RS setup? How about a Mustang Ecoboost getting the RS power upgrade? Escape MCE with the Sport version? That's just off the top of my head :)

Edited by Hugh

Easy money is on Continental at LA. We start TT builds next month if the newsletter I read the other day is correct.

Fusion ST, eh, that's probably for NYC or Goodwood or something like that. Fusion MCE at Detroit is a pretty safe bet.

There will be no new Taurus, right akirby? ;)

Edit: we could also see the Escape MCE at either LA or Detroit too.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

Easy money is on Continental at LA. We start TT builds next month if the newsletter I read the other day is correct.

Fusion ST, eh, that's probably for NYC or Goodwood or something like that. Fusion MCE at Detroit is a pretty safe bet.

There will be no new Taurus, right akirby? ;)

Edit: we could also see the Escape MCE at either LA or Detroit too.

production Conti was confirmed for NAIAS almost 3 weeks ago

http://blog.caranddriver.com/luxury-not-performance-at-lincoln-and-the-continental-bows-at-detroit/

others ... well, you've got rumors right here on BON wink.gif

production Conti was confirmed for NAIAS almost 3 weeks ago

http://blog.caranddriver.com/luxury-not-performance-at-lincoln-and-the-continental-bows-at-detroit/

others ... well, you've got rumors right here on BON wink.gif

I didn't see that article, thanks for that!

I haven't seen any of those other rumors other than there being no new Taurus. I haven't seen anything on when the Fusion MCE or ST will be shown. Or the Escape MCE for that matter.

I didn't see that article, thanks for that!

I haven't seen any of those other rumors other than there being no new Taurus. I haven't seen anything on when the Fusion MCE or ST will be shown. Or the Escape MCE for that matter.

According to the latest DNB Job 1 on the 2017 Escape/MKC is end of 1Q which I would say is LA showing, where Fusion is Early 2Q so that will be Detroit. I think Detroit will also have another Bronco concept. I know people cringe at the thought but maybe they will announce Automatic transmissions options for Focus ST and Fiesta ST as well, it would double sales, I would hope a Fusion ST has an automatic option.

I know people cringe at the thought but maybe they will announce Automatic transmissions options for Focus ST and Fiesta ST as well, it would double sales, I would hope a Fusion ST has an automatic option.

The Fusion ST is a bit of enigma...the two choices engine wise would be either the Focus RS engine (manual) or the Edge Sport 2.7 Ecoboost V6 (auto)...like you say I don't think a midsize sedan would sell that great with just an manual transmission (I'd personally love it though) and making a car that would most likely only sell about 10-15K copies worldwide, might make investing in both a manual and automatic transmission would be cost prohibitive, unless there is some sort of loopholes with CAFE and EU standards.