U.S. Ford Ecosport for 2017

Welcome back, BORG!

If it comes in 2017, it would be the MCE model. If it's in 2018, more than likely it will be the next gen EcoSport.

The benefit for selling the MCE one in 2017 is to get the name out and recoup the volume lost by Fiesta and Focus, with a profitable product.

Yes glad to see BORG back and shooting straight. First comment i read was where someone wanted proof of your opinion....funny since nobody has proof on whether this is coming in 1 year (highly unlikely since where is it going to be built) to your more realistic time line. Don't be a stranger so much!!!

• Like 2

Yes glad to see BORG back and shooting straight. First comment i read was where someone wanted proof of your opinion....funny since nobody has proof on whether this is coming in 1 year (highly unlikely since where is it going to be built) to your more realistic time line. Don't be a stranger so much!!!

I challenged him because he presented his comment as fact instead of speculation like the rest of us. Even the article in the original post is speculative.

If you're going to present a comment as fact, you had better be able to back it up with a quote or credible source.

• Like 2

I challenged him because he presented his comment as fact instead of speculation like the rest of us. Even the article in the original post is speculative.

If you're going to present a comment as fact, you had better be able to back it up with a quote or credible source.

There are so many pro Ford posts that state this and state that and nobody asks for facts or proof. Double standard and that's why I called you out on it. He made a statement like so many others. Think you jumped to nuick on this one. My opinion.

Just start it with "I Believe" or "in my opinion" before going on with the sentence to get the opinion challenging nazi's off your back. In the same way I'll talk bad about someone then end it with "bless her heart", so others won't attack you and think your somewhat nice and sweet, that's how we do it in the south...

Wow nothing says copied like that.........

Until now, priorities in North America have been upgrading the major profit earners

more than nice to have range fillers

Mind you, revitalising interest in Ford products in areas outside Nth America has to be

Important too as the company seeks better ROI on its operations elsewhere.

North America is the cash cow but other regions must also pull their weight.

Edited by jpd80

In the 2020 plan, will the Ecosport be electrified for US markets to compete with the Chevy Bolt?

A CUV based EV makes no sense. it will be too heavy and too expensive because of batteries needed for it to have competitive Range.

Full EVs are B sized becuse it allows good range at a lower price point.

A CUV based EV makes no sense. it will be too heavy and too expensive because of batteries needed for it to have competitive Range.

You consider the ModelS B sized? The Leaf is C is it not? Focus EV?

Aluminum is much lighter than steel, and can be used to save weight. The next Focus is reportedly going Al, so I would expect the EV platform Ford is producing to be Al as well.

You consider the ModelS B sized? The Leaf is C is it not? Focus EV?

Other than the Tesla none of them have a 200 mile range or are on dedicated EV platforms.

the Model S coast 2-3 times as much as the bolt.

Fact: batteries Are the number 1 cost in an EV, heavier cars need more battery to produce the Same range and performance.

thus A heavier larger EV will be more expensive or provide less performance at the same cost.

2017-chevrolet-bolt_100545519_h.jpg

Aluminum is much lighter than steel, and can be used to save weight. The next Focus is reportedly going Al, so I would expect the EV platform Ford is producing to be Al as well.

Other Reports say the Focus is going to remain Steel. Ford has not confirmed an EV platform while GM has a 200+ mile EV available for purchase this year, for less than $30,000.

Other Reports say the Focus is going to remain Steel. Ford has not confirmed an EV platform while GM has a 200+ mile EV available for purchase this year, for less than $30,000.

So, pick and choose what you want to believe. You choose to believe the report Focus is going to remain steel, but refuse to believe the report that Ford is building a new HEV/BEV/PHEV platform.

And who cares about the Bolt...we were discussing plans for Ford.

So, pick and choose what you want to believe. You choose to believe the report Focus is going to remain steel, but refuse to believe the report that Ford is building a new HEV/BEV/PHEV platform.

And who cares about the Bolt...we were discussing plans for Ford.

AFAIK Ford is planning a dedicated HEV and PHEV.

The focus Electric was not developed by Ford but was primarily done by Magna international

http://money.cnn.com/2009/03/20/autos/ford_electric/index.htm

The bolt matters because it represents the the first affordable 200 mile+ EV by a major manufacture this is now the bar Ford's EV must reach.

Other than the Tesla none of them have a 200 mile range or are on dedicated EV platforms.

the Model S coast 2-3 times as much as the bolt.

Fact: you didn't say anything about cost or range.

Bolt is B-class therefore all full EVs are B-Class.

How about the new Hyundai?

I've named multiple that are not b-class. Your turn.

The 2017 model year starts this fall, so are there really going to be Eco-Sports in showrooms then? Or will it be Calendar year?

First line of the article:

The EcoSport could arrive in the U.S. in late 2017 as a 2018 model, the research firm Autodata said in a report this month.