Continental gets a price tag

Ding ding ding ding!

$45995....would be my guess....with the obligatory $10-13k in options, loaded just under $59....

Ok this makes more sense... 3.7 V6 instead of 2.3 EB as base engine.

Base engine (probably less than 5% retail mix) - 3.7 V6 ~$45k starting MSRP

Main engine (probably 60~70% of retail mix) - 2.7 EB ~$50k FWD / ~$55k AWD

Top engine (probably 25~35% of retail mix) - 3.0 EB ~ $60k AWD

Black label will probably be restricted to 3.0 EB ~$65k starting MSRP

• Like 1

I actually got to check out a Continental Black Label (Thoroughbred) today at the Ford Garage and took some pictures, but I don't think I should share them since Ford Employees are involved. I got to see the engine bay for the first time with the 3.0L EB. It's an incredible car for sure, great presence and refinement throughout. It's still not something I would personally go for but it's extremely appropriate for the Lincoln brand.

Edited by BORG

I'm starting to get the impression that the 3.0/Black label are "late availability" items.

I'll see if I can get an answer out of someone about it today.

Yes, the 3.0L is Late 2016 Availability for MKZ so assume the same for Continental.

want to see one in black.....even in white it looks great....and cudos Ford...not sure anyone is familiar with revel, but there audio speakers are world class......awesome....

It looks awesome in silver too. I'd take a pic of the one on the line right now if it weren't for the 30 engineers hovering around I.

• Like 3

I'm surprised that I nailed the prices almost exactly [pats myself on the back...]

Premiere only comes with 3.7 V6 so it's obvious that one is going to be really limited in retail inventory. I think the sweet spot is going to be right around $55k, which is Select with 2.7 EB and some options.

Also, looks like 3.0 EB is available only on Reserve AWD (and Black Label I guess).

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

want to see one in black.....even in white it looks great....and cudos Ford...not sure anyone is familiar with revel, but there audio speakers are world class......awesome....

I have the 12 speaker Revel system in the MKX and it is fantastic. I volunteered to drive 12 miles to get takeout just to listen to it.

• Like 4

I was at Barrett Jackson in Palm Beach Sunday and they had one of these displayed. I was impressed by the overall look and interior looked very good. What was more impressive was the people the vehicle attracted. This is a pretty affluent crowd and there must of been around a dozen or so people checking it out. I chatted with one mature gentleman :) and you could tell he really liked it.

BTW...also saw a GT there and that was special but not as exciting as the old Lincoln's and Mercury's that were going up for auction.

Pricing is not surprising-though I wish Ford would do away with all of this option package 201A crap.