Ford to show all-new vehicle tomorrow. New Expedition?

You can certainly see the lingering influence of the styling from the old PAG group, whether you are looking at SUVs or cars. Remove the badges and this new Expy could easily be mistaken for a large Land Rover. Same could be said to a lesser degree for the Fusion and Jaguar, the Mustang and Aston. I wonder how much of that can be traced to the Callum brothers?

That is huge-according to my daughters in law! And people with little kids for sure are a factor.

We had that with the 99 Expy and 2003 Aviator but lost it when we switched to Edge (then Escape and now MKX) in 2008. Can't say that I miss it - the power liftgate works much better for us.

You can certainly see the lingering influence of the styling from the old PAG group, whether you are looking at SUVs or cars. Remove the badges and this new Expy could easily be mistaken for a large Land Rover. Same could be said to a lesser degree for the Fusion and Jaguar, the Mustang and Aston. I wonder how much of that can be traced to the Callum brothers?

I don't see that as a bad thing. Also, Moray Callum works for Ford still, so that's probably why.

We had that with the 99 Expy and 2003 Aviator but lost it when we switched to Edge (then Escape and now MKX) in 2008. Can't say that I miss it - the power liftgate works much better for us.

While power liftgates have definitely made the liftglass less necessary (especially the kick activated ones now), there are times where it'd be nice to just quickly open the liftglass, throw something in, and close it again, rather than waiting for the liftgate to fully open, then fully close. Not to mention if you're in a confined space where you might not be able to open the full liftgate (garage, etc.) That said, I've gotten used to the liftgate only, but I just thought it was nice to see they retained it for the large SUVs.

• Like 1

I can see it in certain circumstances and it makes more sense with the larger vehicles. But not a dealbreaker like it was before the power liftgates.

We had it on previous Expeditions, but lost it on our new Explorer. It came in really handy on the Expy, especially in the garage and in tight parking lots. So far, it hasn't been too much of an issue with the Explorer.

While power liftgates have definitely made the liftglass less necessary (especially the kick activated ones now), there are times where it'd be nice to just quickly open the liftglass, throw something in, and close it again, rather than waiting for the liftgate to fully open, then fully close. Not to mention if you're in a confined space where you might not be able to open the full liftgate (garage, etc.) That said, I've gotten used to the liftgate only, but I just thought it was nice to see they retained it for the large SUVs.

I know on the new Escape it has a sensor that prevents the liftgate from raising up and hitting overhead objects like garage doors and roofs.

Those videos at truck trend were taken down, I'm glad I grabbed screen shots. I made the mistake of refreshing the page to see the comments, but found they took it down, so I couldn't watch the videos again. We're 25 minutes away from the official reveal.

Edited by rmc523

Agreed! The red one looks spectacular!

The only engine mentioned in the press release is the 3.5L EB. Surely that's not going to be the only engine available, is it?

Well, there's the diesel rumor......they're likely waiting to reveal that in F-150 at some point first.

I'm surprised the 2.7 isn't standard, though.

Edited by rmc523

Well, there's the diesel rumor......they're likely waiting to reveal that in F-150 at some point first.

I'm surprised the 2.7 isn't standard, though.

Well, the diesel has already been revealed for the F150.

I was expecting the 2.7L as standard as well. Of course, they may be just releasing the 3.5L at first.

Not watching....are there issues?

Yeah, whoever is running the slideshow keeps putting in on the wrong slides from what the presenter wants.

Also, and maybe this is just me, but the screen is dim in the video feed, so difficult to see it because it's outdoors.

----

Some interesting tidbits:

-sliding second row

-reclining third row (while maintaining powerfold ability)

-button in cargo area to fold second row down too

-300-pound weight loss - I would've expected a lot more. But it did also become 4" longer overall.