'20 Bronco Rendered

It would have been hard to do that on the last Bronco because that tailgate was so thick there wasn't any way to feasibly do it. If they want to, they could do it like the old Explorer where the wiper rested just below the window. As long as it doesn't drop down from the top, I personally hate that look.

That's what I'm talking about....it's mounted on the door, and when it turns on, it tilts up and rests on the window then swipes, and when it turns off, it returns to its' spot on the door.

Oh....you must've thought I meant it would drop down into the door with the glass?

Edited by rmc523

That's what I'm talking about....it's mounted on the door, and when it turns on, it tilts up and rests on the window then swipes, and when it turns off, it returns to its' spot on the door.

it wouldn't have been possible with the last Bronco. The window wasn't flush enough with the outside of the gate.

Oh....you must've thought I meant it would drop down into the door with the glass?

God I hope not

I'm guessing shoulder belts are a requirement now? Before 92 the belts were in the seats, in 92they attached to the top. No top, no seat belts, no legal. Annoying design choice, but regs are regs and gov is gonna gov

Things have progressed in the last 25 years--they can put the belts in the seat backs. It's pretty common for middle seats, particularly in trucks (like my F-150) and 3-row vehicles, and some convertibles have all of the front seat belts in the seat backs.

If you're driving in a snow storm what's in front of you is important, not what's behind you. ;)

Says the guy from California... ;)

You had better fine tune that location to 'California, Sierra Nevada region' to have any credibility on this - :)

Edited by Kev-Mo

I didn't realize the current 4 Runner relocated the wiper to up under the spoiler.

4Runner is very popular here. That retracting rear window is a feature that many customers of this vehicle really like. The original notion is that you can throw your outdoor gear back there, like a wetsuit or damp camping tents and equipment - and drive home with some ventilation in any weather. They are equipped with a large spoiler to direct airflow, and keep the window clean on dusty Forest Service roads. Also, it comes in handy when picking-up 2x10's at Home Depot. Toyota put a lot of thought into this feature, and I know their loyal customers really appreciate it. Much like my Ford keypad door lock, the retracting rear window is perhaps one of those things you can't live without once you have it.

Let's hope Ford is paying attention. The Bronco will compete against Wrangler AND 4Runner - a pretty tall order for Ford designers.

Why, do they not have fobs?

they do I think, but I know a lot of departments (a least around me) still use the keys like they did with the CV. They must feel more comfortable using keys to get in the trunk where they keep their weapons and supplies rather than rely on a remote that can die over time.

IMO the Everest represents what the Explorer would have been had it stayed BOF. I suspect there might even be a limited market for it in NA. It could even be enough to justify including it in the mix at MAP, especially if the Ranger and Bronco do not sell in high enough numbers to meet plant capacity. While that might seem unlikely today who knows what the market will look like in two years? There could also be buyers who want a more rugged SUV but not necessarily one that looks like a Bronco but perhaps more like the current Ford SUV lineup. I could see it selling in Flex numbers and you could even compare it to the Flex in that it was built in the same plant with other models that shared the same platform. :stirpot:

• Like 2

To me at least, the Everest looks a bit rounded but I guess that makes sense when we consider

that it's main competition in the ROW is Toyota Prado (Landcruiser 120).

Thankfully, both the Ranger and Everest are nice and cosy inside for those that spend lots of hours behind the wheel,

the softer styling complements that polished feel for international markets but I personally like the more chiselled

features of a Nth American Jeep or what we used to see in older Explorer and Bronco...

Thankfully, both the Ranger and Everest are nice and cosy inside for those that spend lots of hours behind the wheel,

the softer styling complements that polished feel for international markets but I personally like the more chiselled

features of a Nth American Jeep or what we used to see in older Explorer and Bronco...

I don't care for that soft look either. I'm hoping Ford will not go that route. I don't think they will, but time will tell.

IMO the Everest represents what the Explorer would have been had it stayed BOF. I suspect there might even be a limited market for it in NA. It could even be enough to justify including it in the mix at MAP, especially if the Ranger and Bronco do not sell in high enough numbers to meet plant capacity.

And/or exported to other countries.