Ford Sales October 2017 Up 6.2 %

I'm only seeing $4K on the leftover 2017s, $2K on the 2018s (X plan).

Could be zip code then too, A/Z have an extra $1,000

Bonus Customer Cash (Program #13114)

Cash Incentive: $1,000

Offer Valid: 2017-10-03 - 2017-11-30

Disclaimer: Program #13114: Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 11/30/2017. See dealer for complete details.

Retail Customer Cash (Program #13108)

Cash Incentive: $2,000

Offer Valid: 2017-10-03 - 2018-01-02

Disclaimer: Program #13108: Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 01/02/2018. See dealer for complete details.

Ford Credit Retail Bonus Customer Cash (Program #13110)

Disclaimer: Program #13110: $1,000.00 Ford Credit Bonus cash requires Ford Credit financing. Not all buyers will qualify. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 01/02/2018. See dealer for complete details.

Retail Bonus Customer Cash (Program #13112)

Disclaimer: Program #13112: Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 01/02/2018. See dealer for complete details.

Edited by jasonj80

Why would MAP be ruled out? I don't see Ranger/Bronco/whatever more than 200K.

I don't either but building the unibody TC alongside the BOF Ranger/Bronco poses problems I don't think Ford is going to account for when they retool the plant.

I don't think Fusion sales will stay this low. I think they'll rebound back to 20K/month once they refresh the tophat.

I disagree. I don't think it will get back that high any time soon. That market has shrunk and I don't see it getting back to where it was 2-3 years ago any time soon. All a new top hat will do is stop the decline IMO.
  • Like 1

I disagree. I don't think it will get back that high any time soon. That market has shrunk and I don't see it getting back to where it was 2-3 years ago any time soon. All a new top hat will do is stop the decline IMO.

For sure, if anything as the new SUV's launch it will cut into the market even more. In 5 years I see the Fusion in the monthly 15K range.

Edited by jasonj80

You must have missed the previous discussions. Fusion is down way more than the market itself.

Camry dropped from 429K to 388K last year and they're on target for around 360K this year. That's only a 16% drop from 2 years ago. Honda and most others are similar.

Fusion dropped from 300K to 265K last year and is on target for 211K this year. That's a 30% drop.

There is no reason an updated Fusion won't sell at least 250K even with the overall market drop.

You must have missed the previous discussions. Fusion is down way more than the market itself.

Camry dropped from 429K to 388K last year and they're on target for around 360K this year. That's only a 16% drop from 2 years ago. Honda and most others are similar.

Fusion dropped from 300K to 265K last year and is on target for 211K this year. That's a 30% drop.

There is no reason an updated Fusion won't sell at least 250K even with the overall market drop.

that's still at least 50K with of available capacity at that plant, not counting MKZ production of course.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think capacity at HMO is around 400K

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

You have to be friends or family with a Ford employee or you have to work for a Ford partner company (that's how I get mine). Some clubs also offer them such as the mustang club of america. Or if you have 100 shares of Ford stock for at least 6 months.

It's not the deal it used to be when it was slightly below dealer invoice. Now it's $100 - $150 above invoice - but it's still a good no haggle price and the dealer can't stick you with additional or exorbitant fees or make you take dealer add-ons.

Thanks akirby. If I had known about the 100 shares/6 month option, I would have bought stock. I’ll probably order a new Mustang next month, so a stock purchase won’t help. I may buy stock anyway for future purchases.

that's still at least 50K with of available capacity at that plant, not counting MKZ production of course.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think capacity at HMO is around 400K

Wasn't it was around 300K when they added overflow at FRAP?

What is preventing the Trandit Connect from being built in NA? Seems like Ford has the capacity. Im starting to see more of the other manufacturers equivalent vehicles around here, which seemed to be dominated by Ford previously.

For one thing, it may be too late in the model cycle to be talking about building it in North America. By the time you setup the tooling and production line, we are probably only 24 months away from the next generation. The investment wouldn't pay off. If you are talking about next generation, I think there is some good argument that Ford should build it here.

The other thing you need to think about is that moving production to North America will open up space in Spain. What can Ford produce in Spain to make up for the drop in plant utilization? If Ford Europe doesn't need extra capacity on the models produced in Valencia, then it may be better for Ford to keep the US spec Transit Connect in Spain and just deal with the chicken tax.

Think about the decision on Focus... if Ford can't justify a set of tooling and production line for a vehicle that will sell easily 125k a year, maybe they should pass on something that has potential peak volume of 75~80k. UNLESS Ford thinks there is a huge opportunity to grow volume (e.g. by adding a pickup truck?)

For one thing, it may be too late in the model cycle to be talking about building it in North America. By the time you setup the tooling and production line, we are probably only 24 months away from the next generation. The investment wouldn't pay off. If you are talking about next generation, I think there is some good argument that Ford should build it here.

The other thing you need to think about is that moving production to North America will open up space in Spain. What can Ford produce in Spain to make up for the drop in plant utilization? If Ford Europe doesn't need extra capacity on the models produced in Valencia, then it may be better for Ford to keep the US spec Transit Connect in Spain and just deal with the chicken tax.

Think about the decision on Focus... if Ford can't justify a set of tooling and production line for a vehicle that will sell easily 125k a year, maybe they should pass on something that has potential peak volume of 75~80k. UNLESS Ford thinks there is a huge opportunity to grow volume (e.g. by adding a pickup truck?)

I thought they were going to bring it here for this generation.

Alternatively, I wonder if they'd consider bringing over the Transit Custom to slot between the Connect and Transit?

Thanks akirby. If I had known about the 100 shares/6 month option, I would have bought stock. I’ll probably order a new Mustang next month, so a stock purchase won’t help. I may buy stock anyway for future purchases.

You might want to check with your company too -- there are like 3500 companies that qualify for it.

https://www.oxmoorflm.com/ford-a-x-z-plans/x-plan-partner-companies/

Edited by jasonj80

What is preventing the Trandit Connect from being built in NA? Seems like Ford has the capacity. Im starting to see more of the other manufacturers equivalent vehicles around here, which seemed to be dominated by Ford previously.

Ford could have the Escape, Focus and T/C roll off the same assembly line in NA if they want to, seeing Ford want to make a car line in ChiComland for NA consumers shows how much they think about NAFTA workers.

Ford could have the Escape, Focus and T/C roll off the same assembly line in NA if they want to, seeing Ford want to make a car line in ChiComland for NA consumers shows how much they think about NAFTA workers.

That would only work if it was Escape overflow. Escape demand is too high for that equation to be the only source of Escape production.

Regardless, they should be stopping the decline. There is zero reason to let it rot on the vine.

The issue is that Fusion's exceptional 30% decline is not only due to its age but also Ford

not defending it with incentives and competitive financing rates.

Rather than defend Fusion, Ford has allowed those sales to migrate to more Utility sales

while trimming car production, it's a sneaky way of redirecting business into growth areas.

They were planning to lower sales on both Focus and Fusion so they could consolidate production in Hermosillo in anticipation of further drops in car sales. Stupid plan but that was the reason. So they didn’t bother spending much money on either one.

And rather than spend $500 million doing that, they decided to go for broke and use another Focus plant that was changing anyway.

So what if Ford consolidated Fusion and Mondeo production at Hermosillo making more room for utilities at Valencia.