2019 Ford Ranger Speculation thread

I'm the one who posted that vid here.

There is a major difference between the 2.7 and 3.5 EBs. The exhaust manifolds on the 2.7 are cast as part of the cylinder head which means the turbos bolt directly to the heads. Ford does not build a non-turbo 2.7.

The 3.5, on the other hand, has separate exhaust manifolds which means each chassis that it is used in can use unique exhaust manifolds and because the turbos bolt to the exhaust manifolds, the turbos can be positioned differently for each vehicle.

Is it cost effective to cast different heads just to fit the 2.7 in the Ranger (if necessary) when it does not have significantly higher output than the in-line 4 cyl 2.3L EB, especially when that engine is already putting out more power than their competition?

The part I was pointing out is the turbo on the F150 is totally different from the SHO. So it would be a different casting for a Ranger turbo. No need for a new head. (I understand how the exhaust manifold is cast in the head itself)

Which version of 2.3L though? Surely your not thinking that Ford would put in the Focus RS or Mustang tuned engine. The MKC is 285hp and 305ft lbs.and Explorer has 280hp and 310ft lbs. We have a 2.3L AWD MKC and it does scoot in sport mode, But its a dog in Drive. The more I think of it a 2.3L with a 10 speed behind it, Just might not be that bad as the mid grade engine. But not the top.

Chevy has that 3.6L V6 that puts out 308hp and 275ft pnds with an 8 speed. But what do you do for their 6 speed diesel?

Spotted about half an hour ago very close to where I live. If this isn't the US version, I don't know what is. Wish there was a better pic of the front end but that's all I have. That 3.2 badge on the fender is curious...

attachicon.gifIMG_3309.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3310.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3311.JPG

Edit: Comparing it with other pics out there, I don't think it's our version.

Several clues:

1. It has the third brake light added to the cab extension. The NA version is supposed to have it integrated into the roof ala F-150.

2. The taillights are not US spec.

3. The 3.2 badges are the same as ROW T6 with 3.2L 5 cyl Duratorg turbo diesel.

4. The whole front end is same as the current ROW T6.

5. The rear axle looks the same as the current ROW T6, not the Dana M220.

All things considered, it still wouldn't surprise me if that's EXACTLY what we are getting.

Spotted about half an hour ago very close to where I live. If this isn't the US version, I don't know what is. Wish there was a better pic of the front end but that's all I have. That 3.2 badge on the fender is curious...

Looks like the current ROW Ranger

Maybe this new ST tease from Ford Performance is the 2018 mustang-spec 460 hp coyote backed by an MT-82 in the new Ranger ST. ?

Ive slept on it and this could be a load of fun. Who needs a F-150 Lightning when this could happen? And oh by the way it would probably be able to tow/haul more than the last lightning could.

attachicon.gifIMG_3309.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3310.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3311.JPG

Edit: Comparing it with other pics out there, I don't think it's our version.

That is definitely the current T6 Ranger, not the new one. It has orange turn signal and current model front grille, and no US style side hanging exhaust pipe.

Edited by bzcat

Maybe this new ST tease from Ford Performance is the 2018 mustang-spec 460 hp coyote backed by an MT-82 in the new Ranger ST.

If Ford puts the 460HP Mustang 5.0 in an F150 RCSB or Ranger, I'd trade today. They can keep the Chinese trans though. I'll take the 10 speed auto.

• Like 1

If Ford puts the 460HP Mustang 5.0 in an F150 RCSB or Ranger, I'd trade today. They can keep the Chinese trans though. I'll take the 10 speed auto.

The latest manual is based on aTR6060, not the Chinese transit MT 82

Good luck getting a 460 hp Coyote in an F150 or Ranger

Edited by jpd80