2019 Ford Ranger Speculation thread

Focusing on the positive here, what Ranger will bring to the US will add a point of differentiation to every other mid sized truch offering.

To some, that will be both good and bad but in the end, Ranger has to be different enough in the right way to stand out and be noticed,

it has to have its own personality and not just be a narrow F150, and from driving them over the years, I can honestly say that Ranger

is definitely worth a look and to do proper justice, a drive to get to really know it...

Don't let yoursel be put off by features like Sports bars and stickers you personally wouldn't choose, those are packages

for other regions with different regional tastes ifn trucks like this. Focus on what you want to see on the trucks and less

on those sometimes distorted pictures that make the truck look bum up.

Edited by jpd80

The styling is straight out of the 1990s

Australian manufacturers have always had such infrequent design changes that their vehicles always looked a generation behind. Australian vehicles were never intended to be offered to the US market in the first place.

Australian vehicles were produced in much lower volumes where it took much longer to recover developmental costs therefore vehicles stayed in production much longer unchanged. It's no surprise the 90s look seemed new to them while its dated to US. Well, it won't happen anymore since all Australian production has ceased.

GM thought it would be nice to import an existing high performance vehicle with very little investment which the American market might enjoy, but damn their dated styling.

Edited by StangBang

And dragging imported Commodores into the discussion by any measure is an enormous reach.

Ranger is not an Australian vehicle, it's a vehicle sourced for the Australian market and competes with other trucks of similar design.

You guys are starting to blame Australian manufacturing for all the so called "mistakes" you see in the truck,

it's just your good old "Not Invented Here" crap being perpetrated by people who haven't eve driven it.

A lot of the recent styling influence for Ranger actually cam from the later Edge and Escape.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

jpd80....it was a Global vehicle correct....and from what Ive read it pretty much Trumps its worldwide competition....I think personally it will be stellar....

Having driven T6 Ranger for many years, it really annoys to read comparisons to unrelated issues. at GM with imported Commodores.

The Ranger and Mustang have been instrumental in transitioning buyers away for the Falcon motor company,

it's taken a long time to turn heads around and realize that the world is a big place and that Ford gloabal products

can be desirable and sold for surprisingly high prices.

An XLT 4x4 with 3.2 diesel starts for around USD$40,000, the product mix is incredibly high here, they're anything but work trucks

and kind of mirror what's happened with F150 in the US, quite astonishing when you can get a Colorado for about $10k less.

LOL, December here and Holden adverstised 7 year warranty but to comply Commodores, Astra and Colorado sales

had to be completed in December... gues what, all the dealers bought and registered the vehicles with few actual sales.

Two things happened, Massive sales for Holden to end the year and now, $6,500 off $23,990 Astras, dealers have tons

of them - Holden has booked the sales and left dealers to sell all those registered cars...

Another 451 RHD Mustang sales (still '17s) in December making over 15,000 for the full two years of sales - excellent..

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

Focusing on the positive here, what Ranger will bring to the US will add a point of differentiation to every other mid sized truch offering.

To some, that will be both good and bad but in the end, Ranger has to be different enough in the right way to stand out and be noticed,

it has to have its own personality and not just be a narrow F150, and from driving them over the years, I can honestly say that Ranger

is definitely worth a look and to do proper justice, a drive to get to really know it...

Don't let yoursel be put off by features like Sports bars and stickers you personally wouldn't choose, those are packages

for other regions with different regional tastes ifn trucks like this. Focus on what you want to see on the trucks and less

on those sometimes distorted pictures that make the truck look bum up.

It'll be interesting to see how the Ranger affects F-series sales. If many people want a smaller truck, but have had to "settle" for an F-150, will those buyers move to Ranger, and cause F-series numbers to drop? Obviously some buyers may have just gone elsewhere completely (getting something other than the F-150), so Ranger sales can pull from there too.

You mean like the one on the Colorado I mentioned earlier?

1395606440246421800.jpg

That's a factory option?

Looks like it's possible. I seen on the NAIAS website the other day that Ford will be doing a press conference tomorrow (14th) at 4:30pm EST. I got a link here to their press conference schedule. I highly doubt they'll do a conference about the autonomous driving and electrification like they did last year for this time slot. They already did a conference of sorts at a recent CES. So for 45 minutes tomorrow, I'm sure they'll show the Ranger along with other vehicles (Mustang Bullitt, Shelby GT500, etc.???). I'm actually surprised that the Ranger has not been leaked to the media yet besides the one seen in Thailand last week. I'll certainly be looking for articles after midnight in case embargo passes.

https://naias.com/press/press-conference-schedule/

Edited by pffan1990

So we can expect to see the 3.3L V6 as the base engine and the 2.3L EB as the optional engine? Or maybe 2.3L EB is the only engine option at launch with some form of a diesel as late availability.

I'm thinking more like 2.5L non-turbo as base engine and 2.3L EB as the top gas choice. If we do see a V6 EB it will probably be a Raptor only choice and not available at launch.

Tomorrow? I thought it was Monday

Im not going to be able to sleep tonight

I won't be able to sleep either. :) I'm curious as to why you thought it was Monday? I seen few other users here and another Ford forum mention Monday as well. Was there an announcement earlier that Ford was going to have their reveals on Monday? I actually previously thought it would have been today since it's the start of the show and Ford would capitalize on the first day to show the Ranger. But Sunday is fine. The Edge and Edge ST has been announced so that's likely to be shown first on stage at the conference tomorrow. Then likely the two Mustangs I previously mentioned in the prior comment. Possible the updates/refreshed Transit and Transit Connect too. I'm sure Ford would wait and do the Explorer reveal for Chicago or New York since someone here who has inside ties to Ford sources said the Explorer is not going to be shown at NAIAS.