Ford NAIAS 2018

I watched the livestream.

Highlights:

-Edge ST

-Ranger

-Mustang Bullitt

-F-150 Hybrid for 2020

-Mustang Mach 1 - an electrified Mustang for 2020

The Bullitt was "new" but apparently they didn't learn the lesson from last year.

They show this video that gets you really excited for the surprise debut of the F-150 hybrid and the Mach 1 electrified Mustang........and then say "it's too early for that right now" but hey, it's coming!

Mach 1 is a separate vehicle - High Performance BEV SUV.

https://twitter.com/mrlevine/status/952662214674141184

Oh, I misunderstood it then! That's exciting. Dammit Ford. I was set on a Bronco, now they have to go show off an Edge ST and tease us with this Mach 1 SUV thing.

That's why they had Mustang and Explorer pull into the garage together.

It was confusing as they transitioned from the Mustang Hybrid to the Mach 1.

I didn't realize they mentioned Mustang Hybrid. Guess that's what happens when I was washing the car and watching at the same time - missed the details....

F-150 hybrid will probably coincide with the redesign, thus no pictures or video of it.

Oh, I guess that makes sense. So refresh for 2018, redesign for 2020? Wow.

Didn't they say 2019 for the F150 Hybrid?

RMC - You're not the only one who was confused about the Mach 1, they could have transitioned better.

I'm pretty sure he said 2020.

I admit I wasn't watching closely, so I may've missed details.

The presentation seemed to allude that it was a hybrid of some sort - as they referenced a Mustang sound and then an electric sound, and then played the two together. But then that Mike Levine post makes it seem like it's a pure BEV.

The presentation seemed to allude that it was a hybrid of some sort - as they referenced a Mustang sound and then an electric sound, and then played the two together. But then that Mike Levine post makes it seem like it's a pure BEV.

Confirmed all electric performance SUV by Ford. See the Mach 1 thread:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/64373-mach-1-high-performance-bev-suv-naias-2018/?p=1018952&do=findComment&comment=1018952

There was no Mustang hybrid news. Stop spreading fake news.

Dude, they announced this a week ago.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2017/01/03/ford-adding-electrified-f-150-mustang-transit-by-2020.html

A hybrid version of the iconic Mustang that will deliver V8 power and even more low-end torque. The Mustang Hybrid, built at the Flat Rock Plant, debuts in 2020 and will be available in the North America to start

• Like 1

My apologies, If they talked about Mustang Hybrid during the press conference I missed it. Thanks for the link Anthony. I agree with the idea of announcing product but 2-3 years out doesnt make much sense unless you show something at least in concept form. Especially when competitors are showing real/working products for the future.

If I recall correctly it went F150 Hybrid>Mustang Hybrid>Mach 1, which is why people got confused about what the Mach 1 was.

That explains the confusion I had. So they WERE talking about a Mustang hybrid when they did the V8 sound plus electric sound. That makes a lot more sense.