Ford NAIAS 2018

What's clear is that Ford needs needs a new marketing and social media department! This is 2 years in a row that the are fumbling NAIAS. Terrible!!!!! Their message is so confusing and people are left wondering WTF just happened. Everyone left there shaking their head so much so that Mike Levine has to clarify on twitter what they were meaning to say. Just garbage, pure utter trash. Don't talk about something you can't show as it takes away from what you are showing. Please don't be Tesla because all you do is set yourself up to fail, if anything pushes back the date. Such fools and I am embarrassed for Ford.

Don't even get me started on the Mach 1 name.

• Like 1

What's clear is that Ford needs needs a new marketing and social media department! This is 2 years in a row that the are fumbling NAIAS. Terrible!!!!! Their message is so confusing and people are left wondering WTF just happened. Everyone left there shaking their head so much so that Mike Levine has to clarify on twitter what they were meaning to say. Just garbage, pure utter trash. Don't talk about something you can't show as it takes away from what you are showing. Please don't be Tesla because all you do is set yourself up to fail, if anything pushes back the date. Such fools and I am embarrassed for Ford.

Don't even get me started on the Mach 1 name.

They need to hire freddy mercury..he could work the crowd like no other...id bring in the allman brothers for the lincoln display and add a little melissa manchester showing for the new ranger...yea that marketing team would not give us this bs ford has foisted upon us for several years..cannot agree more with your post

They need to hire freddy mercury..he could work the crowd like no other...id bring in the allman brothers for the lincoln display and add a little melissa manchester showing for the new ranger...yea that marketing team would not give us this bs ford has foisted upon us for several years..cannot agree more with your post

So I watched their presentation in the entirety and it wasn't as bad I had read and seen. The three product rollouts were fine. Their speaking of the future needs to be vague, especially if you can't give much detail on product and/or it is too far out. This whole Mach 1 part should have not been in there in my opinion.

It seems that there were things said to reporters after their presentation that confused a lot of writers. That is why some articles had various updates and I think that is why Mike Levine got involved on twitter to clarify things before things got out of hand.

So weve seen the edge, ranger, and Bullitt from naias and the nautalius and mkc a few weeks ago. What if anything is left for Chicago and New York?

They usually use New York for Lincoln debuts. Based on recent history I would think we will see a concept version of the Aviator there this year, concept being used loosely since its going to be very close to the production version.

They usually use New York for Lincoln debuts. Based on recent history I would think we will see a concept version of the Aviator there this year, concept being used loosely since its going to be very close to the production version.

I agree on that...but here are upcoming products that need to find homes?

Bronco-I'm assuming we'll see the production vehicle at next years NAIAS and we won't see a concept this year

2019 Focus-Some European Autoshow, since that its is primary market now

2020 (?) Escape Refresh- LA Auto Show this year

Transit Connect or Transit updates-No Clue-Maybe the Texas Truck show thing?

GT500-Maybe Chicago-since old SVT products where being shown there

2019 Fiesta-Did that ever get an auto show? I know the car has been shown off by Ford.

Bronco-I'm assuming we'll see the production vehicle at next years NAIAS and we won't see a concept this year

Agree. Maybe if they want to be bold for once, LA. Will probably come down to when it launches, whether its 2019 or 2020.

the last few times its been shown in Geneva I think but I wouldnt rule out Paris either.

oh god, another escape refresh? Just what it needs, more lipstick instead of fixing any real flaws *cough* back seat *caugh*

??‍♂

Im really surprised they didnt show it yesterday. I know theres still a few things theyre working on with it but AFAIK nothing that would have kept them from showing it.

2019 Fiesta-Did that ever get an auto show? I know the car has been shown off by Ford.

Well since thats apparently a thing, I dont think we are getting the new one that other markets are getting.

oh god, another escape refresh? Just what it needs, more lipstick instead of fixing any real flaws *cough* back seat *caugh*

Well its not getting a new platform either...its getting a massaged one that should be lengthened a bit. I'm thinking S197 to S550 changes-big changes, but not a completely new car

So weve seen the edge, ranger, and Bullitt from naias and the nautalius and mkc a few weeks ago. What if anything is left for Chicago and New York?

One of them will probably have Explorer or Aviator

And if Ford reveals Focus at Geneva, then maybe the North American debut will be at one of those show as well.

So I watched their presentation in the entirety and it wasn't as bad I had read and seen. The three product rollouts were fine. Their speaking of the future needs to be vague, especially if you can't give much detail on product and/or it is too far out. This whole Mach 1 part should have not been in there in my opinion.

It seems that there were things said to reporters after their presentation that confused a lot of writers. That is why some articles had various updates and I think that is why Mike Levine got involved on twitter to clarify things before things got out of hand.

Yeah, it was better than last year's presentation, as they showed off what was expected, and then a bit more, whereas last year they didn't show what was expected (only the refreshed F-150, and not the all new Expy, Mustang refresh), and only said "coming soon" with Ranger and Bronco. This year's "coming soon" were at least more exciting, though confusing.

No, I don't think we'll see anything until the production model

Probably Geneva

It'll be all new, not a refresh. Same with MKC's replacement

No idea.

I thought it was going to be a surprise a NAIAS, but guess not.

I don't think we're getting the new Fiesta, unfortunately. I think it looks great too.

I'm pretty sure we'll see an Aviator "concept" at one of the remaining shows, otherwise they wouldn't have debuted both MKC and Nautilus at the same show.

Are we still expecting an Explorer concept this year?

I think not, unless they surprise us. Aviator - yes, Explorer, no.

I thought Explorer was coming before Aviator.

Doesn't mean we won't see a production concept of the Aviator first.

From what Fuzzy has been saying the new Explorer is just an evolution of the current model styling wise and showing the Lincoln off first would build more interest IMO.

Doesn't mean we won't see a production concept of the Aviator first.

From what Fuzzy has been saying the new Explorer is just an evolution of the current model styling wise and showing the Lincoln off first would build more interest IMO.

Im just making that assumption based on what I know the Aviator to look like. I have seen nothing of the Explorer.

• 2 weeks later...

I went yesterday to the autoshow. I was a bit underwhelmed not only Ford but by the whole thing in general. Ford's display had way too many trucks. The whole upper level was filled with trucks. I mean, I get it trucks are popular but I thought that was overkill. I did like the Bullit display. As well as the Ford Performance display. Lincoln was very basic and I didn't see an owners lounge like they have had in the past.

Overall, it seems like some of the glitz and over the top displays that were there in the past were replace by average display of cars. Sure there were some VR stations but overall kinda boring. Porshce, Ferrari, Lambo, Tesla, and Buggati weren't there either so that was a bummer too.

• Like 1