Ford NAIAS 2018

God forbid people interact with other human beings.

Ha! I have been going on and off since I was about 12. I love going to get an up close look of the cars (see and feel them) without having a salesman right there. Plus seeing what all the manufactures have and looking at the trends. The over the top displays were nice too. I did like it when Lincoln had their owners lounge. I got a free espresso and moleskine, relaxed a bit with my lady before hitting the rest of the show. It's a shame if they don't continue these grand shows. Toyota's display was huge but rather disappointing. When you are showing your dealer installed floor mats and accessories, you are doing it wrong.

Ford and other mfrs have figured out that fancy car shows don't sell vehicles any more.

Porsche and a few other brands pulled out of the Atlanta auto show completely a few years ago.

LA, Detroit, Chicago and New York are primarily press events now.

Have you been to Chicago? Its veru well attended by the public and several manufacturers (FIAT [multi brands] and Toyota at least) have indoor tracks/off-road courses. Its the largest Autoshow, but does not get a ton of Press. Ford hasnt done much at Chicago in recent years, but others do.

Have you been to Chicago? Its veru well attended by the public and several manufacturers (FIAT [multi brands] and Toyota at least) have indoor tracks/off-road courses. Its the largest Autoshow, but does not get a ton of Press. Ford hasnt done much at Chicago in recent years, but others do.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to imply that all auto shows are just press events, but I don’t believe that the mfrs displays or lack thereof at auto shows has any meaningful impact on sales.

Ford and other mfrs have figured out that fancy car shows don't sell vehicles any more.

Porsche and a few other brands pulled out of the Atlanta auto show completely a few years ago.

LA, Detroit, Chicago and New York are primarily press events now.

In New England, many luxury manufacturers followed BMW's no show last year. Only Audi, Porsche, Lexus, Infiniti and Lincoln were there. No BMW, Caddy, MB, Jaguar/Land rover, or Alfa. Ford's display was terrible and the most luxurious thing GM had there was Buick.