Ford Uninvited TFL From The Upcoming 2021 Ford F-150 & Bronco Reveals

4 hours ago, tbone said:

If anything, it benefited Ford and generated more interest.  And from and intellectual property standpoint, the competition wouldn’t be able to respond to it in such a short period of time. 

With that said, if they were politely asked to take them down. as previously mentioned, and they didn’t, that would be another story and worthy of a ban. 

The truth is usually somewhere in the middle I suspect. 

Those pics of the technical stuff also steal some thunder from the official reveal

I know they were hoping to keep quiet on Sway bar disconnect details but fortunately

there are still some secrets / surprises that remain with soft top actuation and engines.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, akirby said:

Those were taken by a drone in public.  Huge difference.

just curious-one of my boys  sent me a text this AM, showed yellow  2 door with a red Sport in rear and what looked like a white Ranger and a black Ranger.  Obvious drone shot..this one of the "violations"?

23 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

just curious-one of my boys  sent me a text this AM, showed yellow  2 door with a red Sport in rear and what looked like a white Ranger and a black Ranger.  Obvious drone shot..this one of the "violations"?

No.  

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/leaked-pics-ifs-7spd-manual-shifter-w-crawler-gear-sway-bar-disconnect-top-latch-ecoboost-engine-aux-switches-front-rear-lockers.1388/

55 minutes ago, akirby said:
Hi Tommy,

Let me start out by saying that I really enjoy the content that you guys put out. As someone who was born and raised in Colorado, I love seeing vehicles being tested on roads and trails that I grew up enjoying.

I now work as an engineer for Ford in Michigan, which I love. I plan on buying a Bronco at some point, so I've been lurking on these forums for a while. I decided to join recently with the talk of pineapple pizza stickers haha.

Anyways, I wanted speak up with some information that I heard today. In a town hall meeting, several employees asked why TFL had been uninvited from the reveals. It was mentioned that you guys have a large audience and focus a lot on off-roading, so it seemed like uninviting you guys could be a poor choice.

We were told that you were asked to remove the photos and video, but refused to do so. Is that true? If so, I think Ford has every right to uninvite you guys if you refused to take down the photos after being asked nicely.

Additionally, we were told that you have been given special privileges from Ford in the past, including use of Ford's Arizona Proving Grounds, early media access to the 2020 Super Duty, etc. They felt that this was a breach of trust after establishing a good relationship with you guys.

Sorry everyone, that was a really long-winded first post. Hahaha

This makes a lot of sense!! Again I’m obviously looking at it from the outside. But this is precisely why I wasn’t jumping on the defend TFL bandwagon.

Maybe there was a miscommunication in asking for the removal of the video? Who knows at this point. But sounds like there’s more to the story.
  • Like 2

Tommy's response:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/leaked-pics-ifs-7spd-manual-shifter-w-crawler-gear-sway-bar-disconnect-top-latch-ecoboost-engine-aux-switches-front-rear-lockers.1388/post-43580

"Hi there!

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for reaching out. We were never asked by any representative of Ford to take down or remove the pictures or video. We completely understand Ford's sentiment that we "breached" the relationship. But I think it is important to note our job is not to act as Ford PR. We feel like if Ford wanted to send a message they could have un-invited from the Bronco unveiling. However, the company also chose to un-invite us from the F-150, cancel access to ford press fleet vehicles, and pull a truck that was to be used to do a story on a Ford vendor. This seems like an especially strong message to send to a company that has owned and promoted several ford vehicles throughout our 10 years of operation.

We appreciate the insight.
-Tommy"

• Like 1

Well, well, well, Ford saying they asked TFL to take down pictures and TFL saying they received no such message.

Maybe whoever was charged with that duty did not follow through, I think TFL should reach out to Ford and seek

confirmation that the email was sent and to the right address.

• Like 1

If Ford is punishing them so severely, it makes ZERO sense that Ford would not have reached out to them and request they take them down.  

Clearly Ford is pissed off and they would not just be silent towards TFL.  I believe Ford in this case over TFL.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

If Ford is punishing them so severely, it makes ZERO sense that Ford would not have reached out to them and request they take them down.  

Clearly Ford is pissed off and they would not just be silent towards TFL.  I believe Ford in this case over TFL.

Yeah I'd give them the benefit of the doubt at first, but if they ignore you, throw the book at them. 

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Yeah I'd give them the benefit of the doubt at first, but if they ignore you, throw the book at them. 

But what if no one at Ford actually sent them an email?

Could several people at Ford just assumed that the other had sent TFL an email?

Let's look at it a different way, if they are uninvited, why not take them down once they got uninvited as a sign of good will since they know once the uninvited came, Ford is pissed they published them.

No, of course not, let's keep them up on their site because it draws clicks and advertisement.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tbone said:

How about Ford publish a copy of the email or communication sent and be done with it.  Then people will know the truth.  As I mentioned before, the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.  

Ford doesn’t need to prove anything.  Its obvious what happened.  

Can someone give me the TLDR?

Was TLF given early access to the Bronco and published those pictures in violation of a Non-disclosure? Or did they BREAK into or sneak into an otherwise unlocked bronco and take those photos? 

Freedom of the press all day, but you can't go into someones car or house uninvited, and those photos were from INSIDE.

34 minutes ago, probowler said:

Can someone give me the TLDR?

Was TLF given early access to the Bronco and published those pictures in violation of a Non-disclosure? Or did they BREAK into or sneak into an otherwise unlocked bronco and take those photos? 

Freedom of the press all day, but you can't go into someones car or house uninvited, and those photos were from INSIDE.

They claim they received them from a "source".

5 hours ago, MY93SHO said:

They claim they received them from a "source".

Which suggests an insider breach, I can see how Ford would see this as a betrayal of trust and privilege.

the best thing TFL can do now is pick up the phone and start talking to their Ford contacts about how

they starrt repairing the relationship and most importantly trust.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2