How Long Vehicles Stay On Dealer Lots

Blue Oval Guide

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

Ford built 25,000 Escapes last month, they better start selling them.

On the OP topic, 

The analysis is restricted to just 4.8 million "cars" over MY19-MY21, total vehicle sales in that period is ten times the number.

So while it paints a picture looking in one direction, the reality of vehicles turning on lots  is quite different.

I think the Escape will find its sales equilibrium soon when fleet sales are better, and the plugin makes its appearance. Also, Ford will offer some appearance packages and better wheels for the SE. While it won't sell as well as previous Escapes, it won't have to with the Sport. The hybrids are its ace in the hole and much more towing capacity than the Sport.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

The hybrids are its ace in the hole

Yes sir FordBuyer. Among the three compact non-luxury crossover models in the U.S. market that offer a regular hybrid version (RAV4, CR-V, and Escape), Escape is the one in which the hybrid powertrain option is most compelling.

Hopefully Ford will be able to ramp up production of the SE Sport Hybrid model. My salesman at Autonation Ford said that demand outstrips supply on those.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

As I stated before-it's the styling. Those on here can make excuses all day long-but that thing isn't selling because of the way it looks.

It actually looks very nice, it just doesn't look like everything else in the class (which all look much alike).

2 hours ago, Kev-Mo said:

It actually looks very nice, it just doesn't look like everything else in the class (which all look much alike).

Yes. And I think that's part of the issue. If you look at the previous two generations of the Escape-it doesn't have "that look".

It's hard to explain.....but because it doesn't look like anything else -the redesign is being rejected. I do believe the hybrid version will breath some life in to it-but those sales will be minuscule compared to the competition (non-hybrid).

29 minutes ago, CKNSLS said:

Yes. And I think that's part of the issue. If you look at the previous two generations of the Escape-it doesn't have "that look".

It's hard to explain.....but because it doesn't look like anything else -the redesign is being rejected. I do believe the hybrid version will breath some life in to it-but those sales will be minuscule compared to the competition (non-hybrid).

Simple solution;  Make the very same Escape look Asian with all those angles and body creases...if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.   Give the consumer what they want - to look like everyone else.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

Simple solution;  Make the very same Escape look Asian with all those angles and body creases...if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.   Give the consumer what they want - to look like everyone else.

As it is right now-IMHO it has more in common with the "Oval Taurus" of 1995 to 1999 than anything else. And we know how it went for those.........

Edited by CKNSLS
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

Simple solution;  Make the very same Escape look Asian with all those angles and body creases...if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Chinese version of new Ford Escape has more of those styling elements compared to the American version. Some people on this forum said they prefer the styling of the Chinese version.

exterior-overlay-1.jpg

4 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Chinese version of new Ford Escape has more of those styling elements compared to the American version. Some people on this forum said they prefer the styling of the Chinese version.

exterior-overlay-1.jpg

Yes-I prefer this as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rperez817 said:

exterior-overlay-1.jpg

oh my gosh - it’s like a completely different vehicle!

Not.

92E2EA29-43AC-4E92-86A8-B2E996B06BBA.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rperez817 said:

From the stuff I see that presents itself on Amazon when I do a generic product search - It seems American Consumers like the Chinese version of every single thing they buy...

What it boils down to is the new Escape photographs horribly (miss the subtle details in the sheetmetal) and doesn't look that great in black (at least when I saw it) in person. 

It looks overall fine in other colors and I keep seeing more and more of them every day.

People bitched about the Explorers styling and its doing fine and increasing sales...at least over its horrible launch. 

People are far too quick to pick any new releases apart by Ford...deserved or not. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

What it boils down to is the new Escape photographs horribly (miss the subtle details in the sheetmetal) and doesn't look that great in black (at least when I saw it) in person. 

It looks overall fine in other colors and I keep seeing more and more of them every day.

People bitched about the Explorers styling and its doing fine and increasing sales...at least over its horrible launch. 

People are far too quick to pick any new releases apart by Ford...deserved or not. 

I've read and seen many Escape and Explorer reviews, and most of them praise the exterior and criticize the interior materials. While I don't agree on the low and midtrim interiors, Ford needs to up the ante on the higher trims and hide the hard plastic better on the lower trim levels. Also the instrument panel on the Escape SE needs to be improved on the refresh. Do that and both vehicles will do better when reviewed and do better when cross shopped. Both the Escape and Exploer are very good vehicles

On 9/1/2020 at 1:12 AM, FordBuyer said:

I've read and seen many Escape and Explorer reviews, and most of them praise the exterior and criticize the interior materials. While I don't agree on the low and midtrim interiors, Ford needs to up the ante on the higher trims and hide the hard plastic better on the lower trim levels. Also the instrument panel on the Escape SE needs to be improved on the refresh. Do that and both vehicles will do better when reviewed and do better when cross shopped. Both the Escape and Exploer are very good vehicles

The reason Ford doesn't do more with Titanium or Platinum trim levels is exactly because Lincoln needs that product headroom.

I get the notion of premium level Escape and Explorer but know that they would savage Lincoln sales, probably are as we speak.