2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

I have been calling the Ford marketing number occasionally over the past few months. There used to be a myriad of selectable menu options for each model. Now when you call in, it requests you to state your reason for calling and then get stuck in the queue. Obviously they are getting over run with phone calls because the dealers are not taking care of their customers. I think patience is the best thing, and would trust if your dealer has input everything correctly, meaning if you got the initial order verification email from Ford. Then there should be follow on emails from Ford on when the vehicle is scheduled, in production and finally pending delivery. I just hope to have mine somewhere close to when we get our RV that has also seen delays.

On 8/14/2021 at 12:09 AM, Latebraking said:

On 5/27, I ordered a f350 srw lariat, fx4 godzilla with a majority of the available features. Adaptive steering is on the order sheet. No moonroof, though. Originally scheduled for 9/20, it got changed to 9/13. Today, another scheduling update email arrived, changing the build date to 10/25.

Grrrrr.

That's a tough one to swallow.  I ordered 5/8 and just got the build date of 9/27.  hope it doesn't get any worse. 

On 8/14/2021 at 1:09 AM, Latebraking said:

On 5/27, I ordered a f350 srw lariat, fx4 godzilla with a majority of the available features. Adaptive steering is on the order sheet. No moonroof, though. Originally scheduled for 9/20, it got changed to 9/13. Today, another scheduling update email arrived, changing the build date to 10/25.

Grrrrr.

It seems that alot of us got the same email. my built week has been changed 4 time already with the latest of 10/25 like your self. Also have AS so not sure if that's what keeps getting it pushed back. Dealer cant give me a straight answer

F250 Platinum Tremor 

ordered June 1st

Ice-capades posted this a few minutes ago regarding adaptive steering in the weekly scheduling notes thread:

• 22MY Super Duty with Adaptive Steering -   Until further notice, we will not be scheduling the following 22MY Super Duty configurations:
    • Lariat With Adaptive Steering (60A) (including Lariat Tremor equipped with Adaptive Steering)
    • Platinum With Adaptive Steering (60A) (including Platinum Tremor equipped with Adaptive Steering)
    • Limited
Edited by 1TonOFun

1 hour ago, desperado said:

What the ????  What gives?  They haven't scheduled trucks with AS for almost 2 months (except for a couple King Ranch).  They ought to at least let those of us with the Limited trim delete the AS.

My dealer told me Ford is only scheduling AS on King Ranch trucks.  No explanation why.

My F250 KR Ultimate CCLB with AS was built last week and ready for shipment......no issues. Ordered in May.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrWick said:

My dealer told me Ford is only scheduling AS on King Ranch trucks.  No explanation why.

My F250 KR Ultimate CCLB with AS was built last week and ready for shipment......no issues. Ordered in May.

Yeah, and I can't figure out what difference it makes in a KR vs Platinum, Lariat & Limited.  ?

1 hour ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

Lol....more first world problems...

They really are. But you know what, for some of us, this is a community of people we feel open sharing frustration with, because we think they will understand, maybe share a moment with us, and allow us to escape. Then we leave here and go back to our very serious lives where we spend all day thinking about saving lives, defending lives, building infrastructure, whatever. Yeah, tomorrow when I step back into the clinic it’s back to real life problems and death, but for today, I’m gonna read about all your new builds and bitch about mine being delayed just a bit. 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, BrickHouse said:

They really are. But you know what, for some of us, this is a community of people we feel open sharing frustration with, because we think they will understand, maybe share a moment with us, and allow us to escape. Then we leave here and go back to our very serious lives where we spend all day thinking about saving lives, defending lives, building infrastructure, whatever. Yeah, tomorrow when I step back into the clinic it’s back to real life problems and death, but for today, I’m gonna read about all your new builds and bitch about mine being delayed just a bit. 

Amen! 

1 hour ago, BrickHouse said:

Agreed!!! more than you know. LOL

Me...pushed 6-7 days a week  always (right now 7 days for 6 weeks), work late 2-3 out of those 6-7. Kids growing up while I am at work, wife feels neglected, 500 projects to so at the house finish 1 start 2 more, dad just died, no time to help mom, barn roof leaking like Swiss cheese, training a puppy with the IQ equivalent of a walnut. Arghhhh.. Yup, me...first world middle class problems.?

So...I ordered a new truck which I am really really excited about getting?

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

Me...pushed 6-7 days a week  always (right now 7 days for 6 weeks), work late 2-3 out of those 6-7. Kids growing up while I am at work, wife feels neglected, 500 projects to so at the house finish 1 start 2 more, dad just died, no time to help mom, barn roof leaking like Swiss cheese, training a puppy with the IQ equivalent of a walnut. Arghhhh.. Yup, me...first world middle class problems.?

Keep killin it brother! 

30 minutes ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

I am probably THE LAST PERSON, that should say this, but nobody laid on their death bed wishing they had worked more hours.

This truck is going to pull a new 5th wheel as we head into retirement,.  I'm somewhere between 7 months and 18 months to retire.  As I get closer and closer to 7 months, it's getting harder and harder.  I don't think I'll make to 18 months.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrickHouse said:

I feel you, just hate it that trucks that were ordered after mine with the same options but have the sunroof added are getting scheduled and mine hasn’t. Let alone King Ranch trim level can get Adaptive Steering but my Platinum Tremor couldn’t even looked at till I removed it and now I got a Vin last week but no build date. Ordered it on 5/15 and the order was placed on 5/17. The dealer I ordered it from is one of the oldest dealership in the world and has been in the same family since it opened I think & sell and stocked a hundred plus vehicles before the chip BS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHForman812 said:

My theory is because the KR has a different colored steering wheel(dark brown), maybe ford had these available?  all the others have a black steering wheel.  this is the only difference i can come up with. 

From another thread re AS only being accepted on KR builds, makes sense but I don’t have any knowledge on the matter. As soon as I deleted it from my order it got scheduled. I also deleted my spray in bed liner. Not because it’s a commodity restriction but because it causes a shipping delay while it is being installed off site.

As far as the upcoming  schedule build week for this Thursday 8/19 goes, my 3/23 ordered F450 was finally scheduled last Thursday for the week of 9/20. Some even received 9/27 weeks last week. Not sure what is going on there…..any thoughts? It will be interesting to see what dates will be filled if any this week.

Good luck to everyone waiting to be scheduled!!!! Fingers crossed

• Like 1