2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Well, 10 days out before build week. Contacted my dealer today about the price protection piece (MSRP went up twice since my order in Oct-21). Talked to the GM, and I will be honest, I genuinely think he had no idea about this. He contacted the Ford Rep for the area, and they ok'd it with a reimbursement to the dealership after the unit is sold to me. This was also ok'd with ford family plan pricing. 

I have a feeling the not so informed buyers, who have ordered a Superduty from the dealership have paid the price increases, some may have questioned the increase, but were put into the hard decision of like it or lose it after waiting 5 months. 

Thanks to @ice-capades for the documentation on these price increases, genuinely appreciate it. 

Best advice for others dealing with a similar dealership is to talk to the GM directly and provide the documents ICE has posted. 

Finally! After 5-1/2 months the salesman called me today and said the truck had been delivered. Right now they are going through the prep work and hopefully in a couple of days they will call to tell me it's ready. Then the fun part of finishing up the deal, doing the paperwork, telling the finance person "I'll price out the menu - let's just get this done!". 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Watson138 said:

Anyone get a delivery recently? Was built 2/1/22 and excitedly awaiting delivery.

45 minutes ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Finally! After 5-1/2 months the salesman called me today and said the truck had been delivered. Right now they are going through the prep work and hopefully in a couple of days they will call to tell me it's ready. Then the fun part of finishing up the deal, doing the paperwork, telling the finance person "I'll price out the menu - let's just get this done!". 

I got the same call today. Ordered July 20. Truck came in today and they are going to detail it and have it ready for pickup Monday. Took long enough. I hope the atlas blue looks good. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Congrats on delivery.

I’m at 8 months next week, without scheduling…Platti Tremor with many constraints…just asked SM to get with Regional Manager to drop Bedliner and move priority from 2 to 1.

36 minutes ago, CaliTex350 said:

My build date has been moved as well. Originally 3/14, now 3/21. Ordered 9/27/21, F350 lariat ultimate, antimatter blue, CCLB, BAP, moonroof, 5th wheel prep, no AS. Still at least 2 Months away from taking ownership, I'm sure.

Originally 3/7, then 3/14, today pushed to 3/21. F-250 CCSB KR 6.7L w/ bedliner and 5th wheel prep

7 hours ago, Joshkbird said:

Hey guys I know it’s been talked about but I’m about to be inpatient and buy a truck off a lot. I just called ford to see my order status from an order placed 12/7/21. And she said it says order processing then provided me with a vin number. Does this mean I’ll be in production soon? Thank you

You can add the console safe and trailer backup camera on any new super duty truck that came with it or not. Your sport appearance package will cost a lot more to add later. If you got a under MSRP price on your order. You probably won't on your truck off the lot. For the amount you pay for the truck off the lot. You can wait for your order and have your sport appearance package, console safe, and trailer backup camera.

On 2/10/2022 at 12:03 PM, posh said:

I thought the last round it took a few days after the 'Thursday' for people to get emails.  Maybe in the next couple days we will see those scheduled today.

So it’s taking a bit longer for ford to get the emails sent out if you have been scheduled? I’ve not been waiting as long as some, but it would be nice to know something since the dealership hasn’t been much help. 

8 hours ago, Joshkbird said:

Hey guys I know it’s been talked about but I’m about to be inpatient and buy a truck off a lot. I just called ford to see my order status from an order placed 12/7/21. And she said it says order processing then provided me with a vin number. Does this mean I’ll be in production soon? Thank you

I ordered a 450 on 11/08/21 and have got nothing but a confirmation email. Did you call the dealership to see what your order status was? I considered canceling mine and going out west to buy one, but can’t justify paying a 15k-20k dollar markup. 

3 hours ago, manko said:

Just got pushed back another week on my F450. Originally scheduled for March 7th. Last Friday got pushed to March 14th.  Today pushed to March 21st.  Always seem to be 5-weeks out ?

Mine was originally 2/7, then 2/14 today  the dreaded e mail 2/21 sucks. 

mine is a F350 lariat DWR  with fifth wheel prep just keeps getting pushed back! 

2 hours ago, Keith'sF-250 said:

Well I joined the club of push backs. Original build date 3/14 Now 3/21

I’m also in the club but maybe this will be the last time, originally 2/4, pushed to 2/14 e mailed today 2/21…. Hopefully this is the last time! 350 DRW lariat, fifth wheel prep, not too much extra. 

10 hours ago, CaliTex350 said:

My build date has been moved as well. Originally 3/14, now 3/21. Ordered 9/27/21, F350 lariat ultimate, antimatter blue, CCLB, BAP, moonroof, 5th wheel prep, no AS. Still at least 2 Months away from taking ownership, I'm sure.

Keep the faith. I ordered 10/4 and woke up to the "Congratulations your truck has been built" email. F250, antimatter blue, Lariat ultimate, tremor, BAP, moonroof, 5th wheel prep, bedliner.

My coffee is going to taste extra good this morning. Waiting for the shipping notice but hope to be driving her home in a couple of weeks. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Fordnovice88 said:

Keep the faith. I ordered 10/4 and woke up to the "Congratulations your truck has been built" email. F250, antimatter blue, Lariat ultimate, tremor, BAP, moonroof, 5th wheel prep, bedliner.

My coffee is going to taste extra good this morning. Waiting for the shipping notice but hope to be driving her home in a couple of weeks. 

What was your built date?? 

12 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

What's the normal turn around between delivered and picking the truck up? Seems like a couple of days is excessive unless you are having the dealer add some items to the truck.

12 hours ago, sjmcken81 said:

Congrats on delivery.

I’m at 8 months next week, without scheduling…Platti Tremor with many constraints…just asked SM to get with Regional Manager to drop Bedliner and move priority from 2 to 1.

That's certainly a long wait. Hang in there. I ordered mine 8/17 and it finally got built 2/1. It's also a platinum Tremor. Ended up dropping spray in liner and 5th wheel prior to getting it picked up.

1 hour ago, winkzoot said:

What's the normal turn around between delivered and picking the truck up? Seems like a couple of days is excessive unless you are having the dealer add some items to the truck.

The PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) only takes about an hour unless there are DIO (Dealer Installed Options) options that need to be installed. Otherwise, the only other time required is that needed to clean and detail the vehicle. Even pre-COVID, it wasn't unusual for a vehicle to arrive at the dealership in the morning and be delivered that afternoon. 

• Like 2