2024 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Has any one have any updated for the 22 -23s roll over that did not get built.??

Mine :  ordered 11/19/2021

F450 King Ranch

No info from the Ford Dealer as to what will take place moving forward.

I do get the 45 day sad letter. You would think that Ford would get a little more personal as time goes on.   

So comming up on 2 years.

Ford step up to the plate please.

Maybe some one can get this to Bill Ford.

That would be super.

4 hours ago, Firedog99t said:

Has any one have any updated for the 22 -23s roll over that did not get built.??

Mine :  ordered 11/19/2021

F450 King Ranch

No info from the Ford Dealer as to what will take place moving forward.

I do get the 45 day sad letter. You would think that Ford would get a little more personal as time goes on.   

So comming up on 2 years.

Ford step up to the plate please.

Maybe some one can get this to Bill Ford.

That would be super.

I never heard anything from Ford about my '23 order; and my dealer ended up putting in a '24 order for me (but didn't say if they'd heard anything either.) If you haven't gotten a '24 order in and you aren't feeling trust in your dealer, probably time to find a different dealer. Mine hasn't been proactively communicative but  they are super responsive when I reach out. If you aren't getting either of those I'd definitely start shopping around. 

I went to check my page for giggles and it did slide out a week. Originally supposed to be 11/6, now it's 11/13 -- I'm surprised I didn't get an email or anything. (I checked last Friday and it was still 11/6, so it looks like rescheduling can happen any day, not just Thursdays.) 

image.png.b164891ae4f6636b599a7ac44ef4cefa.png

22 hours ago, Mylriahd said:

I never heard anything from Ford about my '23 order; and my dealer ended up putting in a '24 order for me (but didn't say if they'd heard anything either.) If you haven't gotten a '24 order in and you aren't feeling trust in your dealer, probably time to find a different dealer. Mine hasn't been proactively communicative but  they are super responsive when I reach out. If you aren't getting either of those I'd definitely start shopping around. 

Verify the data of the order they put in. Do you have the signed DORA? Priority code? You'll get their attention with knowledge and be able to hold them accountable. Also search in the 2022 orders thread. There are a couple email addresses and phone numbers of folks at Ford Corporate that can intervene and help to some degree. People shouldn't EVER accept what the dealer is telling them, I don't, and I have an awesome dealer I work with. Verify everything. I deal with San Tan Ford in Gilbert AZ. SO far, I'll tell you they are TOP NOTCH, know the process perfectly. NO surprises. Matt is my sales guy and is amazing. Tell him Jarrett sent you, he'll probably charge you extra, but the process will be amazing. 

1 hour ago, BobCal said:

Just to add more info to the thread:

My F-250 Lariat - Crew Cab - Long Bed

Order Confirmed:  09/16/2023
Scheduled Week of:  10/30/2023 slipped to: 11/06/2023

We will see.

Bobby C

Any customer with scheduled production dates should expect additional delays due to the UAW strike situation and the impact of supply chain issues affecting production beyond the plants directly targeted. 

I got the confirmation for an F250 Platinum on a Oct 16 build .Ordered it July 20. Got an email yesterday stating now has changed to Nov 16. In the vin does anyone know what digit for where the truck is built. Michigan or Kentucky. Thanks in advance. 

15 minutes ago, C3MAN said:

I got the confirmation for an F250 Platinum on a Oct 16 build .Ordered it July 20. Got an email yesterday stating now has changed to Nov 16. In the vin does anyone know what digit for where the truck is built. Michigan or Kentucky. Thanks in advance. 

Unfortunately for you, All SuperDuty Trucks are assembled in Louisville, Ky. :drop:

On 10/11/2023 at 6:56 PM, waloud said:

KTP walked out at 6:30 today on strike.  Not sure how many 24s were built before the strike.  

This is such a mess. After reading more data than I cared to about this strike, this thing could go on for a long time and cause some permanent damage to the American Automakers. The two sides are just too far apart at a time the industry is still crippled from the pandemic,  and US economy is heading for some serious trouble. This could get interesting. 

On 10/18/2023 at 2:27 PM, jarrsong said:

This is such a mess. After reading more data than I cared to about this strike, this thing could go on for a long time and cause some permanent damage to the American Automakers. The two sides are just too far apart at a time the industry is still crippled from the pandemic,  and US economy is heading for some serious trouble. This could get interesting. 

I just went and made some changes with my dealer on my 2024 King Ranch 450 build.  I am glad I have this 2023 KR I was able to source so I know better what I like and don’t like.  It doesn’t affect my build as they are on strike and it never has been picked up yet?

I deleted the sunroof, added the slide in camper certificate, added rapid supplemental heat and did not add engine heater.  I did not reorder the H.O. Engine as I planned.  There really isn’t that noticeable of a difference from driving one.  I’m sure some love it and I would too, but is it really worth 2500?  I’m still on the fence on that.

I also changed paint from the Oxford bright white to the Metallic Star white. I deleted the $780 retractable bed step.  I’ve seen one on a truck and I’m not a fan.  The last change I made was a carpet delete with the all weather mats.  

I’m a job #1 order with a priority code of 3. Hopefully this will be picked up if these guys get back to work.

Edited by Big_Daddy
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Big_Daddy said:

I just went and made some changes with my dealer on my 2024 King Ranch 450 build.  I am glad I have this 2023 KR I was able to source so I know better what I like and don’t like.  It doesn’t affect my build as they are on strike and it never has been picked up yet?

I deleted the sunroof, added the slide in camper certificate, added rapid supplemental heat and did not add engine heater.  I did not reorder the H.O. Engine as I planned.  There really isn’t that noticeable of a difference from driving one.  I’m sure some love it and I would too, but is it really worth 2500?  I’m still on the fence on that.

I also changed paint from the Oxford bright white to the Metallic Star white. I deleted the $780 retractable bed step.  I’ve seen one on a truck and I’m not a fan.  The last change I made was a carpet delete with the all weather mats.  

I’m a job #1 order with a priority code of 3. Hopefully this will be picked up if these guys get back to work.

Excellent! Sounds like the strike MAY be over from "headlines" last night. I don't think any votes have been taken though. Haven't had time to look today. 

3 hours ago, Big_Daddy said:

That is nice to be able to get a taste of some of the features and have a "do-over". I have the sunroof in my F150 and am absolutely keeping it for my F350, however I live in the PNW and it's the only light I get most of the year. It stays shuttered through most of July & August here, so I could see deleting it if I lived somewhere that was perpetually sunny. 

The news I was reading said they were told they can go back to their jobs while the votes were collected as it was expected to be approved. Maybe that was just hopeful reading. :) My build date has slipped 1 week since before the strike started, but I also assume they haven't done a refactor yet and come up with new dates post strike. So we'll see...

For anyone with a VIN waiting, it looks like they are starting to refactor build dates after the strike. Mine slide out 2 more weeks and isn't scheduled till the week of 12/4 now. That's not surprising at all; if things go well it won't slide any further and maybe I'll have a Glacier Gray Christmas.