Ford Introducing In-Vehicle Customer Feedback Tool

Ford Introducing In-Vehicle Customer Feedback Tool

Ford said its engineers receive the comments that people share through the feature

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/ford-introducing-in-vehicle-customer-feedback-tool

FoxBusiness.com_2023-11-15_Record Feedback Feature.jpg

Ford is bringing a new feature to its vehicles that enables customers to give instantaneous feedback to the Michigan-based automaker. 

The company added the feature, dubbed "Record Feedback," to roughly 300,000 vehicles so far. Vehicles in the U.S. that already have it include select model years of the 2021-2023 Mustang Mach-E, 2022-2023 F-150 Lightning, 2022-2024 Expedition, 2021-2024 Edge and 2024 Navigator, Ford said.

When activated, it works by recording and relaying whatever feedback a customer has chosen to express verbally to Ford while also pulling certain vehicle-related data, the company said. Owners can initiate it via a button on the onboard screen in the car.

Ford has plans for further expansion of "Record Feedback" next year. People with 2023 vehicles, spanning 11 Ford and Lincoln lines and many 2024 model year cars coming off the factory lines, will start having the technology incorporated then, the company said. 

The company said "Record Feedback" has already come in handy for solving an issue experienced by a Ford owner. Commentary from a user and accompanying data contributed to Ford quickly fixing an update-related glitch that had "caused Apple phones to disconnect the pairing list" for accessing a car via mobile phone. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

47 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

this can be a good idea, but I'm sure folks will be like "I want the cupholder 3" to the left".

Nailed it.

It looks like anyone with Sync 4 and up. I'll look for that feature in the updates.

Edited by Hugh

1 hour ago, Hugh said:

Nailed it.

It looks like anyone with Sync 4 and up. I'll look for that feature in the updates.

Conversely - it can be a good tool if folks say "feature X is buried in too many sub-menus" and they get a few thousand of the same thing so they change it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I sincerely question utilizing the word "instantaneous" in the literature....not going to happen.....you get 50 people at once all inputting their ideas for improvement, then what...uou got 50 live people at  the other end?...

Okay... "instantaneous" is misleading. However, the feedback is not a live conversation, it's a feedback message the customer records that is submitted to Ford.

• When activated, it works by recording and relaying whatever feedback a customer has chosen to express verbally to Ford while also pulling certain vehicle-related data, the company said. Owners can initiate it via a button on the onboard screen in the car.
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Okay... "instantaneous" is misleading. However, the feedback is not a live conversation, it's a feedback message the customer records that is submitted to Ford.

• When activated, it works by recording and relaying whatever feedback a customer has chosen to express verbally to Ford while also pulling certain vehicle-related data, the company said. Owners can initiate it via a button on the onboard screen in the car.

lol..nothing like adding potentially even more driver distration......hopefully they will have to be parked.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, akirby said:

As a developer I always liked getting feedback from users.  Doesn’t mean you have to do anything with it but sometimes you get a good suggestion.

I’ve had my fair share of “why didn’t I think of that” moments.  Developers and end users can have very different perspectives. 

1 hour ago, CurtisH said:

I’ve had my fair share of “why didn’t I think of that” moments.  Developers and end users can have very different perspectives. 

Yeah or the end user just wants to do something the same way because they've always done that, when it just boils down to them putting a piece of paper in a filing cabinet that is never looked at again!

Early in my career we built a centralized database that gave a consolidated view of 300 local ticket databases.  At any point in time there were a few thousand open tickets.  We kept asking the users how they wanted to sort and filter the tickets and they just kept saying we want all of them.  I showed them if we gave them one big list of tickets, 20 per page, it would take them an hour just to page through them all.  Turns out they had no idea how they were going to manage these centralized tickets yet so they didn’t want to limit themselves.  The result was unusable until they finally came up with filtering and sorting options.

• Like 2