Ford Bronco Now Eligible For X-Plan Pricing

Ford Bronco Now Eligible For X-Plan Pricing

https://fordauthority.com/2024/01/ford-bronco-now-eligible-for-x-plan-pricing/

FordAuthority.com_2024-01-12_2024 Bronco.jpg

As is the case with many new or in-demand Blue Oval products, the sixth-generation Ford Bronco was not available with X-Plan pricing or any sort of discounts when it launched in 2020 for the 2021 model year, and continued strong demand for the reborn SUV – coupled with production challenges – means that it hasn’t been since then, either. However, things have changed – as they usually do in the automotive world – and with supply finally catching up with demand, the Ford Bronco is now eligible for X-Plan pricing, according to Bronco Nation.

X-Plan pricing has historically been available to customers that aren’t Ford employees, but folks that are extended family, friends, or suppliers. However, the Ford Bronco – like many other popular models – has thus far been excluded from that privilege, which is also the case with A-Plan (Ford employees and their immediate family members), Z-Plan (retired Ford employees and surviving spouses), and
D-Plan (Ford dealership employees and eligible family members) pricing as well, at least on special variants like the First Edition, Heritage Limited Edition, and Raptor.

For now, however, the details pertaining to this eligibility remain a bit murky, it seems. Bronco Nation didn’t verify if the aforementioned variants are eligible for X-Plan pricing or not, and the official Bronco FAQ page hasn’t yet been updated to reflect this change. Dealers are also awaiting documentation outlining these details, too.

In any event, it’s certainly possible that eligible shoppers could save some money with X-Plan pricing on the Ford Bronco. In other cases, X-Plan pricing is a pre-determined amount based on dealer invoices or A-Plan pricing, and in some cases, eligible buyers can get A-Plan pricing plus a four percent discount, albeit with an added $150 admin fee.

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

I thought this was interesting when I read it. I was trying to interpret what it meant and respect to sales. Is this an indication of softening demand? I am personally reluctant to buy a Bronco based on their current pricing.

1 hour ago, tbone said:

I thought that was ridiculous and unfortunate.

Yeah that is one of the reasons why I bought Ford Stock. I could get A plan pricing but due to a falling out with my dad, I don't ask for it and he won't be around forever either. 

20 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Yeah that is one of the reasons why I bought Ford Stock. I could get A plan pricing but due to a falling out with my dad, I don't ask for it and he won't be around forever either. 

Im sorry to hear that about your Dad.  Hopefully you can repair that relationship at some point.  

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

Bought most of my Ford holdings for less than $2 share back in the "Great Recession", been gradually selling it off for 5+ times that.

Those were my first trades with a few extra bucks in college. Made 10x on Ford when I sold, lost it all with GM - but I only put 100 bucks or so on each because that's all I had. Average buy in for Ford currently is 6.87/share, so still up and have it set to reinvest the dividends so will probably just let it ride.

On 1/13/2024 at 3:25 PM, silvrsvt said:

I bought some too both to have it and for this purpose.  I didn't realize it was going away for shareholders either.

Oh well - I'll still hold onto my stock - I have the dividends set to re-invest anyway.

• Like 1

Some Ford Bronco Models Ineligible For X-Plan Pricing

https://fordauthority.com/2024/01/some-ford-bronco-models-ineligible-for-x-plan-pricing/

FordAuthority.com_2024-01-17_2024 Bronco Raptor.jpg

As is the case with many new or in-demand Blue Oval products, the sixth-generation Ford Bronco was not available with X-Plan pricing or any sort of discounts when it launched in 2020 for the 2021 model year, and continued strong demand for the reborn SUV – coupled with production challenges – means that it hasn’t been since then, either. Things have changed in recent months, and with supply finally catching up with demand, the Ford Bronco is now eligible for X-Plan pricing, as Ford Authority reported last week, which is also now the case for the Ford F-150 Lightning. However, not all Ford Bronco models are eligible for this discount.

Both the Ford Bronco Raptor and Ford Bronco Heritage Limited Edition – as well as the Ford Bronco Sport Heritage Limited Edition – remain ineligible for X-Plan pricing, which isn’t a huge surprise. After all, the Ford F-150 Raptor has long been left out of this camp, and the Heritage Limited Edition is a niche product with a small production run. Regardless, every other Bronco trim is eligible for X-Plan pricing now, making it possible for a select few to receive an additional discount on the popular SUV.

X-Plan – which has historically been available to customers that aren’t Ford employees, but folks that are extended family, friends, or suppliers – is just one of several special pricing plans that FoMoCo offers select customers, including A-Plan (Ford employees and their immediate family members), Z-Plan (retired Ford employees and surviving spouses), and D-Plan (Ford dealership employees and eligible family members).

In any event, it’s certainly possible that eligible shoppers could save some money with X-Plan pricing on the Ford Bronco. In other cases, X-Plan pricing is a pre-determined amount based on dealer invoices or A-Plan pricing, and in some cases, eligible buyers can get A-Plan pricing plus a four percent discount, albeit with an added $150 admin fee.

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

I think a few dealers will also pass on people tryimng to X plan units that are in short supply/ have commodity issues....we now have stock units arriving , NONE, I repeat NONE have the Sasquatch package...which leads me to believe THAT option is a no go for stock inventory