2025 Ford Expedition Interior Spotted

I think it makes sense to have a split tailgate on large SUVs like the expedition. By splitting the tailgate in half, you now need less space to open the rear. Comes in handy if you are parallel parked, or reverse parked near a wall. Also, I’d imagine the top tailgate wouldn’t stick up as high so it would be easier to open in low garages. The downside like rmc523 said, is that it makes it harder to reach things in the back.

Some buttons under the screen is nice, though it's away from the driver. And idk how many ppl are gonna mistake the volume for the tranny dial.  I would've preferred if they bookended the buttons they have with the tranny dial near the driver, and volume dial closer to the passenger, even with the dial the same.  That way it looks symmetrical and it though the vol dial would be a reach, it wouldnt be confused for the tranny dial.  The steering wheel looks smaller, and a tad more circular than the one in the nautilus, but still oval. The interior materials look good though.  And the door card looks like the Explorers door card as well.

I'm not mad if the upper trim (the photo looks to be a high level limited or kr trim because of the burnt orange/red leather) shares similarities and layout to the nav interior, the expy is getting closer to that 100k mark, and at that point, it better feel like a nav.  Also, I'm sure the seats will be similar to what's offered now, which is also fine for atleast the first row.  The ford seats are way more comfy than most of the class, but they do need to make the first row atleast 12 way now or make the contour air bladders standard, and bring back massage and make it more available.  The second and third row seats are too flat, and need more contour and cushion. 

Some people are upset about the body not changing much, but the body and packaging are mostly good, and it looks like they extended the cargo area a bit so that's good.  What really needs work is the drive.  Tranny calibration shouldve been priority 1, than suspension tuning.  Also, the body still jitters and shakes too much like a truck.  Gm and jeep of all places have leaped frog ford here, and with nissan putting out a new armada/qx80 that will surely be a magic carpet ride, ford needs to catch up.  Let's hope they put as much time into the drivetrain, suspension, and NVH as they did the infotech.

It may be revealed during NYIAS at the end of the month.  Im looking at explorer, maverick, and f150 pics to get an idea of what the expy will look like.  Ford has actually done a pretty good job in making the expy look more unique, I do find it looking more explorer like than f150 since 2017.  I see they will taking away the chrome strip belt line atleast for the expy.  I'm guessing there will be some type of design element on the c pillar, kind of like what gm does with their suvs maybe.  If they do end up with a split tailgate, I hope it's closer to what the 02-05 explorer offered, where the tail glass component was closer to the ground, but opened parallel to the tail gate, not opposite. image.png.27ecae2e46c8735d0a060996f88bfdff.png

One thing I do not like, the roof rails look to be integrated to the roof, instead of lifted off the roof like it is current.  I know it's cleaner, but kills functionality and look.  All the integrated roof rails have clamp on cross bars, which give the car a tacky look that I don't like.  Gm and most of new crossovers use the integrated roof rails.

image.png.0046bda7f4baae6de533efa5788008a2.png

I like how currently the rails are lifted off the body and the cross bars bolted into them better.  And it gives whatever is on the roof enough space off the glass.  Also, it's easier to attach straps and clamps to the railing hen it's not connected to the body without scratches.

3 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

The expy could debut at NY, I see that Ford is on the media schedule

Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 16.11.29.png

Yes, and unfortunately no Lincoln press conference. In fact, Lincoln is not even attending the event, first time ever I believe! I’m so bummed as I go every year for press days, was hoping for 2025 Navigator debut here. 

IMG_2999.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spudz64 said:

Yes, and unfortunately no Lincoln press conference. In fact, Lincoln is not even attending the event, first time ever I believe! I’m so bummed as I go every year for press days, was hoping for 2025 Navigator debut here. 

IMG_2999.png

Is that the entire floor?  I used to go when I lived in RI and they used to have another wing with luxury cars and Lincoln was usually separate from Ford.  If that's the entire show then it has really shrunk!

4 minutes ago, Andrew L said:

Is that the entire floor?  I used to go when I lived in RI and they used to have another wing with luxury cars and Lincoln was usually separate from Ford.  If that's the entire show then it has really shrunk!

Yeah this is the main floor….downstairs which used to be mostly all trucks and small manufacturers, is now mostly all Electric. There used to use an upstairs space as well, and even an addition next-door was used, most recently for all of GM’s brands. Now it’s just this, sad!

IMG_3001.png

1 minute ago, spudz64 said:

Yeah this is the main floor….downstairs which used to be mostly all trucks and small manufacturers, is now mostly all Electric. There used to use an upstairs space as well, and even an addition next-door was used, most recently for all of GM’s brands. Now it’s just this, sad!

IMG_3001.png

Yep that's right the luxury cars were upstairs and GM had that next door building all to itself I think that was the last year I went before I moved to FL. I remember that EV test track in the basement too.  I think the last year I was there Jeep had a big off road course in front of the Javits center too, I was standing in line for it but it was moving way too slow so I moved on lol.  What a shame though I always had fun going to it.

2 minutes ago, Andrew L said:

Yep that's right the luxury cars were upstairs and GM had that next door building all to itself I think that was the last year I went before I moved to FL. I remember that EV test track in the basement too.  I think the last year I was there Jeep had a big off road course in front of the Javits center too, I was standing in line for it but it was moving way too slow so I moved on lol.  What a shame though I always had fun going to it.

The Jeep thing is fun! This year Ford has a matching Bronco off road adventure outside there too, so that’s a plus!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, spudz64 said:

yeah, Lincoln is not even attending the event.

I was hoping for the 2025 Navi too but the Aviator has debuted not long ago and also the Nautilus reviews are out so so I guess Lincoln is going to wait a bit to show something new.

I really want to see the new Expy and how they plan to differentiate the interior using the same layout on both brands

• Like 2

15 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

yeah, Lincoln is not even attending the event.

I was hoping for the 2025 Navi too but the Aviator has debuted not long ago and also the Nautilus reviews are out so so I guess Lincoln is going to wait a bit to show something new.

I really want to see the new Expy and how they plan to differentiate the interior using the same layout on both brands

Still, seems a bit odd. As opposed to the recent past, Lincoln actually has some new(ish) product to show off. If they could have shown the 2025 Nav, the 2025 Aviator refresh and the all-new Nautilus, I think it would be a presence that would draw some attention. I guess they figured that people can just go to dealerships now to see the new Nautilus and the Aviator refresh has already debuted, and maybe the Navigator's not ready. But still.

I would think they would give the nav it's own press event, like caddy did with the escalade, where people can sit in it and get a feel for the interior and exterior.  I would say early summer or late spring.  They revealed the explorer for Detroit auto show in early Feb and then the aviator on its own less than a mnth later, I bet they'll do the same or similar for expy and navi.

Edited by Dlcorbett

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

Still, seems a bit odd. As opposed to the recent past, Lincoln actually has some new(ish) product to show off. If they could have shown the 2025 Nav, the 2025 Aviator refresh and the all-new Nautilus, I think it would be a presence that would draw some attention. I guess they figured that people can just go to dealerships now to see the new Nautilus and the Aviator refresh has already debuted, and maybe the Navigator's not ready. But still.

agree 100% It would be nice but as other member has said, it is the first time that Lincoln is not attending NYIAS. 

Recently they always had something to share, but the auto show is next week, they could've just waited for next week to do the embargo on the Nautilus because at the event Lincoln had all the vehicles. 

Edited by joseodiaga4

1 hour ago, Gurgeh said:

With only 4 models to sell and annual domestic sales still under 100,000 units, I'd think that Lincoln would be taking every opportunity to show off new or refreshed product. Otherwise... it becomes, out of sight... out of mind! Ford's commitment and investment in Lincoln has shown few results. Lincoln teases future product and then continuously delays new product, even before the overall slowdown in BEV vehicles and production plans.  

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Or.....if they're debuting Expy at the show, they don't want to overshadow it with Navigator, and vice-versa, so it'll be at a separate event....

agree but I don't know, I doubt the plan is to debut both products so close to each other, I think the Expy and Aviator were a particular case

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Or.....if they're debuting Expy at the show, they don't want to overshadow it with Navigator, and vice-versa, so it'll be at a separate event....

I suspect the Expedition is debuting in NY, it’s just sad Lincoln is sitting out the show as for years (like 20+ years) they made NY their primary place to debut concepts and new models. They would stress how NY was the luxury market capital of America too. I guess we are seeing how “the auto show as a press circuit” is really dead sadly. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

agree but I don't know, I doubt the plan is to debut both products so close to each other, I think the Expy and Aviator were a particular case

I'd agree that they should at least be present there at the show even if not debuting anything.

12 minutes ago, akirby said:

I thought the NY show was done by corporate but I know most of the smaller shows are done by local dealers not Ford corporate.

The major auto shows have always been done by Ford corporate due to the expenses involved. And yes, the smaller shows were always done by the local dealers with little if any support from Ford. 

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I thought the NY show was done by corporate but I know most of the smaller shows are done by local dealers not Ford corporate.

As stated above done by corporate, I remember when I did go to the NY Auto show there would be Ford and Lincoln reps from Detroit.  I remember having a long talk with one of them one of the years I was there and they were talking about harsh Michigan winters with us lol.  The smaller shows are 100% done by local dealers since they tend to be pushy to have you stop in and test drive so they can trap you there with high pressured sales. 

• 1 month later...

So the tailgate is split.

Now we have to find out out if the bottom splits down (all Range Rover) or up like a nicer split glass format like the 2006 Explorer/Mountaineer/Aviator. 

Not sure if that taillight into the tailgate it real. That close up photo looks like a fake sticker.