2025 Ford Expedition Interior Spotted

This is a radical departure for the Expy, and you can see the Nautilus (and Navigator) full width screen peeking through at the top of that upper photo (which I actually didn't notice the first time glancing at the photo set).

I'm glad to see them move away from the F-150-adjacent interior for Expy.  Hopefully it'll start to make a dent in the GM triplet numbers.

• Like 2

Yeah a radical departure although I have to say I don’t think it is a good idea to give. Ford product the same interior design as the new Lincoln.

the first time in a long time we don’t see Ford mentioned in a Lincoln vehicle review and the plan is to take away the differentiation? 

• Like 3

It’s good to finally see something about the next Expy/Navi again. I’m sure this design direction will be much more appealing to many people. I do hope it is still differentiated enough from the Lincoln. 

17 minutes ago, joseodiaga4 said:

Yeah a radical departure although I have to say I don’t think it is a good idea to give. Ford product the same interior design as the new Lincoln.

the first time in a long time we don’t see Ford mentioned in a Lincoln vehicle review and the plan is to take away the differentiation? 

I do agree with the concern of differentiation.  BUT, the Lincoln can do things like the Nautilus' hidden vents (controlled by the center screen), materials, etc. to differentiate.  

Plus, look at the leaked QX80 photos, and the Escalade refresh photos - it seems like the full width screen is coming to most vehicles, so the argument can be made that that'll just be the norm going forward?

6 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I do agree with the concern of differentiation.  BUT, the Lincoln can do things like the Nautilus' hidden vents (controlled by the center screen), materials, etc. to differentiate.  

Plus, look at the leaked QX80 photos, and the Escalade refresh photos - it seems like the full width screen is coming to most vehicles, so the argument can be made that that'll just be the norm going forward?

Agree but at this point I think the design is also important not only materials, etc. The new interior is the highlights on the current reviews so why throw away all this momentum.

Also, the QX80 and Escalade are Navigator competitors.

The new Tahoe and Suburban don't have it, and I don't think the Yukon will (I suspect it will have the Sierra EV interior).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ford has to understand that Lincoln is not Ford Vignale or Ford Platinum+, specially at the top of their lineup (Navigator).

But I guess at this point is a reality, let’s hope they find a way to differentiate both interiors

Edited by joseodiaga4
  • Like 4

• ice-capades changed the title to 2025 Ford Expedition Interior Spotted

I like it. I’m curious what will be below what we see in the picture and how the rest of the center console will look like. Comparing to the new explorer, it appears all the buttons the explorer has are present within the dash of the expedition.  With the rotary shifter now in the dash, there’s a whole lot of space they need to fill. I guess they will have the drive mode selector down there and some wireless chargers maybe.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I like it. I’m curious what will be below what we see in the picture and how the rest of the center console will look like. Comparing to the new explorer, it appears all the buttons the explorer has are present within the dash of the expedition.  With the rotary shifter now in the dash, there’s a whole lot of space they need to fill. I guess they will have the drive mode selector down there and some wireless chargers maybe.

Cupholders, charging pad, and additional storage I'd guess.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them embed drive modes into a menu cluster instead of having a full rotary dial for it.

17 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

Agree but at this point I think the design is also important not only materials, etc. The new interior is the highlights on the current reviews so why throw away all this momentum.

Also, the QX80 and Escalade are Navigator competitors.

The new Tahoe and Suburban don't have it, and I don't think the Yukon will (I suspect it will have the Sierra EV interior).

I understand the argument, but why don't we wait and see how they differentiate the two before panning it?

Plus, they're just supposed to purposely sandbag Expedition for Navigator?

I feel like there are additional tech ways they can differentiate the two as well, such as letting Navi play movies on the passenger side with some trick displays - whether they do this, we'll see, but they can certainly make changes while still having the same bones.

8 hours ago, Ares said:

Supposedly it will have a split tailgate design like the X5 and Range Rover, which seems plausible looking at the spy shots.

IMG_6714.thumb.webp.fc557c3ec4d73b3fbe80df1c3e645821.webp

A split tailgate would be fantastic! Especially for people who carry things on the roof like skis or kayaks. 

6 minutes ago, 92merc said:

Then you can access the roof from the back of the vehicle, instead of only from the sides.

Are we talking about a separate liftglass or doors that open left and right?

Either way you can always access the roof with the rear closed.

27 minutes ago, 92merc said:

Then you can access the roof from the back of the vehicle, instead of only from the sides.

Huh?  How can you not access the roof from the back via the bumper step?

2 hours ago, blazerdude20 said:

A split tailgate would be fantastic! Especially for people who carry things on the roof like skis or kayaks. 

Just so everyone is on the same page here....this is a split tailgate that somehow is good for things on the roof??

And, please note the bottom portion does NOT open until the upper portion opens.

Bmw X5 Split Tailgate

BMW goes large with first ever BMW X7 – Cars GT

Tips On Using 2014 BMW X5's Tailgate - autoevolution

This is liftglass:

2020 Ford Expedition Reviews | Price, specs, features and photos | Autoblog

Edited by rmc523
  • Thanks 1

I don't see Ford completely re-engineering the rear liftgate away from a design they've used for decades now - the liftglass/liftgate approach.

....especially if body wise, this is going to be more of a rebody than a 100% full redesign.......the detailing on the liftgate (the sheetmetal below the beltline) will be new, but I wouldn't be shocked if they kept the same upper portion.

That said, perhaps the move to the hidden rear wiper in the spoiler created issues with the liftglass design as-is?

Edited by rmc523

24 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I don't see Ford completely re-engineering the rear liftgate away from a design they've used for decades now - the liftglass/liftgate approach.

....especially if body wise, this is going to be more of a rebody than a 100% full redesign.......the detailing on the liftgate (the sheetmetal below the beltline) will be new, but I wouldn't be shocked if they kept the same upper portion.

That said, perhaps the move to the hidden rear wiper in the spoiler created issues with the liftglass design as-is?

Unless it's for Lincoln only. If all their competition has it...

6 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

Unless it's for Lincoln only. If all their competition has it...

The only ones that have that setup are the BMWs and Range Rovers.....and I think the Range Rovers have it because BMW designed the 2002 Range Rover and that setup has just carried over since.

My mom's X7 has the split setup, and aside from creating a sort of lip to hold items in, I don't really understand the added benefit for that setup.

Also, it's worth mentioning that the Expy/Navigator (and others at this size) are larger than the BMWs/RR, which would result in a longer tailgate drop, making it more difficult to access items in the cargo area (since you'd be further away from the opening with a tailgate).

• Like 1

I understand the apprehension of having similarities between the Nav and Expy, but I have felt that using the F150 interior on the Expy was a hinderance to sales.  If I care to guess, most drivers of full size SUVs are woman and I would anticipate the Tahoe interior has been more appealing to women.  

Regarding the coast to coast screen, the Chinese Explorer has a version, and as does the Nautilus.   Obviously these are not the same model but they reflect different executions of it.  The Explorer screen terminates early and looks blockier while the Nautilus flows cleanly into the doors.  I think there’s room for Ford products to have it while not affecting the Lincoln models.  

Nautilus:

IMG_3664.thumb.jpeg.eae35b8f2497d97caa014f7087f0fe59.jpeg

Explorer:

IMG_3663.thumb.jpeg.3daeac35f70c7efb2dfcfdfbab37b641.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I understand the argument, but why don't we wait and see how they differentiate the two before panning it?

Plus, they're just supposed to purposely sandbag Expedition for Navigator?

I feel like there are additional tech ways they can differentiate the two as well, such as letting Navi play movies on the passenger side with some trick displays - whether they do this, we'll see, but they can certainly make changes while still having the same bones.

yeah we can wait and I know the interior is covered but so far it seems to have the same interior design. If that's the case, why have two interior design teams? 

I don't say they should sandbag the Expedition, just maintain son differences between the brands, specially if the plan for the last few years was to make Lincolns different.

Again, check what GM is doing with the their SUVs between Caddy and Chevy

Additional tech is a must, the current Navi is already behind in some stuffs as AR Nav, Night vision, etc, and I expect no less than that. 

46 minutes ago, tbone said:

I understand the apprehension of having similarities between the Nav and Expy, but I have felt that using the F150 interior on the Expy was a hinderance to sales.  If I care to guess, most drivers of full size SUVs are woman and I would anticipate the Tahoe interior has been more appealing to women.  

Regarding the coast to coast screen, the Chinese Explorer has a version, and as does the Nautilus.   Obviously these are not the same model but they reflect different executions of it.  The Explorer screen terminates early and looks blockier while the Nautilus flows cleanly into the doors.  I think there’s room for Ford products to have it while not affecting the Lincoln models.  

Nautilus:

IMG_3664.thumb.jpeg.eae35b8f2497d97caa014f7087f0fe59.jpeg

Explorer:

IMG_3663.thumb.jpeg.3daeac35f70c7efb2dfcfdfbab37b641.jpeg

I agree that the F150 interior on the Expo wasn't a good idea but I thought that the plan was to give the Expy the Chinese Explorer (and other models) interior as you say.

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Huh?  How can you not access the roof from the back via the bumper step?

Just so everyone is on the same page here....this is a split tailgate that somehow is good for things on the roof??

And, please note the bottom portion does NOT open until the upper portion opens.

Bmw X5 Split Tailgate

BMW goes large with first ever BMW X7 – Cars GT

Tips On Using 2014 BMW X5's Tailgate - autoevolution

This is liftglass:

2020 Ford Expedition Reviews | Price, specs, features and photos | Autoblog

I was thinking of the old Land Rovers where you could close the top and keep the bottom open. Providing a ledge to stand on. Appears no modern SUV does that. 

• Like 1