Ford Future Products Rundown

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the original posts earlier. The autoblog piece coverts it all mostly.

Only two additional bits of info were the lack of Panthers at the event, and this comment about the next Explorer, hinting that Ford might have the most redundant lineup ever, if final:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the Explorer.

Holy Buldging Fenders, Batman!!!!

It was almost egg shaped.

People who say they look too boxy will finally get their wish.

Me, I hated it. I like how it looks now better.

5 seat unibody crossover: Edge

7 seat unibody crossover: Fairlane

7 seat unibody crossover: Freestyle

7 seat unibody crossover: Explorer... which seems to have the profile of a longer Edge, and is also car based.

Finally, as some people have pointed out, lack of Mercuries at the event, plus only the '09 Fusion and Zephyr being shown, seems to imply the Milan --and perhaps the entire Mercury brand-- are history come MY09.

Good riddance. ;)

Edited by pcsario

Other vehicles on display include the Mustang along with the anxiously awaited Bullit version. KRON describes a refreshened Mustang for 2008 that only fixes what is wrong with the current car, including the interior. The new F-150 was also shown with Superchief styling cues, along with the Freestyle and 500 with three-bar grilles and bigger engines, the Escape, Mariner, E-Series vans and Transit vans.

Whoa!!!! Transit

I don't think killing the mercury brand is smart, It is too large a chunk of Lincoln Mercury sales to kill it off, dealers will ultimately sue and win.

They have virtually destroyed both Lincoln and Mercury by abandonment, how about giving them new products that aren't trim level fords before deciding to kill one of them.

If it can be integrated profitably with the E-Series range, it makes sense.

Could it be that Ford is showing its new Euro products just for the sake of showing off what Ford is doing new? Or did Ford actually reveal its intention to bring the Transit stateside?

Could it be that Ford is showing its new Euro products just for the sake of showing off what Ford is doing new? Or did Ford actually reveal its intention to bring the Transit stateside?

i'm thinking that part of the 18b loan, maybe for paying to get rid of mercury, and perhaps buying the rest of mazda. timing could be everything.

Transit vans, curious! And I'm shocked to hear a new Explorer is ready for showing. I would have thought Ford is years away from the next Explorer.

They did not have an Explorer there. they had a scetch of a concept.

Everything they showed was for NA.

Transit vans, curious! And I'm shocked to hear a new Explorer is ready for showing. I would have thought Ford is years away from the next Explorer.

if it was a slide show, the model may have just been an artist rendition

Buying 51% of Mazda has been discussed and a majority on the class "B" voting shares as well.

they pretty much control Mazda now. Spending more on it doesn't make sense at this point.

If it can be integrated profitably with the E-Series range, it makes sense.

but it wasn't design here, For here???

they pretty much control Mazda now. Spending more on it doesn't make sense at this point.

Would we prefer 33% ofmazda profits or 100% of mazda proftis. It is not about control its about money. and Mazda volume to be #2 again.

Edited by Biker16

Would we prefer 33% of Mazda profits or 100% of Mazda profits. It is not about control its about money. and Mazda volume to be #2 again.

That's right, majority control of Mazda would allow Ford to count Mazda sales in with the rest of the other Ford brands. That just may make Ford #2 again.

2 questions leap to mind:

1. Would Mazda continue to flourish with MORE Ford influence, or does some autonomy give them needed creative freedom?

2. Who actually cares where Ford is in overall sales? GM, at #1, spent most of their time building some of the worst junk in the automotive world. Profit per unit is much more important.

2 questions leap to mind:

1. Would Mazda continue to flourish with MORE Ford influence, or does some autonomy give them needed creative freedom?

2. Who actually cares where Ford is in overall sales? GM, at #1, spent most of their time building some of the worst junk in the automotive world. Profit per unit is much more important.

And Toyota's pursuit of #1 made them the #1 recall king as well.

It is mostly the fact that the "angry employee" mob dragged all Ford enthusiasts away from this board ... I visit GMI more than BOF, because BOF is overrun with :I hate Ford - they destroyed my life" posts ...

Employees need their board, but so do enthusiasts - and enthusiasts were never welcome here ... IMO ...

Igor

It is mostly the fact that the "angry employee" mob dragged all Ford enthusiasts away from this board ... I visit GMI more than BOF, because BOF is overrun with :I hate Ford - they destroyed my life" posts ...

Employees need their board, but so do enthusiasts - and enthusiasts were never welcome here ... IMO ...

Igor

GMI isn't perfect either. They have a good number of GM homers that think everything Ford does is crap just because it's not a GM.

GMI isn't perfect either. They have a good number of GM homers that think everything Ford does is crap just because it's not a GM.

oh do not worry - we have been clamoring for a spin-off FIN/FMI (Ford (Motor) Inside News) for a while ... but to no avail ... yes GMI is not perfect, but it is more to my tastes, than BOF ...

Igor

Igor

A little more strict moderation would go a long way at this place. I've never seen a message board put up with so much bullshit from a select few people who just CONSTANTLY shit on things being discussed. I don't think people realize that its a turn off for 90% of the people out there and your losing out on 80% or better of people sticking around, just because they don't want to deal with that.