-
Files
-
Popular Contributors
-
Posts
-
To me it looks like Ford has run out of ideas for Lincoln, they seem to be lost all while Cadillac executes with a mix of cars and utilities plus a bunch of BEVs
-
No different than Cadillac or Mercedes,
-
By DeluxeStang · Posted
I admire the ambition to try taking the company in a new direction. But I feel like Lincoln would struggle to succeed as a performance oriented luxury brand. At the end of the day, if the products are well executed, that's what matters. But they in recent decades have almost positioned themselves as the anti-performance brand, chasing ride quality and refinement over lap times and loud exhausts. I like the direction as an enthusiast, I just don't know if it'll appeal to buyers. I feel like most buyers who want luxury performance go bmw, Porshe, audi, and so on. They don't even think about Lincoln. So appealing to them is gonna be a hell of a tall order. Lincoln is not like those brands that have spent decades cultivating this brand reputation for performance and making it central to their identity. -
By DeluxeStang · Posted
So you're envisioning like a 5 series rival almost? That could work. But isn't Lincoln targeting more of a refined, opulant form of luxury rather than focusing on performance? -
EVs went from nearly 0% global market share to over 25% in the past 20 years while sedans are doing the opposite. Ford doesn’t need to sell a sedan for the foreseeable future to survive, they absolutely need to sell EVs successfully fairly soon to survive.
-
Maybe VW has been watching what Ford has been doing with its MEB based vehicles…
-
If any Town car buyers are still alive, I suspect they have moved on to SUVs. Yeah, Zephyr sized but far more expressive design than that Chinese thing. I would hope pricing could start in the 50s and fully loaded models topping out in the 70s. That is about where the Cadillac CT5 is priced except for the Blackwing version.
-
Yes that's why it would be a performance sedan based on s650 but with all the luxury features.
-
By DeluxeStang · Posted
We've heard quite a few rumblings to suggest there will be a Ford sedan/hatchback on UEV at some point. Comments from Farley, being shown sketches and full sized clay models, etc. So if there's smoke, there's fire most likely. But who knows if we would get a Lincoln version. I don't see a large UEV sedan, more like something model 3 or fusion sized. -
By DeluxeStang · Posted
The issue is don't you believe the role big luxury sedans used to play in the industry has kinda been taken over by luxury flagship SUVs? Call me crazy, but I almost view a fully loaded navigator, this massive vehicle with world class luxury, as being kinda a standin for our modern version of an old Lincoln Town car or Continental. I can see a market for performance sedans, and sedans as more affordable transportation options. But the market seems pretty soft on large expensive luxury sedans at the moment. I could see a zephyr maybe working, but something Continental size and price I think would struggle in today's market.
-
-
Topics
-
Top Downloads
-
-
Albums
-
2022 Ranger Splash Desert Sand
- By Rangermrd,
- 0
- 0
- 1
-
Performance Tuner Connects
- By LostInTransit,
- 0
- 0
- 7
-
amtrucker22
- By amtrucker22,
- 0
- 0
- 1
-
4 CRUZEN
- By 04GT,
- 0
- 0
- 4
-
2021 Lincoln Corsair Grand Touring in Burgundy Velvet
- By RedHoncho01,
- 2
- 1
- 3
-
