-
Files
-
Popular Contributors
-
Posts
-
He said debut, so shown off. It could be true I guess but I don’t really trust when he gets this specific
-
By GearheadGrrrl · Posted
Unsophisticated companies tend to trade often, but when transportation becomes a separate department with good managers they see the value of keeping trucks for damn near their full useful life. The companies I've worked for- Continental Baking, UPS, Postal Service, etc.- Put the newer vehicles on the toughest longest runs, rotated them into shorter routes as they aged, and after 10 years or so they became spares, shop runabouts, yard use, etc. until they expired. These companies realized that putting an expensive new truck on a short route or expensively renting spares was a waste of profits. -
Toyota sells tons to fleets and commercial. It just choose not to compete with Ford on police car, vans and 1 ton pickup trucks. It ran Ford out of the taxi business for example and Hino is doing very well on commercial fleets against F-650. As for Ford Pro CPO, think Amazon... They are all leased so it is in Ford's interest to run a CPO program rather than just dump them all into Manheim auctions. Also a lot of smaller commercial fleets do 36 or 48 months leases too as they rather have predictable cash flow than take advantage of Sec 179 accelerated depreciation. If you don't have a lot of taxable income, the deduction is gilding the lily - better off with knowing exactly how much it will cost to run the van under full warranty.
-
By Sherminator98 · Posted
https://www.coxautoinc.com/insights/dec-2022-fleet-sales/ couple of years old, but still worth mentioning: Ford has always valued fleet sales to governments, also keep mind that the vast majority of those sales to fleets are by products specially made to serve that segment in the form of the PUI or vans. Its not like Ford is selling a stripped out Platinum Explorer as PIU-it has significant changes to it make it cheaper/profitable to do so, and I'm also guessing Ford looks at its products as making money from the entry level models and whatever is above that is icing on the cake vs being dependent on hey we need to sell X amount of Raptors vs F-150 XL to make a profit this month. -
The Samsung batteries in the Escape PHEV have been a huge problem for Ford. Maybe Ford is saying goodbye to Samsung batteries.
-
The 2027 Bronco Sport order guide is already out and their are no power train changes.
-
By Sherminator98 · Posted
Yes it got in 2025 I had the thought that the "Bronco" getting a new engine might be just the Bronco Sport with the hybrid 2L as in the outgoing Escape or Maverick. -
Is the Bronco on the updated 2.3EB that the Mustang has? I thought the Mustang got a dual injection setup for the 2.3EB.
-
Yes, Government vehicles are not dumped on the used market when they are 2 years old. Only problem with Government sales is they are usually low-bid with very small margins. Interesting how Toyota has never been much interested in fleet or commercial sales.
-
By Sherminator98 · Posted
What does he mean by that? That it will be shown off or in production? I think if your expecting to be able to buy one before next fall...I have a bridge I can sell you. Q1 auto show wise, you have the Silicone Valley and NYC shows, but I really doubt Ford will do it officially there-they will do their own thing and have preproduction ones at whatever show they pick I think Ford is just hedging its bets at this point with it. I can see a Lincoln coming sooner then that if the Ford model is well received and sells well for an EV.
-
-
Topics
-
Top Downloads
-
-
Albums
-
2022 Ranger Splash Desert Sand
- By Rangermrd,
- 0
- 0
- 1
-
Performance Tuner Connects
- By LostInTransit,
- 0
- 0
- 7
-
amtrucker22
- By amtrucker22,
- 0
- 0
- 1
-
4 CRUZEN
- By 04GT,
- 0
- 0
- 4
-
2021 Lincoln Corsair Grand Touring in Burgundy Velvet
- By RedHoncho01,
- 2
- 1
- 3
-
