-
Files
-
Popular Contributors
-
Posts
-
It will be interesting to see how the RAM REV (the EREV) does when it is released. I’m guessing decent sales numbers initially followed by a cratering.
-
Our 2014 Escape had a failed head unit for the radio/touch screen at about 90,000 miles, which rendered the radio inoperable. This was followed by complete transmission failure at roughly 130,000 miles. The dealer replaced it with a new unit from Ford (which took six months to arrive!) that was covered by a two-year factory warranty. The new transmission required extensive work just before that warranty ended, which prompted my wife to look for a new vehicle. Prior to the transmission failure, the Escape had left her stranded in western Pennsylvania with an injector problem. Her 2005 Focus SE was traded at 235,000 miles. It had two problems - one failed wheel bearing, and an alternator replacement. The engine and transmission were fine when the car was traded, and the air conditioning still blew cold. The seats were also still firm and comfortable. Here in Pennsylvania, one still sees first-generation Escapes and pre-2012 Focuses still on the road. Those cars, along with early Fusions and some Buicks, are about the only domestic cars from 2000-2010 one still sees in regular service around here (aside from full-size GM and Ford trucks and SUVs and Ford Explorers).
-
I'd agree they're going 80s "concept" look, so sure, not directly as bad, but still......I just don't think it looks futuristic today. I looked it up, and guess you're right, it's not a mandated requirement, but one of those "it'll help" sort of thing when it comes to some of the specialty models.
-
By Sherminator98 · Posted
So I'll share my story-my wife had a 2010 Escape XLT and my sister had same Escape (same color even) but it was a limited model-my sister Escape had so many more problems then my wife's Escape did. Biggest issue (that wasn't a recall) on my wife's 2010 was the waterpump crapping out on us on a ride back from VA to Eastern MD, where I had to nurse the car back before it overheated. The 2017 Escape she got was pretty built proof outside of the tailgate lift needed to be replaced towards the end of ownership and the 6F transmission slipping a bit but it cleared up after the dealership put an additive in it and she hit 135K with no other issues. Even had the 2L Ecoboost with the infamous leaky head that never reared its ugly head. -
By Sherminator98 · Posted
I'll share a personal observation about this and age bias I'll call it. I was born in the 1970s and I personally pretty much hate any 1970s styling trends when it comes to cars or other things. I have a good friend who is 12 years younger then me and he says the same thing about the 1980s...which kinda blew my mind. So I'm willing to bet that there is or at least was pre-internet age a bit in bias to decade you where born in. As for Hyundai styling-I'd say its taking its styling from 1980s concept cars, not the actual cars from the time period, because if they did that, they would look like an upside down bathtub (Caprice) or melted candy bar/soap (Taurus/Audi) speaking disparagingly of the cars from that decade. I can't say Hyundai products are ugly, but at the same time I don't think they are ugly either, but they also won't age well either. I do agree that styling on cars/other things is getting "flattened out" because of the society that has sprung up over the past 20-25 years. There really hasn't been a huge change in culture and if anything things have gotten worse since COVID and generally people have seem to become more and more discouraged with things, which just turns into a self feeding doom loop. As for the Luce, I thought it was put out already that DIDN'T need to buy it if you wanted a Ferrari. I saw they are only building 500, so it won't be that hard to sell them all. -
Mulally did a lot of good things while at Ford, but the problematic Powershift transmission for the Fiesta and Focus were developed under his tenure. And the replacement of the reliable, Mazda-based Escape with the one sourced from Ford's European operations was not good move. I speak from experience, having owned a 2014 Escape SE.
-
Dodge's buyer pool in particular is seemingly the least likely to consider an EV. Look at how Ram sales have spiked after they brought back the Hemi.
-
Eh.....I wouldn't go as far to lump this in with Cybertruck ugly-wise, but I understand your point. Interesting discussion points, though I only made it part way before moving on, as I felt I got the gist after a few minutes. I blame it on the current/recent trend of going back to the 80s look for vehicle styling. It looks old, and not in a 50s "that's cool" way.....it just looks old to me. I've said for a while that vehicles like the Ioniq5 with that heavy 80s look just have an old look to them, and won't age well, IMO. I think the only reason the Luce in particular will sell, is because of Ferrari's literal requirement to buy one in order to get some of the other models buyers actually want....
-
By Sherminator98 · Posted
https://insideevs.com/news/811029/dodge-charger-daytona-ev-sales-q3-2026-us-crater/ Dodge’s Gas-Powered Charger Is Outselling the EV Version 15 to 1 -
As a Mustang driver, I use the paddle shifters every time I drive the car.
-
-
Topics
-
Top Downloads
-
-
Albums
-
2022 Ranger Splash Desert Sand
- By Rangermrd,
- 0
- 0
- 1
-
Performance Tuner Connects
- By LostInTransit,
- 0
- 0
- 7
-
amtrucker22
- By amtrucker22,
- 0
- 0
- 1
-
4 CRUZEN
- By 04GT,
- 0
- 0
- 4
-
2021 Lincoln Corsair Grand Touring in Burgundy Velvet
- By RedHoncho01,
- 2
- 1
- 3
-
