LINCOLN MKS SPY SHOTS!!!

LincolnFan

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not very enthusiastic about the body design, which evokes the GM W-Body cars (Bonnevile, Park Avenue, etc..) Very familiar, derivative, not at all distinct or modern. The interior looks less fussy than Lincoln has become, so I'm pleased by that. I'm definitely not this car's customer, this is pretty stuffy and dull.

And hey, there's the new Michigan "Manufacturer's Plate". I wondered how they would look! They have an "M" in the middle of the plate number.

Edited by BORG

I'm not very enthusiastic about the body design, which evokes the GM W-Body cars (Bonnevile, Park Avenue, etc..) Very familiar, derivative, not at all distinct or modern. The interior looks less fussy than Lincoln has become, so I'm pleased by that. I'm definitely not this car's customer, this is pretty stuffy and dull.

And hay, there's the new Michigan "Manufacturer's Plate". I wondered how they would look! They have an "M" in the middle of the plate number.

Handsome car but looks like it has aged 3 years ALREADY! Keep concepts under wraps until 6 months before release! Flex will also arrive as last years news..MKR next?

The doors remind me of the last-gen Toyota Camry. It also looks pretty small for supposedly being a large luxury sedan. The wheelbase looks awlfully short as well- the rear overhang is too long. Based on this picture, Ford can't get a rear-wheel-drive lincoln out there fast enough!

Edited by Footballfan

The doors remind me of the last-gen Toyota Camry. It also looks pretty small for supposedly being a large luxury sedan. The wheelbase looks awlfully short as well- the rear overhang is too long.

The concept is a very bloated looking vehicle, sits high and narrow off of its wheels. It looks pretty dorky, even more so in production form. But this is the market they are targeting. The reason they failed so miserably with the 500/Montego is that they failed to consider that the 'traditional' market prefers swoopy design, even if it is 10 years out of style. It's the modern audience that prefers more angular and linear design.

Edited by BORG

damn...with all that cladding on it, it looks alot like the Taurus from the doors and green house.

I just hope it gets the MKR style grill on it..that will help

I wasn't all that impressed by the concept when I saw it in person either...

Edited by silvrsvt

It looks like they have tried to force the bow-wave grille design into the existing design of the vehicle. Lets hope not! It's not something that works as a design after-thought since it was an integral element in the shape of the hood and bumper, not just a grille treatment.

Interestingly, the tail-lights are now a clear-element design like the new Sable and Mountaineer, when you compare the lights on to the lights off picture. Although we can't tell from the camo, it does look like the MKR grill has been grafted on. The interior has been changed as well, although the "leather" wrapped dash made production. Other than that, it appears unmolested from the concept, for better or worse.

We also know this car is going to have a ton of standard and available equipment, including the vista roof, adaptive LED headlights, 20" rims, and entertainment features. Engines will be the 3.7L V6, which will easily exceed 300hp, and the 3.5L TT, which is going to exceed 400hp as the optional engine. AWD is in the equation, as well as value pricing, with the MKS slotting directly above the MKZ in the range. This means a starting price of around $35-36k, which with options, might hit $45-50k with the twin turbo and all the bells and whistles. It's a big car, and will not only be roomier than the Germans and Japanese midsizers, but way less expensive as well. There's just too much value in this equation for a sales flop.

The whole damn thing looks like my sister's previous generation Camry along with a little Infiniti thrown in...

I just hate hate hate Lincoln is not using it's own pure design but insists on using a me too ambiguous copy of a typical luxury import...

Ford copied old Passat and Lincoln copied an old Camry... I am so impressed.

Lincoln coulld not get the MKR to production fast enough.

Bowel Moves not Bold Moves if you ask me...

I am so bored with Ford Motor Company.... It might as well be AMC...

the GM W-Body cars (Bonnevile, Park Avenue, etc..)

The Park Avenue & Bonneville were never W body cars. What do you mean? W bodies or the Bonneville & Park Avenue?

BTW, I love the insta-pundit response everybody. Having seen the doors, we know all. Excellent work everybody. Gold stars all 'round.

Let me get this straight.............. you guys are completely ripping on an almost completely cladded preproduction car. You know, one that you can basically tell nothing from.

Whatever. Or maybe hopeless is a better word.

BTW, are any of you naysayers, the same ones who thought the MKZ/Zephyr was ugly, and would be a complete failure???

BTW2, I really liked the concept. However, what could I possibly know, I'm just in the target demographic.

The Park Avenue & Bonneville were never W body cars. What do you mean? W bodies or the Bonneville & Park Avenue?

BTW, I love the insta-pundit response everybody. Having seen the doors, we know all. Excellent work everybody. Gold stars all 'round.

I posted the side by side shots of the MKS show and camo cars. The parts you can see look exactly the same! I don't hate it but, I also don't think the show car was a head turner either. I stand by my statement (Blah). It doesn't excite me like the Mustang, Fusion, Edge. MKX, MKZ, Milan or the Flex and MKR showcar. I like the new Taurus even, but this MKS does not excite me. I know what you are saying that maybe they did a little extra work on the covered up parts, but that is not going to change the overall character of the showcar (which my opinion is based).

The new Taurus doesn't look like a radical departure from the Five Hundred. If you hated the Five Hundred's look, you won't like the Taurus (most likely won't like it I mean) I liked the 500 from the start. This MKS camo car looks like it has the same amout of changed bits as the Taurus had from the 500. For a luxury car, the look doesn't stand out. It looks like cars already out on the market, all of which don't appeal to me. If they wanted to make it resemble some other luxury car they could have at least made it look like an interesting one. If you don't like the word Blah, here's another word, Acuralexis-ish. It doesn't look like a Lincoln, and if they wanted a clean sheet design for a new image, that car doesn't do it.

Richard, I hope you prove me wrong and this car is stunning. I will wait for it to come out before I make any further judgement on it.

Let me get this straight.............. you guys are completely ripping on an almost completely cladded preproduction car. You know, one that you can basically tell nothing from.

Whatever. Or maybe hopeless is a better word.

BTW, are any of you naysayers, the same ones who thought the MKZ/Zephyr was ugly, and would be a complete failure???

BTW2, I really liked the concept. However, what could I possibly know, I'm just in the target demographic.

Drop the bias, it's a carbon copy of the bland concept, anyone with working eyes can see this.

I hope it fails, no car this size with FWD should be considerd a luxury car..