if you haven't read it, it basically is telling ford to go all out with this Interceptor, there are also some articles about the fact that ford is losing money big time but instead of blaming them for everything wrong they are showing how they could fix it in their eyes, this months mag was actually mostly about Ford, and also had an article about the new Aston Martin owner(part owner) and the new DBS (which was still design when Ford owned it and is sick ass)

i would just like to hear what you thought about this edition, i think the Interceptor is great and if it came out it would be my #1 large sedan

Edited by Ford-150

How many people would share that thought with you when gas prices hit 5 bucks?

Well much to my amazement, Gas prices have been down about 10 cents a gallon in my area, but a 3.5 or 3.7L V6 Interceptor still would get good gas mileage, not to mention it would be a limited car (less then 100K units a year) where it wouldn't have much impact on the CAFE ratings for Ford.

How many people would share that thought with you when gas prices hit 5 bucks?

Oh and Aston Martin will be in deep shit if the blasted Kuwaitis interrupt.

Hey stupid!!!!!!

IF you spend $100,000 for car you can afford to put gas in it!!!!!!~!~ :finger:

The wealthy can afford such things, because they are wealthy. This is why luxury car sales are not as affected as non-luxury car sales during recesions.

I liked the story, and liked their pics of the Interceptor better than any I'd seen to date.

Change the nose (the Super Chief thing is fine for a truck, but I think it's overdone for a car), and make the chassis a genuine segment challenger...and you'd sell 'em all day at $32K even with gas at $4.

I liked the story, and liked their pics of the Interceptor better than any I'd seen to date.

Change the nose (the Super Chief thing is fine for a truck, but I think it's overdone for a car), and make the chassis a genuine segment challenger...and you'd sell 'em all day at $32K even with gas at $4.

Reading between the lines and what is going on with Australia, I would say Ford is seriously considering an Interceptor RWD vehicle to replace Panther. With Mulally in charge, I believe decision will be made soon one way or another. I would like to see replacement for Panthers and hope they do it. I personally don't care for RWD vehicles unless truck or Mustang, but it seems like there are enough customers out there who do.

with you Zan...change the nose...too heavy looking, the profile is gorgeous...an interior like that will never make fruition though...some people have a tough enough time with a ROUND steering wheel.....

yes the nose needs to be changed but not extremely, i like its in your face presence, and i love how the car flows with itself i also like the shaker but doubt it will see production if the interceptor does

I like the Panther platform. For me, I see nothing wrong with it. The newer renditions are very solid, quiet performers that offer a lot of options, good power, handling and fuel economy.

I do, realize however, that Ford is better off in the long run with a solid replacement for these cars. If we, as Ford RWD sedan enthusiasts, want a proper successor to the Panther, we should throw our weight behind the Interceptor concept with minor exterior changes and extensive interior changes. The Taurus is going to be a no-go for many and Ford needs a viable competitor for the police fleet sales.

Likewise, the Town Car needs replacing with the Lincoln MKR to be the flagship for Lincoln. Body on frame is about history in Ford sedan history. We might as well accept it and rally for a suitable full size American styled RWD sedan from Ford that can carry the torch for the Panther.

I say they should recall the Galaxie name and use a "500" model designation for the higher end civilian model. Use "Interceptor" solely for the police model without the "Galaxie" designation. I like the name Crown Victoria, but its rather stodgy and its been in use as Ford's flagship for long enough to give it a rest for awhile.

Take the Interceptor body, fix the snout, place on an updated Panther chassis with more powertrain options.

Why?

-New car buyers drooling at the auto shows over it won't care like most new car buyers what frame it's sitting on as long as the visuals and content are what is up to snuff.

-Keep fleet buyers happy who want the Panther platform and nothing less

-Keeping it on the Panther platform keeps new design costs down

-Keeping it on the Panther platform keeps time to market to a minimum

-Keeps recalls to a minimum

-Keeps proven STAP in business

Also actually try stocking, selling, and advertising a fullsize RWD Ford sedan for a change, might even be suprised.

ok thats settled, i have never been more excited about a new ford vehicle since the Ford GT concept came out, when it possibly comes out, i might be out of college and maybe be able to put a down payment on it, i soo definitely would, i drive a truck because i like the big look, i like how it is in your face, this why i like muscle cars and this is why i love this Interceptor, better hurry up, in my area i am seeing a lot more charger police vehicles!!

Take the Interceptor body, fix the snout, place on an updated Panther chassis with more powertrain options.

-Keep fleet buyers happy who want the Panther platform and nothing less

-Keeping it on the Panther platform keeps new design costs down

-Keeping it on the Panther platform keeps time to market to a minimum

-Keeps recalls to a minimum

-Keeps proven STAP in business

yeah Right we are going to put a totally new car on a nearly 30 year old platform...please!

Does anyone else think the 427 was a LOT cooler. I didn't like all the rounded edges or "squircles" that I recall a designer speaking of on the interceptor, just make it square. The car didn't look that bad, though some angles weren't too pretty, but how about the 427's v10.......

Really though the two look close enough in profile that I guess all I want is a modern Ford sedan with a nice engine.

Does anyone else think the 427 was a LOT cooler. I didn't like all the rounded edges or "squircles" that I recall a designer speaking of on the interceptor, just make it square. The car didn't look that bad, though some angles weren't too pretty, but how about the 427's v10.......

Really though the two look close enough in profile that I guess all I want is a modern Ford sedan with a nice engine.

I thought the 427 used squircles...the fusion does.

Does anyone else think the 427 was a LOT cooler.

Merkur, I'm with you.

And SilverSVT, I don't think Armada's points are all that crazy. I think what Ford has to do isget the most bang for the buck in everything it does. I don't think anyone is talking about a radical new platform-that is an entirely different issue. What we are talkig about is getting some good sales numbers for not a lot of bucks. My 07 CV sport is averaging close to 23 mpg with that lousy 4 speed and 3.27 gears. Just think what even a five speed would do for it never mind a 6.

To repeat myself. Is it a geezer mobile? No- black on black, Hela fogs in the fascia and a set of fFlowmaster 40's for a nice bark. When some 23 year old in a parking goes to move it, hits the key and says..."I can see myself driving this!" Its not just for the blueheads in Florida.

What will it take to get the dummy product types to recognize this. Good basic car, great assembly plant, what else do ypou need? Yes, some MARKETING!

When I saw the 427 in person...I was grossly disappointed. Extremely underwhelming, it carried NONE of the presence it had in pictures.

The thing to remember is that the car would be a true "Halo" car, as the fall-off of 300C sales shows that big sedans and $3.50 gas don't mix all that well. Therefore, this car would have to be special from the ground up.

Serious power, stunner inside and out, and something to be the big, bad brother of Ford's car lineup. So:

No "Panther" chassis, with Carter-era driving dynamics

No "stretched Mustang" with solid rear end

NO "just good enough to compete" approach. The car must be a tour de force, period.

No "dumbing down"...make a driver-involved car.

And sheet metal that looks like it was designed later than 1991.

Sorry, the Panthers are a lost cause.

Ironically, changing the body of a car like the Panther is much easier than a unitized car, since its a seperate structure from the frame.

Grafting the Interceptor and Continental Concept bodies onto the Panthers would be simple as could be. It might increase sales, but one wonders whether the increased profit is worth the cost.

Like you said... they're a lost cause from our perspective.

Hey stupid!!!!!!

IF you spend $100,000 for car you can afford to put gas in it!!!!!!~!~ :finger:

The wealthy can afford such things, because they are wealthy. This is why luxury car sales are not as affected as non-luxury car sales during recesions.

Oh rite, people will pay 100K for a Ford Sedan. What a jackass.

Overall i like the interceptor, but the flaw about it to me, it jus seems like the front is a little too "bold" for mah tastes. But i do want Ford to build the car. I thought the 500 or Crown Vic should've been the car that the 427 was, but the interceptor would be a nice Crown Vic replacement. how about a Lincoln version?