08 Mustangs In

FordBuyer

Saw a couple new 08 Mustangs today...a couple V6's and Mustang GT convertible in dark candy apple red. The V6 automatic is rated at 24 mpg and Mustang GT Convertible with automatic is rated 22mpg. Not too bad. The Mustang comes with ambient lighting and about a $250 option. The V6's came with chrome wheels and pony package with Sirius radio. The dark candy apple red metallic clearcoat looks real nice on the Mustang GT Convertible. This vehicle listed for $35,000 as it was loaded. The two V6's listed for an affordable $24,000 and were pretty much loaded too. Nice cars.

Excuse my lameness but what is ambient lightning?

Ambient lighting is coming with the new Focus and spreading to the Mustang and Fusion. LED lights in cup holder in cobalt blue color and foot wells. Ford has talked about spreading it around car like to door openings and other dark areas of interior. It gives of nice effect at night. Kids like it on their tuner cars, but Ford is keeping it to interior unlike kids. A nice optional feature if you want it. Dodge has done it with cup holder on their Caliber and Ford is taking it to other aread of car. I believe the Jaguar XF concept had ambient lighting clear around belt line of interior giving off very cool effect. There are nights when I wish my foot wells and cup holders had nice cobalt blue lights. I bet ya other manufacturers copy Ford, especially the Koreans.

Saw a couple new 08 Mustangs today...a couple V6's and Mustang GT convertible in dark candy apple red. The V6 automatic is rated at 24 mpg and Mustang GT Convertible with automatic is rated 22mpg.

And what is that around town mileage sir? The bulk of where this car will spend it's driving time.

Ambient lighting is coming with the new Focus and spreading to the Mustang and Fusion. LED lights in cup holder in cobalt blue color and foot wells. Ford has talked about spreading it around car like to door openings and other dark areas of interior. It gives of nice effect at night. Kids like it on their tuner cars, but Ford is keeping it to interior unlike kids. A nice optional feature if you want it. Dodge has done it with cup holder on their Caliber and Ford is taking it to other aread of car. I believe the Jaguar XF concept had ambient lighting clear around belt line of interior giving off very cool effect. There are nights when I wish my foot wells and cup holders had nice cobalt blue lights. I bet ya other manufacturers copy Ford, especially the Koreans.

BMW has a similar system, although theirs runs the length of the doors front/rear, and they have a light that shines down onto the center console area, in an orange color, it looks really nice (when you can see it -many times its blocked out by road lights)

Here we go

V6 manual - 17/26

V6 auto - 16/24

GT manual - 15/23

GT auto - 15/22

GT500 - 14/20

Thanks Steven, actually I already knew what it was but wanted to see if Ford would post it. I hate it when people just post the high numbers for a car as if trying to pass that off as what the car gets all the time. I don't know if that's what he was doing, but it seemed like it.

Edited by BlackHorse

GT manual - 15/23

Hmm thats about right...I can only get about 23-24 MPG out on highway, but those city numbers are really low..only get that bad if I'm going stop light to stop light and floor it...

I get about 20 MPG avg with my commute to work

Hmm thats about right...I can only get about 23-24 MPG out on highway, but those city numbers are really low..only get that bad if I'm going stop light to stop light and floor it...

Silversvt,

You've got to remember to shift into 5th gear on the highway. You'll get much better mileage. :)

Seriously, I've gotten as much as 26.5 mpg on the highway and my GT is an automatic. That is hand-calculated. The computer said 27.0. It always reads a little optimistic. This was a 205 mile trip, 200 on interstate. The other 5 were rural with very little traffic. Computer said my average speed was 70. I did not need the A/C for about a 3rd of the trip (cool morning).

I also average a little over 20 mpg overall.

Edited by CurtisH

I 100% agree that somthing is wrong with that Number. My 500+hp Supercharged 2005 GT consistantly gets 16mpg around town and 20-22mpg on the highway... And this is with 39lb injectors ( 24lb stock )...

Silversvt,

You've got to remember to shift into 5th gear on the highway. You'll get much better mileage. :)

Seriously, I've gotten as much as 26.5 mpg on the highway and my GT is an automatic. That is hand-calculated. The computer said 27.0. It always reads a little optimistic. This was a 205 mile trip, 200 on interstate. The other 5 were rural with very little traffic. Computer said my average speed was 70. I did not need the A/C for about a 3rd of the trip (cool morning).

I also average a little over 20 mpg overall.

i went to cedar point yesterday, about 205 miles, and i got about 25.3 mpg, and i have a gt with a five speed.

I have a 2000 Mustang. It was rated at 20/29. The city rating was overly optimistic. I usually get 17. The highway rating was right on. With straight highway driving around 70-75, I always get 29 MPG.

I always find city mileage a total joke...which city...how many traffic lights...time idling etc etc etc ....speculation as far as i am concerned

that is horrible that a 6.2L corvette gets the almost the same mpg that a v6 mustang gets

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorC...=1&id=24173

Amazing what several hundred pounds less weight, far better aerodynamics, and a 6 speed with a ridiculously low 6th gear ratio will do for you.

Always surprised how efficient those Gen III small blocks are though...the fuel economy wasn't much worse in the far heavier GTO.

I wonder if the Mustang will finally get a 6 speed across the board due to MPG concerns....

i don't think i understand these threads. i've had an 00 taurus, a 99 continental, and 05 montego, that all three averaged 21mpg and i have an06 must. gt ,and average 24-25mpg with 300 hp. and mpg is a concern with the stang?

i don't think i understand these threads. i've had an 00 taurus, a 99 continental, and 05 montego, that all three averaged 21mpg and i have an06 must. gt ,and average 24-25mpg with 300 hp. and mpg is a concern with the stang?

Unfortunately, the greenies are making fuel economy a concern for ALL vehicles. :censored:

It's not really fair to compare the Mustang to the Corvette.

What sort of milage were LS1 F Bodys getting?

Generally speaking, better than Ford's modular V8s despite larger displacement. They have a 6 spd manual transmission option, plus skip-shift (MOST ANNOYING THING EVER). That helped MPG ratings a lot.