M-Class - 3,062

R-Class - 1,033

Q7 - 1,824

Veracruz - 1,739

Tribecca - 1,835

Touareg - 699

Of the luxury-branded CUVs, here's the sales order:

RX350/400h - MDX - Enclave - MKX - X3 - M-Class - X5 & XC90

For LincolnFan - here's the answer to your question.

Scott

I hate to say, I saw an Enclave on the parkway yesterday and was incredibly impressed. It is one really good looking vehicle. Lots of presence and unique looking. Can't say anything for the interior or driving dynamics because I haven't sat in or driven one, but Buick seems to have hit the sweet spot on the styling (at least in my opinion).

The Enclave is a fantastic vehicle, I don't see why anyone should be suprised it sold more than the MKX. I don't think the MKX is bad I just think that the fact that from the outside it only has a different grill and lights from the Edge turn people off of spending so much more, where as the Enclave has 100% different sheet metal than the Acadia/Outlook.

Thanks, it seems that the MKX beated the Germans. Which isn;t saying much because they're low volume anyway.

But how can the Enclave outsell the MKX?

I had the oppertunity to put them side by side and the Enclave wins hands down just on the interior. It is probably the best vehicle Buick has produced in decades. It's ride is pure luxury, but it still handles as well as the MKX. I like the option to put captian chaires in the second row. I have never driven a vehicle that was as quite on the inside as the Enclave.

I am not much of a GM fan, but the sales number with this vehicle is certianly deserved IMHO....

P.S. In most configurations, the Enclave is a little less expensive as well...

Also no huge surprise the Enclave is outselling the MKX. They're priced literally right alongside one another (even factoring in options), and the Enclave is a bigger vehicle with a 3rd row seat. They're both FWD/AWD CUVs based on lesser family members with luxurious interiors and nice feature content for the money.

The MKX is indeed a great CUV, and so is the Enclave, with the Enclave's only real advantage being a larger vehicle with a 3rd-row seat. I'd say they're easily better than the Lexus RX350, and a far better value than the very expensive German CUVs.

Also no huge surprise the Enclave is outselling the MKX. They're priced literally right alongside one another (even factoring in options), and the Enclave is a bigger vehicle with a 3rd row seat. They're both FWD/AWD CUVs based on lesser family members with luxurious interiors and nice feature content for the money.

The MKX is indeed a great CUV, and so is the Enclave, with the Enclave's only real advantage being a larger vehicle with a 3rd-row seat. I'd say they're easily better than the Lexus RX350, and a far better value than the very expensive German CUVs.

Not to mention the Enclave has a bit more feature content than the Lincoln. It still amazes me how Lincoln has yet to debut anything with keyless go or even equip MKXs without HIDs as even an option. :banghead:

Regardless, I find both of them ugly. The MKXs grille and the ungainly porportions of the Enclave will ensure that I steer clear. I'd rather drive an XC90 or X5.

The Enclave is a fantastic vehicle, I don't see why anyone should be suprised it sold more than the MKX. I don't think the MKX is bad I just think that the fact that from the outside it only has a different grill and lights from the Edge turn people off of spending so much more, where as the Enclave has 100% different sheet metal than the Acadia/Outlook.

correct - Enclave is a step up from MKX for only a little more money ... and offers such niceties as HID's standard, true LED tail lights and truely unique look from its bretheren.

Igor

correct - Enclave is a step up from MKX for only a little more money ... and offers such niceties as HID's standard, true LED tail lights and truely unique look from its bretheren.

Igor

Are the Enclave's tail lights LEDs? They dont look like them, but could be.

EnclaveRearProfile.jpg

The MKX does use LEDs for the illuminated lightbar at night. No HIDs though, unfortunately, which IMO is inexcusable for a luxury CUV -- even the cheaper MKZ has them available.

Rear.jpg

Edited by rmc523

The Enclave also seats more people, it's considered a full-size premium cross-over. While the MKX is considered Midsize.

I myself don't see any special about the RX350. My friend has one. The headliner was cheap, some panels didn't align correctly in the interior, and honestly at 70MPH, it's just as loud a Mustang....On the Mustang, I can forgive that...On the RX350, it's not for a company that supposedly builds tomb like vehicles.

I have noticed it's a realtors vehicle of choice, I know about 7 who constantly trade into one when the lease is up.

Brand cachet and presence explain the Lexus's continued success. Remember when the RX300 debuted and people left and right declared it ugly, a glorified minivan, and that it would never sell? And now Ford and GM are hooking a large part of their turn arounds on CUVs.

I find the RX attractive in a generic way. I'm not a fan of the way the newer 330/350s look bloated though - it looks like Toyota installed a longer & taller body on the orignal RX's chassis without adding to the wheelbase or anything. Odd.

The Enclave is definitely a winner, it's softly sculpted flanks and quiet ride practically scream "American!" I would not be surprised if the Enclave becomes the number one selling Buick in a couple of months. But I'd add that the MKX & Enclave aren't really competitors. The "Lincoln Flex" will be an Enclave competitor when it arrives next year.

Scott

Dunno, ask Hertz.

Why don't you furnish some proof, instead of implying that you know what you're talking about?

See. You can pinpoint occasions where I'm wrong (for instance, predicting that a trio of heavy and overpriced CUVs with medicore gas mileage wouldn't sell--who knew?).

You, by little digs like this, create problems for yourself -all the time-.

BTW, if you go back and look, my concrete prediction was that cumulative Lambda volume would exceed the Freestyle, but no single model would.

Had Ford spent a dime marketing the Freestyle in years 2 and 3, who knows? I might've been right.

We'll see what happens with the Taurus X vs. the Acadia.

Edited by RichardJensen

No, you mocked the Enclave specifically multiple times. Funny how now you "were talking about Lambda's in general".

I corrected you right after it was launched since you were already implying it was a failure, GM was retarded, Jr. was a genious, etc.

Even after that, you refused to admit you were wrong, basically giving the usual excuse of "bububu rare situation it'll pass".

Edited by pcsario

No, you mocked the Enclave specifically multiple times. Funny how now you "were talking about Lambda's in general".

I corrected you right after it was launched since you were already implying it was a failure, GM was retarded, Jr. was a genious, etc.

Even after that, you refused to admit you were wrong, opting instead for a nice "bububu we will see but I'm not buying it" exit.

Well, the Fusion sells at estimates and makes a profit doing it. How is it a failure.

Edited by suv_guy_19

Not to mention the Enclave has a bit more feature content than the Lincoln. It still amazes me how Lincoln has yet to debut anything with keyless go or even equip MKXs without HIDs as even an option. :banghead:

Regardless, I find both of them ugly. The MKXs grille and the ungainly porportions of the Enclave will ensure that I steer clear. I'd rather drive an XC90 or X5.

I would agree that the grille of the MKX needs to be changed soon. It doesn't match with the rear which is well done. Also get the 3.7 Liter V6 in there with a few more horses and HIDs should be standard to match the optional adaptive headlights.

Well, the Fusion sells at estimates and makes a profit doing it. How is it a failure.

We don't have the real internal targets, RJ's memory doesn't count.

Facts are:

- Fusion was never supposed to be sold outside of NA, ditto with the Milan, full capacity was to be devoted to NA.

- Then later, when Ford realized demand in the US was softer than expected, they suddenly changed their mind and started exports to SA.

Edited by pcsario

I stand by all those criticisms. It is not a good value, it is not fuel efficient, and it is, considering its weight, not very spacious.

However, it is selling....

Apparently, to paraphrase Winston Churchill, "It's the worst fullsize CUV on the market except for all the others."