No Incentives on '08 Focus

FordBuyer

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was buying one, I'd hold off for a while, at least untill Christmas. Buying a Ford without a discount? :hysterical:

good news, means they are expecting it to sell... i like how the fusion has never had more than a $1000 rebate.. while some other vehicles in its class had none, then 1000, and now some have like 3k rebates... good for resale value too, hope after 3 years i could at least break even on price on mine.. that would be new after owning a contour lol.

Why would you even think there would be an incentive on a fresh product?

Because of comments from car magazines like this:

Its biggest news is Sync, a connectivity system developed in concert with Microsoft. You can connect nearly any phone, iPod, MP3 player, or other device via Sync's MP3 jack, USB port, or BlueTooth and operate it hands-free. It takes a few minutes to learn the system's commands, but once you've got it down, Sync makes using your electronic toys easy and safe. It'll appear on 12 Ford, Mercury, and Lincoln products this year (standard on some, and a just-$395 option on the rest).

And that's the biggest news in the new Focus. The reconstituted Focus forges no new ground and isn't the match of the class-leading Civic in any way.

In other words...it's already behind the 8-ball.

Edited by P71_CrownVic

In other words...it's already behind the 8-ball.

Its because the Tea and crumpet crowd automatically assume since we didn't get the C1 here that the current 08 Focus is a POS. Too bad magazines and other forms of media aren't more objective when it comes to their reviews. Beyond the somewhat subjective styling (personal preference) the new Focus has alot to offer at a good price...

In their opinion, besides, that same article contradicted themselves. They had talked about sync and the bigger trunk than the civic, but yet it was in no way better...right.

Let's see...bigger trunk, handles better and can turn on a dime, has sync, quieter, smoother ride with multi link suspension, but is no way better. Yeah, I want to pay more for smaller trunk, noisy ride, worse handling, no sync, because it has H on hood. Looking at Civic sales, I guess that is what most do.

Let's see...bigger trunk, handles better and can turn on a dime, has sync, quieter, smoother ride with multi link suspension, but is no way better. Yeah, I want to pay more for smaller trunk, noisy ride, worse handling, no sync, because it has H on hood. Looking at Civic sales, I guess that is what most do.

EXACTLY!!! Thats why Ford has to try a little harder than Sync to lure people to the Focus. Something like modifying the current chassis to accept the 2.5 I-5 Turbo. Then BAM, you have the new Focus SVT. Price it similar to the Dodge SRT-4(ie: under $20K) and you have an instant hit (assuming the people don't look at the front of the car). Ford would have a car that handles well, goes well, and is cheap. It will go head to head with the Mazda 3, VW GTI, Civic Si, etc. It is really not that hard.

Or they could have used the platform from the Mazda 3 and did the same thing.

EXACTLY!!! Thats why Ford has to try a little harder than Sync to lure people to the Focus. Something like modifying the current chassis to accept the 2.5 I-5 Turbo. Then BAM, you have the new Focus SVT. Price it similar to the Dodge SRT-4(ie: under $20K) and you have an instant hit (assuming the people don't look at the front of the car). Ford would have a car that handles well, goes well, and is cheap. It will go head to head with the Mazda 3, VW GTI, Civic Si, etc. It is really not that hard.

Or they could have used the platform from the Mazda 3 and did the same thing.

They had that already, it didn't sell very well at all. On top of that, sync is way more than a gimic.

Its because the Tea and crumpet crowd automatically assume since we didn't get the C1 here that the current 08 Focus is a POS. Too bad magazines and other forms of media aren't more objective when it comes to their reviews. Beyond the somewhat subjective styling (personal preference) the new Focus has alot to offer at a good price...

EXactly! Another way that I look at this, How is it Toyota can carry over a platform time after time but the rags consider it "all new"? Or carry over drivetrains giving it a false hp rating but the media reports it as if its "all new".

But yet? They pick it over a well done Foci. How many times has the Camry or the Civic changed platforms in the last 8 years?

Why would you even think there would be an incentive on a fresh product?

unfortunately car manufacturers have dug themselves a hole and set a precedence...mark my words they will sit until low APRS and rebates hit....consumers don't just EXPECT any more...they DEMAND....

Must be a regional thing. They don't show it for my area on the Ford web site.

yep...just looked...500 college, 5.90 APR for 60....theres no way they could launch this with zippo....like I said manufacturers only have themselves to blame for making these necessary..........

yep...just looked...500 college, 5.90 APR for 60....theres no way they could launch this with zippo....like I said manufacturers only have themselves to blame for making these necessary..........

Yeesh. I would hardly call 5.9% financing an "incentive". Anyone with half decent credit could get a loan at least that good from any bank or credit union. Heck, I got 4.9% on a USED car.

Yeesh. I would hardly call 5.9% financing an "incentive". Anyone with half decent credit could get a loan at least that good from any bank or credit union. Heck, I got 4.9% on a USED car.

actually a LOT of Fords lineups right now are 5.9 for 60 months.....I like it!....banks are in the 8's so C unions seem to be the way to go if close...and Nick wheres the 4.9 NOW?, haven't seen rates like that on used cars for a year or so......best we have right now ( buy rate ) is for 700 plus is 5.99 for CURRENT year, 6.99 for a 3 year old car, C unions I have seen at 4.9 but they are few and far between, and not recently......

I don't think that combination would even be possible at that price,

Hmm, what is the MSRP of the Mazdaspeed3 in the USA. $22,000.00.

What is the MSRP of the new Volvo C30? $22,700

Seems rather logical if Ford "did" offer the Focus ST in the USA the price would/could

be or near $20,000.00.

I would expect car buffs are much more aware of Ford's internationaly known ST variant, plus the C1 Focus has a much better track record

as far as reliabilty and lack of recalls which the 1st SVT had over-shawdowing its perception from the car buffs.

This "rut" thinking that so many have about Ford N.A. and its past failures with Contour and SVT, is best used as "mistakes to be learned from" not to be used to stay stuck in the rut.