More Toyota problems

dwg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frame...windshield...tailgate...camshaft...upper control arm....dealer tech? <now awaiting a "tommy" sighting..lol>

Not denying any of it....its just no worse than any defects I saw at Ford or Chrysler/Jeep. Difference is that Toyotas lying their asses off about it. Upper control arm? Whats that about? The Sienna door thing is a motherfucker theres nothing we can do....it has to go to the local bodyshop to get welded up. I even saw one that let go again they replaced the whole door. That piece that holds the door check is so thin its hard to believe someone can weld on it at all!

Honest it is word for word plus I had 2 other post one I said it was sure thin looking metal compared to my 04 ford and the other was that I had put much more abuse on my ford tail gate with no problems, they are extremely touchy especially after the CR report, I have quit trolling over there for now sure was fun though. But everyone on that site with tundras the tail gates were coming apart evidently they aren't welded, just crimped and then sealed with some kind of sealer??? :redcard:

Heh, Toyota has its customers trained to handle issues the way the company does

CR has done enough damage for all the rest put together they have a very broad base of readers from coast to coast :happy feet:

paybacks a bitch...I still think there was some $$$$ passing hands that may have stopped...and NOW Toyota no longer is free to roam gloating at others CR mis-fortunes.......

Not denying any of it....its just no worse than any defects I saw at Ford or Chrysler/Jeep. Difference is that Toyotas lying their asses off about it. Upper control arm? Whats that about? The Sienna door thing is a motherfucker theres nothing we can do....it has to go to the local bodyshop to get welded up. I even saw one that let go again they replaced the whole door. That piece that holds the door check is so thin its hard to believe someone can weld on it at all!

Well, the big difference is you would be screaming from the rafters proclaiming to all "What a pile of junk this is!!" As for the Sienna door issue, there is a real simple fix.....Toyota needs to redesign the door shell and replace the entire door. They won't do that as it would be astronomical in terms of costs. Once they do that, then they can replace the defective tailgates, transmissions, control arms, windshields, etc, etc, etc.....

Actually it's not Toyota's responsibility to replace the man's windshield and he should have known better than to ask, especially this time of year. Cracked windshields due to changes in temperature are pretty common during the spring and fall months. It's happened to me a couple of times. I've seen it on brand new Fords as well so this isn't a Toyota quality issue. He can either file it on his insurance and have his windshield replaced or he can just pay for a new windshield out of his own pocket. Heck there are plenty of services that will come out to your house and replace your windshield in your driveway while you wait if you like. It only takes about 10 minutes.

Now the transmission issue, that's another story.

I believe that it's toyota's responsibility to make a windshield that will not break under normal use. And if you make your truck so large that it will not fit into a standard garage (ie. Tundra), you better be making the exposed parts substantial enough to deal with the elements. I have almost never garaged any of my Ford's or Chebby's and I have never had to replace a windshield or mirror. BTW, I used to live in the snow belt, and was even crazy enough as a younger man to throw water on my iced over windshield to clear it. And the outside temp was well below 0' fahrenhiet! NO BREAKAGE!

Well, the big difference is you would be screaming from the rafters proclaiming to all "What a pile of junk this is!!" As for the Sienna door issue, there is a real simple fix.....Toyota needs to redesign the door shell and replace the entire door. They won't do that as it would be astronomical in terms of costs. Once they do that, then they can replace the defective tailgates, transmissions, control arms, windshields, etc, etc, etc..

Until they do decide that I have no control over it...I just do what they tell me.

I believe that it's toyota's responsibility to make a windshield that will not break under normal use. And if you make your truck so large that it will not fit into a standard garage (ie. Tundra), you better be making the exposed parts substantial enough to deal with the elements. I have almost never garaged any of my Ford's or Chebby's and I have never had to replace a windshield or mirror. BTW, I used to live in the snow belt, and was even crazy enough as a younger man to throw water on my iced over windshield to clear it. And the outside temp was well below 0' fahrenhiet! NO BREAKAGE!

No windsheild should crack from temp extremes. That is why they are tempered.

If the winsheild is cracking in cold temps it is cause either the glass was not tempered properly or the structure of the vehicle is not remaining stable at cold temps and is contracting to much and stressing the windsheild.

I have never ever had a windsheild fracture in cold temps on any Ford vehicle in temps down to and below -40C

I have had exsisitng cracks and chips snap across the windsheild in cold temps but never had a temps induced crack start all on it's own.

The Dodge Shadows had an issue with the front side windows literally exploding at -40 temps but they were isolated incidents. And come on it is a Dodge.

Bottom line is the Tundra is a POS the truck has barely been on the market and look at the issues already. We will see if those tundra owners will still be brain washed when the trucks get some real miles and age on them.

It could possibly the best thing Toytoa ever did for Ford WAS to build the Tundra

And speaking of Cold it has been snowing like a Mother F***** all day. The drive back to Edmonton is going to suck ass later today.

Matthew

Edited by matthewq4b

Didn't you buy a Charger? :redcard::hysterical:

Yup I did.

Sort of just renforces the point.

The Charger has been seeing less road time now that the GM running again. In fact the car has been parked for the better part of a month now while I look for a decent used Excursion.

I know what I want. A full load Limited, Black, Tan Interior with low miles.

Matthew

Apologies to THE WAR OF THE WORLDS:

"Toyota had no resistance to the gremlins in our country to which we have long since become immune. Once they had driven our roads, gremlins, which no longer affect us, began to kill them. The end came swiftly. All over the world, their machines began to stop and fall. After all that men could do had failed, the Toyotas were destroyed and Detroit was saved by the littlest things, which God, in His wisdom, had put upon this Earth."

post-7796-1128649618_thumb.jpg

It's not just the tailgate (and transmissions, and camshafts, and frame, and windshields, ....) that are weak on the Tundra.

Look at this video to see just how weak the Tundra is.

Yes, the bed is actually making contact with the cab.

Edited by range

It's not just the tailgate (and transmissions, and camshafts, and frame, and windshields, ....) that are weak on the Tundra.

I remember seeing that a while back. Thats ridiculous too.

i love how one of the comments on there is "i would never try that so who cares".....leads me to the point of truck buyers do not buy tundras.....average car driving people buy tundras cause they think they are cool

i have beat my truck up quite a bit, it is why i abandoned my wanting of a small sports car because i just love off-roading( and i don't care if your STi/Evo was made for off-roading, let me see you voluntarily jump it 4 feet in the air!)

i love how one of the comments on there is "i would never try that so who cares".....leads me to the point of truck buyers do not buy tundras.....average car driving people buy tundras cause they think they are cool

QFT! I know a few ppl who have purchased Tundra's... they're afraid to take it to Home Depot for 2x4's. Don't think my enlightening them on the tailgate issue helped though. :stirpot:

Anyone see the online petition they've started trying to get Toy oda to fix the shoddy quality?

My buddy has an 04 Tundra (Traded in a Super Duty for it....), and he has had 3 windshields crack on it during the ownership. He has gotten fed up with it, and actually tried to trade it in at a Toyota dealership, but the resale SUCKED on it. I just had to laugh, as he was SO SURE the resale was like 1000x more than a domestic (he got 2x more for his older, higher mileage F350 than they are offering for the Tundra).

My buddy has an 04 Tundra (Traded in a Super Duty for it....), and he has had 3 windshields crack on it during the ownership. He has gotten fed up with it, and actually tried to trade it in at a Toyota dealership, but the resale SUCKED on it. I just had to laugh, as he was SO SURE the resale was like 1000x more than a domestic (he got 2x more for his older, higher mileage F350 than they are offering for the Tundra).

Tell him to get full coverage insurance on it and then maybe it'll be worth something when it's totaled!

Another costly lesson on why nobody should buy a Toyota!

• 4 weeks later...

Ahh, the old 'resale' thing. Funny enough most used Toyotas 'book out' thousands below kelly blue books 'trade in' value. Unless its certain specific models, resale sucks.