New RWD Hyundai Genesis Coupe Spied

rmc523

This is going to shock you all... you'd better take a seat! :lol:

I do NOT like the side greenhouse on this car AT ALL! That bulge in the side rear window looks like complete crap-ola (to quote 'ole Archie Bunker).

I'm not exactly enamored with the disjointed side body lines either, but I think I could at least get used to those.

The overall profile and size is right, and I'm sure it will be a decent little car to throw around, but based on the side-by-side view with the 'Stang, my money's with the icon.... MUSTANG!

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

Well, I think most of you know how I feel about Hyundais in general but as a basic critique of the design I'll say I don't like the scalloped window either. It's awkward looking. From what I can see of the front, it seems to mimic the G35 and rear seems to have a bit of Acura RSX to it. Too much of a mish-mash for me.

Its pretty nice looking. The beltline droop around the 1/4 window is uh.... weird to say the least. In fact it reminds me of a Cougar i used to own that was so rusty that i cut out a piece of metal in the 1/4 window area and wound up with a similar droop. I like that its smaller than a Mustang and should offer comprable power and RWD. Looks good, i dont think it will ever get Mustang type sales, nor will it be much of a direct sales thread but its a nice looking car that has alot of performance potential.

This is going to shock you all... you'd better take a seat! :lol:

I do NOT like the side greenhouse on this car AT ALL! That bulge in the side rear window looks like complete crap-ola (to quote 'ole Archie Bunker).

I'm not exactly enamored with the disjointed side body lines either, but I think I could at least get used to those.

The overall profile and size is right, and I'm sure it will be a decent little car to throw around, but based on the side-by-side view with the 'Stang, my money's with the icon.... MUSTANG!

-Ovaltine

What he said! It's almost as if Hyundai did something different for the sake of doing it.

Its pretty nice looking. The beltline droop around the 1/4 window is uh.... weird to say the least. In fact it reminds me of a Cougar i used to own that was so rusty that i cut out a piece of metal in the 1/4 window area and wound up with a similar droop. I like that its smaller than a Mustang and should offer comprable power and RWD. Looks good, i dont think it will ever get Mustang type sales, nor will it be much of a direct sales thread but its a nice looking car that has alot of performance potential.

the beltline droop is the reverse mirror image of the Superdutys.....these guys copy EVERYTHING! ...actually aside fronm the weird side window treatment car looks pretty good...hard to beleive how far Hyundai styling has come....

http://www.leftlanenews.com/hyundai-genesis-coupe.html

This is Hyundai's 'pony car'. Honestly it doesnt look that bad IMO.

I dont like the odd beltline thing for the rear windows (behind doors). Overall it looks good though.

The front, from this angle, to me, looks a little bit like the new Maserati GranTurismo.

I bet it'll do just as well as that other quirky-looking ponycar:

1969_AMC_Javelin_BBO_Big_Bad_Orange-NJ.jpg

At risk of turning the new Tiburon into a Cobalt/Cavalier clone, I made the following low-quality 'chop to illustrate a look that I would still find more appealing than what Hyundai has there currently:

hyundai_tiburon_revised.jpg

Or try: http://startravel.htmlplanet.com/revised_tiburon.html

I'm sure the "professional" designers could have put a bit more uptick angle in the bottom part of the window, or a slightly different end point, but anything would be better than the way they laid out that "bulge".

I think a bulge could have even worked, had they found a way to smooth out the abrupt curve by the door post.

( If the image doesn't show, click on the alternate link above. I've gotta find a better place to stick this kind of stuff than on my daughter's lousy freeservers.com school project website! :lol: )

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine