Toyota's latest TV adds!

8A4RE

I am sick and tired of all the new Toyota commercials suggesting consumers wreck their American vehicles. Are they trying to encourage insurance fraud or something? There is four adds so far that I have seen, and all of them suggest destroying "big three" built vehicles in order to participate in the Toyotathon Phenomenon sale. The insurance companies must be really loving those adds about now! :redcard::redcard:

Edited by 8A4RE

I've seen them too. It seems to me that if you were going to run adds like that, you would destroy your own cars (that would be the politically correct thing to do)! But hell, if it were me I'd have Ford running the same type of commercials, except I would show the crumpled up Tundra's and the tail-gates breaking. I'd show people that driving that jap crap is going to get you killed, so come in to your local Ford dealership and buy a car made of steel instead of aluminum foil!

Edited by Mark8LSC CE0464

I've seen them too. It seems to me that if you were going to run adds like that, you would destroy your own cars (that would be the politically correct thing to do)! But hell, if it were me I'd have Ford running the same type of commercials, except I would show the crumpled up Tundra's and the tail-gates breaking. I'd show people that driving that jap crap is going to get you killed, so come in to your local Ford dealership and buy a car made of steel instead of aluminum foil!

curious, isnt it illegal to use another manufactors product in commericals like that?

Beyond the insurance fraud issue, I wondered what this says about Toyota dealers. Not only will I mark $8k off in rebates on our newest TURD, we will give you so little for your trade in, you might as well trash your old vehicle.

Sorry, these adds do nothing to make me want to visit a Toyota lot...

Beyond the insurance fraud issue, I wondered what this says about Toyota dealers. Not only will I mark $8k off in rebates on our newest TURD, we will give you so little for your trade in, you might as well trash your old vehicle.

Sorry, these adds do nothing to make me want to visit a Toyota lot...

i will never, never buy a toyota, honda or nissian... they may be better, but its just a personal preference.

better yet...just show its LAUGHABLE showing at Fords torture track....

I would just do an ad like I see on the road in real life so many times. Two people in American cars on the side of the road after a fender bender talking on cell phones and a lady trapped in a civic waiting for the fire department to cut her out reading 'and grandma though she was going to keep her legs her whole life, buy a Ford'. Or one with all the hopped up civic crashes with the commercial reading 'if you don't want your teenagers to die a horribly painful death, buy a Ford' You know, something like that...

Or maybe just show a 'five star' fit hitting an F150 in an offset crash with obvious obliteration of the honda, saying 'five-stars is a false sense of security with some automakers-buy a Ford'...

Or just have someone pull an ATV up a ramp on a Tundra and let it crush down backwards, and the group of guys standing around go 'what a piece of shi-' like the VW ads. for something a little less intense... :) Even just showing the truck breaking in a whole bunch of stress tests, but put the duct tape on the emblem and paint them all Mary Kay pink, and hire the 'Mac' guy to drive them.

Even GM has the balls to make fun of itself, in the new Malibu ads with the 'invisible car' they were using their own last-gen cars.

Edited by kevinb120

I've seen those ads. It makes me want to go spend a few hundred dollars on some junky Toyota and smash the living hell out of it then go to a Ford dealership and get $3000 for it! Push, pull or tow! It's worth $3,000 toward a new or used Ford! :woohoo:

How about pulling a jacka-s stunt and rent a Camry to enter into a Demo Durby!

• 2 weeks later...
I am sick and tired of all the new Toyota commercials suggesting consumers wreck their American vehicles. Are they trying to encourage insurance fraud or something? There is four adds so far that I have seen, and all of them suggest destroying "big three" built vehicles in order to participate in the Toyotathon Phenomenon sale. The insurance companies must be really loving those adds about now! :redcard::redcard:

I've seen these commercials. They're very annoying.

I better not see one of these stupid ads destroying a Mustang!

So far I have these Fords destroyed in these BS ads:

Ford Explorer

Ford Ranger (actually a Mazda B series...same truck though...we know who the ad was really targeting)

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

The GM's seem all seem to be Oldmobiles

I wonder why Ford never made commercials for their trucks using ad footage of the Tundra Catapult ad....all the worker's trucks in the background were Fords of different model years!

Edited by JohnnyChingas

fellas.....the word you are looking for is "Ad", as in short for "Advertisement"

Most are using "Add" as in "additional".....

We now return to the Toyota "bash-a-thon" , I liked the commercials Ford used to run showing them carrying Chevys and Dodges up "cinder-block mountain", and hell, Ford had an F-150 ad where they crushed it themselves with bulldozers to show the strength of the frame. You know Mother Toyota would never to that!!!