Beautiful new Ford sedan

P71_CrownVic

Geneva 2008: Ford gives Mondeo, S-Max new diesel, more options

mondeo_p_450-op.jpg

Along with the production Fiesta and Kuga, Ford will be debuting a new diesel at next month's Geneva Motor Show. The 2.2-liter four-cylinder produces 175 hp and 295 lb.-ft. of torque at an ultra-low 1,750 rpm. The new oilburner is a third generation common rail setup that uses Bosch's piezoelectric injectors and will find its way into the 2009 Ford Mondeo, S-Max and Galaxy van. The new engine also boasts an intelligent oil monitoring system that keeps tabs on atmospheric conditions and driver behavior, and then recommends when an oil change should be made – up to 12,000 miles.

Ford will also be introducing the new Galaxy Titanium package for both the Mondeo and S-Max, which includes a few new features inside and out. The optional pack comes with five-spoke, 17-inch alloys held on by a sports-tuned suspension, automatic wipers, power operated and heated wing mirrors, "Quickclear" heated windshield and Alcantara sport seats.

It seems someone heard our conversation on heated windshields. Too bad we are not worthy.

09_mondeo_tit_s_1280_1.jpg

What a beautiful car. If it were on sale tomorrow, I would be first in line to buy three.

AB

Edited by P71_CrownVic

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems someone heard our conversation on heated windshields. Too bad we are not worthy.

I agree! The Explorer is the only NA product to get the option, what about the Edge and F-150, oh and toss in a heated steering wheel while your at it! Apparently Ford engineers live in a part of Michigan where is dosen't get cold or snow!

They charge $300 for the windshield on the Explorer, BMW charges $150 for the steering wheel, Heated Seats and Mirrors cost $150 on the old Focus. Toss in remote start that turns it all on for a total of $800 and you have the ultimate winter package for someone living in a cold climate!

I don't have to scrape my window, my wiper blades don't get snow build up as the windshield is heated, I can see out my mirrors and my seat and hands are warm! Those features would sell cars.

09_mondeo_tit_s_1280_1.jpg

What a beautiful car. If it were on sale tomorrow, I would be first in line to buy three.

AB

That is nice looking.

Too bad I hate Bosch injectors so much. Especially the Piezo. But what ever.

That is some good power though I don't think I want my Driving Behavior monitored. I'm not 16 anymore! :)

Peace and Blessings

Mark this the day that P71 actually praises and says he would buy a FWD midsize sedan. :o

LOL, we have the Mondeo down here AND this little Beauty is fully revealed Sunday 12 noon,

That's Saturday night in North America, I'll see what I can do to get some pics to post.

IMG_0001t.jpg

I thought these cars were like $30,000+ (base price, no options)

I can think of other cars that I'd sooner spend 30K for.

Not denying its beauty, however.

Nah!,

In the rest of the world, Mondeo is similar price to Mazda 6

so figure on about that price structure for your local market.

I love the Mondeo, if you watch shows like Top Gear and other British car shows, they rave about it. Its a great looking car and it's just another reason why Ford is doing worse and worse in the North American market.

Ford's retail share in the NA market has been relatively flat, not getting "worse and worse", and for all those bitching and moaning about the Mondeo not being here, take the freaking blinders off already and listen to the people telling you over and over that the Fusion and Mondeo will be the SAME CAR in their next generations.....just like the Focus....just like the Fiesta....just like the Kuga.....

Ford's retail share in the NA market has been relatively flat, not getting "worse and worse", and for all those bitching and moaning about the Mondeo not being here, take the freaking blinders off already and listen to the people telling you over and over that the Fusion and Mondeo will be the SAME CAR in their next generations.....just like the Focus....just like the Fiesta....just like the Kuga.....

Well at the dealership I work at, just about 65% of the vehicles we sell are trucks. Nobody around here likes the new Ford vehicles. Fusion sales were up a bit during the summer, but that was about it. We haven't even sold one of those new Focus' yet. If they had something nice like the new generation Mondeo, I have a feeling that it would sell so much better. So whats Ford going to do, ditch the whole '3 bar grill' trademark or are they going to create a design that is more like the current Mondeo and Ford Fiesta?

No you wouldn't. You would wait until they have 80,000 miles and have been abused for 3 1/2 years as a service vehicle first. Admit it.

Took the words out of my keyboard.

Isn't the Mondeo used as a cop car in UK? That would explain why he'd buy three of them!

Edited by LincolnFan

Well at the dealership I work at, just about 65% of the vehicles we sell are trucks. Nobody around here likes the new Ford vehicles. Fusion sales were up a bit during the summer, but that was about it. We haven't even sold one of those new Focus' yet.

Thats the problem, your looking at the market though your little part of the world...if your selling in Texas, I'd expect Trucks to sell better then Foci, and Foci to sell better on the coasts of the US...try looking at the whole picture then your narrow view of things...its easy to do, but what sells in say Texas won't fly very well in Southern California or East Coast...

If they had something nice like the new generation Mondeo, I have a feeling that it would sell so much better.

While the Mondeo is a good looking car, it doesn't offer a V6 thats a Must have in the mid-sized market in the US. Most of the time people see cars from Europe and have a case of the Grass is Greener on the other side syndrome. On the flip-side, the Camry was a sales flop in Europe, but yet its best selling car in the US.

With that being said, when the Mondeo and Fusion merge together in a couple years, we'll hopefully have the best of both worlds

So whats Ford going to do, ditch the whole '3 bar grill' trademark or are they going to create a design that is more like the current Mondeo and Ford Fiesta?

They are supposed to Merge the Euro Kinentic design with the Ford NA "Dave" look in the near future. The Verve concept at Detroit had a tri-bar grill, it just didn't have the fat chrome strips on it like the Edge, Fusion and Taurus have.

I thought these cars were like $30,000+ (base price, no options)

I can think of other cars that I'd sooner spend 30K for.

Not denying its beauty, however.

You don't know what they would sell for...they don't sell them here.

No you wouldn't. You would wait until they have 80,000 miles and have been abused for 3 1/2 years as a service vehicle first. Admit it.

Ya got me...tard.gif

Edited by P71_CrownVic

The Mondeo is a great looking car, but as much as you all complain about the Fusion's lack of horsepower...... you'd run into the exact same issue with the Mondeo. Unless a D35 fits under the hood, Ford would be chastised as being non-competitive.

Also how do these compare to the Fusion from an interior dimensions stand point? You can't expect people to pay Camry/Malibu/Accord prices when all of those cars fit 5 fairly comfortably.

The Mondeo is a great looking car, but as much as you all complain about the Fusion's lack of horsepower...... you'd run into the exact same issue with the Mondeo. Unless a D35 fits under the hood, Ford would be chastised as being non-competitive.

Also how do these compare to the Fusion from an interior dimensions stand point? You can't expect people to pay Camry/Malibu/Accord prices when all of those cars fit 5 fairly comfortably.

1. Fusion and Mondeo are moving to a common platform

2. The majority of Fusions sold are 4 cylinder versions, only a few V6s are sold.

3. Mondeo is available with 2.5 Gas Turbo I-5 for a performance lift

4. Mondeo interior is slightly bigger than Fusion - feels huge, sedan has a 18.9 cu ft trunk.

5. In the rest of the world, Mondeo is the same price as the Mazda 6.

I had the chance to see the new Mazda 6 and Mondeo at the same motor show two weeks ago,

I would pick the same price Mondeo every time.

2. The majority of Fusions sold are 4 cylinder versions, only a few V6s are sold.

Say what? That might be the case with the Accord and Camry but not the Fusion...esp with the current setup with the 2.3L and Automatic.

I know Ford was suprised at the take rate of the I4 Fusion, but I'm willing to bet that only 20-30% of Fusion sales are I4 models.