Why pick on Honda?

Seeing that you don't hear much from Honda about their vehicles, whereas Toyota is trying to brainwash everyone about being built here in America(TUNDRA!!), I wonder why anyone would pick on them on here............

even though Honda also builds engines(the worlds largest engine maker they are), lawnmowers, snowthrowers, motorcycles(how they got started) and ATVs, generators, water pumps, outboard motors and now airplanes and Personal Watercraft. And they don't gloat about it alot. If this was Toyota, you would never hear the end of it....... :banghead:

That's why I like Hondas more than any Toyota out there anyday!!!!!!!!!!!! :shades:

Love Honda. I, unlike many, like the new Accord, but I'm not a fan of new Acuras or what I've seen of the upcoming Pilot. Used to buy Honda ATVs, but they are very expensive and down on power. Kawasaki replaced them for that in our house.

I too like Hondas/Acuras. I owned an Acura a few years back. What I don't like is their current styling direction. I think they've lost their way.

So instead of somebody telling you to your face they're going to cut your throat, you'd rather them do it secretly?

"And they don't gloat about it alot"

Well of course not, sneak in quietly and deny your presents to your enemy, and when they sleep, attack.

You sir are "asleep"

Honda will do the same as toyota or nissan or any other foreign company, don't be so nieve.

I too like Hondas/Acuras. I owned an Acura a few years back. What I don't like is their current styling direction. I think they've lost their way.

=1...had a cls coupe...liked it apart from heavy FWD steering and torque steer...FABULOUS engine/ ride compromise...and fantastic sounds....but man has their styling gone wayside the new RL is awful, and the Accord.....eeeek! Coupe is bearable but the sedan.....

If Honda made something that I wanted, then by all means I'd be driving one. Honda has produced some of my favorite cars, such as the last gen Accord coupe and the last gen Prelude. Their higher hp 4 cylinders (those found in the TSX and Accord) are phenomenal, and while I don't think their interiors are all that great to look at they are assembled very well. Ford could really stand to learn a thing or two from Honda.

My issues with Honda these days stem with their wacky styling and my total distrust of their 5 speed autos when connected to 6 cylinder engines.

Honda has stayed true to their game, perfecting where they started stateside. Toyota on the other hand ..... well lets give them a few years and see how well they are doing then.

So instead of somebody telling you to your face they're going to cut your throat, you'd rather them do it secretly?

"And they don't gloat about it alot"

Well of course not, sneak in quietly and deny your presents to your enemy, and when they sleep, attack.

You sir are "asleep"

Honda will do the same as toyota or nissan or any other foreign company, don't be so nieve.

Far from it............by the way, I wonder what products you have that were foreign-made, such as your TV and DVD player?

=1...had a cls coupe...liked it apart from heavy FWD steering and torque steer...FABULOUS engine/ ride compromise...and fantastic sounds....but man has their styling gone wayside the new RL is awful, and the Accord.....eeeek! Coupe is bearable but the sedan.....

I agree, some of their styling leaves you scratching your head............... :headscratch:

If Honda made something that I wanted, then by all means I'd be driving one. Honda has produced some of my favorite cars, such as the last gen Accord coupe and the last gen Prelude. Their higher hp 4 cylinders (those found in the TSX and Accord) are phenomenal, and while I don't think their interiors are all that great to look at they are assembled very well. Ford could really stand to learn a thing or two from Honda.

My issues with Honda these days stem with their wacky styling and my total distrust of their 5 speed autos when connected to 6 cylinder engines.

Honda has stayed true to their game, perfecting where they started stateside. Toyota on the other hand ..... well lets give them a few years and see how well they are doing then.

I agree with the 5 speed auto thing.......our 2006 Civic sometimes is a little bit jerky when it's cold, but it's nothing major and it goes away after a couple of minutes...and that's a 4-banger it's hooked to.......great fuel economy though.

And I like the Accord coupes, CRV's and the Civic SI.......the Civic sedan= :shrug:..the Fit is too small ......the Element and the Pilot is so-so :confused: , and the Ridgeline takes some real getting used to at certain angles :eek5:......and even though I'm not into vans, the Odyssey looks ok.

Edited by CivicDuty2007

Far from it............by the way, I wonder what products you have that were foreign-made, such as your TV and DVD player?

I agree, some of their styling leaves you scratching your head............... :headscratch:

I agree with the 5 speed auto thing.......our 2006 Civic sometimes is a little bit jerky when it's cold, but it's nothing major and it goes away after a couple of minutes...and that's a 4-banger it's hooked to.......great fuel economy though.

And I like the Accord coupes, CRV's and the Civic SI.......the Civic sedan= :shrug:..the Fit is too small ......the Element and the Pilot is so-so :confused: , and the Ridgeline takes some real getting used to at certain angles :eek5:......and even though I'm not into vans, the Odyssey looks ok.

Honda for the most part makes a very good car. I've aways appreciated the Honda driving experience, they generally have a high quality feel, good NVH and a very good ride and handling compromise. In many ways the are similar to the newer Fords in overall demeanor.

I wouldn't buy a Honda, but at least when I see someone driving a Honda I don't immediately think "brainwashed lemming" like I do when I see Toyota drivers. :)

Honda for the most part makes a very good car. I've aways appreciated the Honda driving experience, they generally have a high quality feel, good NVH and a very good ride and handling compromise. In many ways the are similar to the newer Fords in overall demeanor.

I wouldn't buy a Honda, but at least when I see someone driving a Honda I don't immediately think "brainwashed lemming" like I do when I see Toyota drivers. :)

Seems that Hondas reputation has been earned, not forced on you, as is the case with Toyotas and their neverending quest to brainwash you into thinking their way :gang: !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hondas are better than Toyotas IMHO. There's a driver's car underneath.

But the new Accord is too big (talk about bad timing!) looks too much like a bangle-butt BMW (don't like them either). I like the rear 3/4 of the Civic coupe. I loath the Ridgeline. The Element is OK.

I miss the CRX!

Seeing that you don't hear much from Honda about their vehicles, whereas Toyota is trying to brainwash everyone about being built here in America(TUNDRA!!), I wonder why anyone would pick on them on here............

even though Honda also builds engines(the worlds largest engine maker they are), lawnmowers, snowthrowers, motorcycles(how they got started) and ATVs, generators, water pumps, outboard motors and now airplanes and Personal Watercraft. And they don't gloat about it alot. If this was Toyota, you would never hear the end of it....... :banghead:

That's why I like Hondas more than any Toyota out there anyday!!!!!!!!!!!! :shades:

"Brain washing"? :redcard:

The Tundra is made in the U.S.A.... and it is one of the top % of American contents vehicles sold by anyone. :hysterical:

"Brain washing"? :redcard:

The Tundra is made in the U.S.A.... and it is one of the top % of American contents vehicles sold by anyone. :hysterical:

Why are you so hung up on this? The Tundra is assembled in the USA, not made in the USA. The so-called "American" contents consist of parts that are made from foreign sourced materials with foreign sourced tooling that was designed (and sometimes built) in Japan. I've seen it first hand (the company I work for is in the tool & die business). They throw us a token order here & there, but most of their tooling to make the parts for the Tundra comes from Japan. For example, the frame rails & cross members come via rail from Mexico then it gets "assembled" in San Antonio, then it becomes a "Made in the USA" part. What a freakin' joke...

The lesser of two evils is definitely Honda. Toyota has been nothing short of an automotive cancer invading every Ford model and mutating its own bland version. They have been riding Ford's jock and copying designs since inception particularly when it came to building trucks.

I'm not a big fan of Honda either. However, I am a big fan of 4 door sport coupes like the last gen Integras and the current TSX. No manufacturer currently offers a decently priced 4 door coupe like the TSX/Integra. Although they may not be true "4 door Coupes" like the Mercedes CLS they are derived from a stretched coupe chassis and share many of the same underpinnings. The application is quite exotic resulting in car with the handling and performance of a coupe while still having the capabilities of a four door. And my TSX has one wicked four banger all while getting 30 MPGs!! :shades:

Why are you so hung up on this? The Tundra is assembled in the USA, not made in the USA. The so-called "American" contents consist of parts that are made from foreign sourced materials with foreign sourced tooling that was designed (and sometimes built) in Japan. I've seen it first hand (the company I work for is in the tool & die business). They throw us a token order here & there, but most of their tooling to make the parts for the Tundra comes from Japan. For example, the frame rails & cross members come via rail from Mexico then it gets "assembled" in San Antonio, then it becomes a "Made in the USA" part. What a freakin' joke...

The same issue is applied to the Big 3 vehicles. An increase % of parts that are made outside of the U.S.A are being put on U.S.A made cars and trucks from the Big 3.

Ive just never cared for Hondas as far as feel and especially the interiors. Civics and Accords have always felt alot cheaper to me than their holier than thou rep leads them to be. The last Honda that had a nice interior was an RL that we were repairing at a body shop i used to work at. I have several thousand miles logged in a 98 Accord that had an interior that was falling apart and AC that just felt weak as hell. I have a friend with an 03 Accord that i just cant get comfy in, and both his and my girlfriend's Accord (hers is an 07) vibrate at higher freeway speeds for no reason. They arent bad cars, but they arent quite the cat's ass.

Why pick on Honda?

Honda offers no vehicle that interests me. They don't have an affordable RWD, V8-powered vehicle. The S2000 is too expensive and too high strung for my tastes. (I prefer torque to horsepower any day.)

Also, I don't fit in Hondas. I don't think anyone over 6 feet tall fits well in a Honda.

Then there's the Ridgeline, a 5/8-scale Chevy Avalanche with all the graceless styling and none of the hauling/towing capacity.

"Vy you? Vy anybody?"--German guard in Slaughterhouse Five

Why pick on Honda?

Honda offers no vehicle that interests me. They don't have an affordable RWD, V8-powered vehicle. The S2000 is too expensive and too high strung for my tastes. (I prefer torque to horsepower any day.)

Also, I don't fit in Hondas. I don't think anyone over 6 feet tall fits well in a Honda.

Then there's the Ridgeline, a 5/8-scale Chevy Avalanche with all the graceless styling and none of the hauling/towing capacity.

"Vy you? Vy anybody?"--German guard in Slaughterhouse Five

I will agree with you there...............

Hondas aren't for everyone.......if you are a RWD fan, forget it.....the S2000 is a bit expensive......the Ridgeline looked to the Avalanche for inspiration, but if you want towing capacity, get the Chevy....

And I was sitting in a 2008 Civic coupe the other day...it had a sunroof, and because of that, NO HEADROOM...I am 6'1"...my Civic without the sunroof is roomier.

Why not pick on Honda? I really think the major reason Accord is not selling as well as expected is disappointing fuel mileage. It's a bigger vehicle and weighs almost as much as 2008 Taurus. It went from very good fuel mileage to good fuel mileage at bad time with fuel prices skyrocketing. I have heard a number of long time Accord owners bitch about fuel mileage on the new one. Bad timing on Honda's part. If the new Accord got better fuel mileage than previous model, it would have surpassed Camry in sales. Honda blew it.

Now if 2010 Fusion can increase its fuel mileage a couple of mpg and have more horsepower at same time, then Fusion should be able to work up to 17,000-20,000 sales/month especially with Fusion Hybrid. The Hybrid should get 40mpg in city and over 35mph on highway.

Speak of the devil......

My Momma got rear ended by a Mercedes in her Mustang so its at the body shop. Guess what her rental is?

07 Accord.

She called it "kind of rough and cheap feeling" and "its boring looking"

This is the same woman that took a 4Cyl Solara rental car back to Enterprise once because it was so slow she thought it was broken.

I've had a soft spot for Honda's for years now. My brother's old CRXsi was the cat's pajamas back in the day. Honda just has their power-trains down to a science. The engines are rock solid, and the transmissions are butter. Styling is usually a mixed bag, but better than most companies overall.

As far as driving experience, it's pretty hard to beat carving corners and redline shifts in an S2000. People here can cry "no torque" all day, but there is more to driving than straight line acceleration. It's quite a shame they are killing that car.

I've had 35K trouble-free miles in my Civic coupe. It gets good mileage, and makes dreary commutes in CA traffic bearable. It's a fun-to-drive little car.

(That being said, I will definitely be test driving the global focus when it rears it's head).

ive driven an S2000 before. Im a big fat guy but i managed to get in there somehow. Sure, theres no torque to speak of below 5000, but above that its a little screamer.

My buddy used to let me drive his, and he was 6'5 and pushing 300lbs. (With the top down he did kinda look like a big clown driving one of those little toy cars though :hysterical:)

It was the only car that I have ever driven that you put on like a glove. Oh man, that thing is hell and Jesus above 7K RPM. It has a great engine sound and exhaust note too.

Speak of the devil......

My Momma got rear ended by a Mercedes in her Mustang so its at the body shop. Guess what her rental is?

07 Accord.

She called it "kind of rough and cheap feeling" and "its boring looking"

This is the same woman that took a 4Cyl Solara rental car back to Enterprise once because it was so slow she thought it was broken.

Your mom is awesome! LOL