The Future of Small Trucks in America

mlhm5

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are right, will the Tundra be more of an American truck than the Ranger?

well the Ranger would be imported from the Americas so your answer is no.

now the answer to what you really meant, "would it be more domestice(US)" the answer is still no.

I'm sure the electric bill was pretty low on their list of reasons for or against closing it.

Well, it is the oldest plant...but I would think that having free electricity would be a reason for Ford to keep the property for something. That's a HUGE expense and would do a lot for their 'green' image. I am sure the maintenance on the dam that they own is far less than if they had to buy the electricity.

Ford is not profitable, has limited resources and cannot chase every market. They have decided to be a smaller profitable company and as part of that strategy will do whatever is necessary to keep the leadership position with the F-150 and stop the bleeding in the USA automotive sector.

I don't see Ford spending in money chasing a market that they have neglected.

Ford is not profitable, has limited resources and cannot chase every market. They have decided to be a smaller profitable company and as part of that strategy will do whatever is necessary to keep the leadership position with the F-150 and stop the bleeding in the USA automotive sector.

I don't see Ford spending in money chasing a market that they have neglected.

Apparently, for someone that knows a lot about the automotive sector and financial sector, you never really make sense.

First, it was because the TTAC said so. Then it was because Ford is closing Twin Cities, now it is Ford's neglect. Well neglect would indicate that Ford doesn't sell anything in the compact truck market, which they do. If anyone has neglected the segment it would be Toyota, Nissan and Dodge as their trucks are midsized.

It truly baffles me why you continue to post here and create really simple minded 'guessing game' threads.

If you are right, will the Tundra be more of an American truck than the Ranger?

You mean:

Tundra Vs. F150

T6 Vs. Tacoma

T6 is expected to manufactured in at least 4 locations around the globe with annual sales approaching

400,000 for it and the SUV variant. South Africa has been named as a site and will commence production in 2011.

It is expected that Global Ranger will be built in Asia, South America and possibly North America now that the Global

design has been adopted. I know this because Ford's recent integration of Broadmeadows with North America has resulted

in more discussions about parts sourcing and expanded use - Mulally has insisted on one global Ranger.

Not sniping at you mlhm5,

it's just that a lot of US websites are really ignorant of what is happening outside of North America.

Edited by jpd80

I disagree, the Ranger is more than adequate for almost all truck owners who don't need a 4-seater.

Despite Ford's typical "leave a once best seller on the vine to rot", the Ranger is still the best small truck sold in NA.

ALL Ford needs to do is offer a small diesel (180-220HP and 250-300Tq) in the Ranger and it would sell like crazy. Sales would be through the roof.

Despite Ford's typical "leave a once best seller on the vine to rot", the Ranger is still the best small truck sold in NA.

ALL Ford needs to do is offer a small diesel (180-220HP and 250-300Tq) in the Ranger and it would sell like crazy. Sales would be through the roof.

If only it were that simple. That would work for a couple years, but according to sources I've read, the Ranger will require a complete re-do to meet upcoming side impact crash standards. Not to mention the Ranger's interior is something out of the stone age.

Posting Superbowl "prediction gone wrong "pics over and over again is played out..............

Think of it as behavior modification of a Skinnerian sort. Repetition wears through the mental Teflon, and eventually, things stick and behavior changes. :)

Dearborn Announces Surprise Small Truck Decision

04/09/2008 12:45 pm

(AP) In a surprise, reactive move today, Ford Motor Company announced plans to repurchase their 1980 Courier model tooling and stamping presses from the eastern European country of Herzegovina, with plans to reintroduce the Courier to compete with the new entry from Mahindra.

Other than the listed year, the attached marketing materials will also be recycled and reused as well.

1.jpg

NOTE: "Free Wheelin'" accent stripes and "off road" accent bar are optional. The "off road" bar is not a load bearing device, and is to not be confused with an actual vehicle rollbar intended for occupant protection.

logo_ford_driveone_white.gif

:party2:

-Ovaltine

It would STILL be a better truck than the Mahindra POS. There are a few Couriers and Mazdas running around here in Pittsburgh.

If only it were that simple. That would work for a couple years, but according to sources I've read, the Ranger will require a complete re-do to meet upcoming side impact crash standards. Not to mention the Ranger's interior is something out of the stone age.

I must admit, that may be a bit of wishful thinking on my part...but the Ranger...even it it's neglected state...still puts the 'smack down' on the GM small "trucks". I rode in a Colorado once...and the only way to sum it up is, CRAP.