2010 Taurus (for real?)

RangerM

I'm seeing the offspring of a Mazda6 and Audi A4/A6. Comments?

Eh, to me it looks like most of the Audi (J Mays) influence is gone. Mazda6 perhaps a bit in the grille. As I said in another thread, I see a lot of Edge influence in the side detailing and some Mondeo/Fiesta in the lower fascia opening.

Eh, to me it looks like most of the Audi (J Mays) influence is gone. Mazda6 perhaps a bit in the grille. As I said in another thread, I see a lot of Edge influence in the side detailing and some Mondeo/Fiesta in the lower fascia opening.

I'm not seeing the Edge, but I also don't see any Mazda or Audi in it.

Well, if you have to see any Mazda, it would be the headlights, but thats about it.

I'm not seeing the Edge, but I also don't see any Mazda or Audi in it.

Well, the Edge I see is in the crease running along the side below the beltline and the depression that runs between the more pronounced wheel arches.

I really hope they put some sort of horizontal taillight array on this thing also. The more vertical lamps on the FH/Taurus gave it a pretty frumpy appearance from behind. Horizontal lines should help take away some of the bulk. I think that's why they went with such a horizontal headlight design instead of using something more like the recent "squircles".

I see the Mazda6 in the front facia (although with Mitsu Lancer headlights), and the side (especially windows) strikes me as 2008 Audi A4.

How do we know this isn't the upcoming Fusion? It's hard to tell the vehicle proportions and all from a picture. Nothing to compare it to. Don't get me wrong, I like the car. I'm just throwing out the question.

VERY easy to tell this isn't the Fusion. We know the 2010 Fusion will utilize the same greenhouse as the current one, plus the spy photos of the Fusion thus far have revealed an easily visible 3-bar grille and "squircle" headlight evolution.

VERY easy to tell this isn't the Fusion. We know the 2010 Fusion will utilize the same greenhouse as the current one, plus the spy photos of the Fusion thus far have revealed an easily visible 3-bar grille and "squircle" headlight evolution.

With all the remarks at how it looked like a Mondeo, I just thought who knows, maybe it is the smaller car like the Mondeo.

This is the Taurus as shown at the dealer meeting this week. I saw better pics of course but this is it. It has lots of creases and body lines. Very attractive...unlike the current one. Fusion looks like a very nice front end re-style (tougher and more round) and the Mustang has 69-70 Boss all over it.

This is the Taurus as shown at the dealer meeting this week. I saw better pics of course but this is it. It has lots of creases and body lines. Very attractive...unlike the current one. Fusion looks like a very nice front end re-style (tougher and more round) and the Mustang has 69-70 Boss all over it.

So if it's the 2010 Taurus, why are the dealers are seeing it at meetings now?

Edited by jpd80

I think it looks great, and should sell very well.

As I said in another Taurus thread, I'd love to see them put an interior similar to the new Falcon in it:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/ford-fg-fal...-series/646610/

man, Mullaly cried over this???????, must admit I was expecting something more "groundbreaking" Back from 2 weeks in Ireland....surrounded by small 5 speed cars by Peugeot, Citroen, Opel and Ford...Euro focus and higher line Mondeo ROCK!.....and DAMN the backroads are narrow and gas is 10 bux a gallon, no wonder small 5 speeds rule the roost...not a lot of large Luxury cars anywhere...lots of turbo diesels though....3 litres seemed to be the max....luxury Irish style...BMW 3.0 TDi

man, Mullaly cried over this???????, must admit I was expecting something more "groundbreaking" Back from 2 weeks in Ireland....surrounded by small 5 speed cars by Peugeot, Citroen, Opel and Ford...Euro focus and higher line Mondeo ROCK!.....and DAMN the backroads are narrow and gas is 10 bux a gallon, no wonder small 5 speeds rule the roost...not a lot of large Luxury cars anywhere...lots of turbo diesels though....3 litres seemed to be the max....luxury Irish style...BMW 3.0 TDi

Well, according to some people's opinion, compared to the current one (I happen to like the current one, but this is better), this one is 'eye watering' or whatever Mulally said.

I see Mondeo, and a lot of subtle Interceptor cues...mostly in its stance.

i see dead cars from the past.....

ford granada, Ford Mustang II, Ford Thunderbird 4 door all came to talk to me...

they all said Ford will out live GM and Toyota.

That Bill Ford will run for President of the USA and win 2 terms as he makes a new party called Ford!

Hay Uncle Bill can I have some more of that Kool-Aid of yours?

i see dead cars from the past.....

they all said Ford will out live GM and Toyota.

That Bill Ford will run for President of the USA and win 2 terms as he makes a new party called Ford!

Hay Uncle Bill can I have some more of that Kool-Aid of yours?

Instead, try lithium and/or thorazine, and with a little luck, those visions and voices you hear will go away. :)

Definitely see the Mazda and Mondeo in the front. The roofline still looks like old Audi/VW Passat, at least from this angle.

My neighbour who rents new and never buys new cars has just changed his Nissan in for a new silver Mondeo and l gotta say it's spooky how it looks almost identical to the new Taurus, l was also surprised how big the new Mondeo is.

My neighbour who rents new and never buys new cars has just changed his Nissan in for a new silver Mondeo and l gotta say it's spooky how it looks almost identical to the new Taurus, l was also surprised how big the new Mondeo is.

Tell you what is spooky,

Mondeo 2.3 auto = 227g/klm CO2

Falcon 4.0 auto = 240g/klm CO2

I know which one I'd rather have and it's not the 4 cylinder.