Farley Article in the NY Times

Excellent article, and #2 in e-mail popularity.

Snide comments from the moron above excepted, this is the kind of press that Ford has needed for years.

Negatards like we have here call it cheerleading, but what it really is, is a new perspective slowly growing. And every day, poisonous little minds like P71's get a little more ridiculous.

Good God...which one of the :cheerleader: wrote that...

Would you prefer that the people in charge at Ford go around wringing their hands and moaning about how many mistakes were made in the past? Farley has energized the company and the dealer body. Ford has some great products in the showroom and more coming. The future is bright despite the challenging marketplace. You cannot lead a company into the future without optimism.

Farley is enthusiastic, optimistic and committed to Ford's success. He is one of the best things to happen to Ford in 40 years.

I guess you won't be satisfied until Farley announces the new Panther.

The reason this article is more balanced than most stuff coming out of the NY Times, in my opinion, is because it seems to focus its spotlight more on Jim Farley and less on Ford as a whole. It's a lot easier for somebody to praise a person than a company that is struggling.

Farley seems to be the best thing to happen to Ford in a long long time, he is a genuine car guy, not just some businessman that doesn't know a thing about cars or Fords.

Farley combines two rare attributes that are very important to Ford's success going forward: business sense AND passion. A lot of the old guys that operated at Ford had some degree of business sense, but they simply didn't have the passion to back it up. Or, those who did have passion, were so out of touch with their consumers that they just had Ford produce whatever they wanted instead of what consumers wanted. The old push strategy should have been gone years ago.

Farley definitely embraces the pull model. Farley has his heartstrings attached to this company and he's working as hard as he can to right the ship. I applaud the guy - he's done a ton to improve morale at Ford - far more, from what I've heard, than even Alan Mullaly.

Edited by SVT_MAN

The reason this article is more balanced than most stuff coming out of the NY Times, in my opinion, is because it seems to focus its spotlight more on Chris Farley and less on Ford as a whole. It's a lot easier for somebody to praise a person than a company that is struggling.

I only remember Chris Farley being mentioned once....

:P

I only remember Chris Farley being mentioned once....

:P

My bad. I meant Jim of course ... I'm trying to finish the several projects I have for school and I'm staying sane only by posting here :P (Hard to believe that is possible with all you nuts :hysterical: I kid. I kid. :P)

Edited by SVT_MAN

Farley at Toyota - Quiet guy making cautious statements---> He delivered big time

Farley at Ford - More outspoken. Really Enthusiastic ---> Time will tell if he will deliver big time

Oh of course. Now that he's at Ford and happy about it, his credentials are questionable... :rolleyes:

Excellent article, and #2 in e-mail popularity.

Snide comments from the moron above excepted, this is the kind of press that Ford has needed for years.

Negatards like we have here call it cheerleading, but what it really is, is a new perspective slowly growing. And every day, poisonous little minds like P71's get a little more ridiculous.

Excellent article, could have been worse, Thomas L. Friedman could have penned it.

How long since Ford had true believers that could envigorate a room full of people

instilling in them a new found puropse with focus and drive.

It might sound a bit gospel hall but, this is how movement and change happens,

it starts with people believing in what they're doing and faith in the people making it happen.

Now go make the plan work.

Farley definitely embraces the pull model. Farley has his heartstrings attached to this company and he's working as hard as he can to right the ship. I applaud the guy - he's done a ton to improve morale at Ford - far more, from what I've heard, than even Alan Mullaly.

Perhaps his job entails more than just marketing to customers; it includes marketing to employees :)