MKS 1st Drive

Bigbuck15

Agreed, the review sucked.

- They didn't declare the MKS the best car ever.

- They didn't say it's pointless to buy a Bimmer now.

- They didn't spend the entire review praising the MKS non-stop.

- They did not write the review as a rewritten press release, someone fire this guy.

- They did not write the review as a rewritten press release, someone fire this guy.

Way to go there, Bill O'Reilly. Great job knocking down the straw man nobody set up.

They're was no review. Even in your twisted reality, that should be somewhat apparent.

Tough cowd at BON, I thought her perspective was that of an ordinary person on a test drive.

Sure the review might be light on detail for the rivet counters but I think the MKS is all about experience.

You may as well describe chocolate - just go drive the thing yourselves and enjoy it.

My favorite parts:

It rides low enough to the road that I'd be concerned about scraping its cute-as-a-penny bottom in more than a few steep driveways

-Cute as a button? :hysterical:

the design guys kept droning on and on and on about their new paint color "tuxedo black," which contains bits of glass to make it sparkle in a different way

-Paint? Of all the things they could say about the Lincoln Taurus...they talk about paint? Not looking good for the MKTaurus. :hysterical:

But it really does look like they poured glitter in the paint, though, so I felt like maybe it wasn't a total "old person" car.

-Way to go Lincoln. You have a car that has a paint job as tacky as the glittery bass boats. :hysterical:

I got to play with the gadgets — it didn't read my off-brand MP3 player

-Well, what can you expect for $46k? :hysterical:

The seat blows cold air on your butt, which feels good for about a minute before it feels weird to have cold puffs of air constantly assaulting your ass and thighs.

-Again, not looking good. :hysterical:

For as big as it looked on the outside, it wasn't really all that spacious.

-Oh darn... :hysterical:

I was able to get the MKS's seat adjusted to a point where I didn't feel like the air bag would kill me in a collision

-Hey, there's a selling point. :hysterical:

On a 20 gallon tank, we went somewhat less than 200 miles on back roads (most of which was not in traffic, thankfully) and used up about half a tank,

-Oh darn again... :hysterical:

And those gauges...whoever decided to put the corporate gauge cluster in the near-luxury cars should be fired. Even near-luxury cars should have a nicer gauge cluster than that of a (out of) Focus...

Tough cowd at BON, I thought her perspective was that of an ordinary person on a test drive.

Sure the review might be light on detail for the rivet counters but I think the MKS is all about experience.

You may as well describe chocolate - just go drive the thing yourselves and enjoy it.

I think the consumer will respond more favorably to the car than critics. It's not going to be the next 300C or CTS darling, but it should meet Ford's modest goals.

My favorite parts:

-Cute as a button? :hysterical:

-Paint? Of all the things they could say about the Lincoln Taurus...they talk about paint? Not looking good for the MKTaurus. :hysterical:

-Way to go Lincoln. You have a car that has a paint job as tacky as the glittery bass boats. :hysterical:

-Well, what can you expect for $46k? :hysterical:

-Again, not looking good. :hysterical:

-Oh darn... :hysterical:

-Hey, there's a selling point. :hysterical:

-Oh darn again... :hysterical:

And those gauges...whoever decided to put the corporate gauge cluster in the near-luxury cars should be fired. Even near-luxury cars should have a nicer gauge cluster than that of a (out of) Focus...

P to totally blast ALL your retorts, realize this is a lady ( sorry, sexist ) that drives/ is used to a Corolla and intimidated by any other type of vehicle.... .....

P to totally blast ALL your retorts, realize this is a lady ( sorry, sexist ) that drives/ is used to a Corolla and intimidated by any other type of vehicle.... .....

And a crappy off-brand MP3 player stuffed with low-bitrate MP3's. The height of sonic quality.

IMHO, the MK S is going to be more successful than people have expected. One, it doesn't have a V-8, but AWD is available, and two, it doesn't look like a Cadillac DTS or CTS and it doesn't look like a Japanese ego-sled, and 3, with the US dollar at its current value, a lot of non-enthusiast German car buyers that are shopping E-class and 5-series will be paying attention. And a year from now, the turbos arrive.

Every day, it gets harder to be a negatard. :)

Not everyone wants a flashy race car. Luxury and horsepower are not necessarily the same thing.

There is a market for a quiet, smooth, good-looking (but not gaudy), car with lots of toys.

The 'reviewer' made it quite clear she's not in the target market for this kind of vehicle. She was obviously more interested in attempting to make humorous comments, than actually review the car.

IMHO, the MK S is going to be more successful than people have expected. One, it doesn't have a V-8, but AWD is available, and two, it doesn't look like a Cadillac DTS or CTS and it doesn't look like a Japanese ego-sled, and 3, with the US dollar at its current value, a lot of non-enthusiast German car buyers that are shopping E-class and 5-series will be paying attention. And a year from now, the turbos arrive.

You forgot the other good thing: P71 and pcsario hate it. Therefore it's almost guaranteed to be a success.

Wow, what stupid blond haired bitch wrote this? I don't wish to hit below the belt and bring out the obvious, but this reads like some Valley Girl review~! HORRIBLE. How old is this girl??

here you go..

http://chaoticmegan.blogspot.com/

I found this amusing from her review

Then they partnered me up with another to-remain-nameless reporter and we went rock-paper-scissors for who got to drive first and I lost, damn him. He started up the car and admitted he doesn't own one and never drives,

Well the review was pretty horrible, but the photographs of it in the tuxedo black make the car look great!

medium_2548126637_ae7d968641_o.jpg

I think the biggest problem with bloggers reviewing cars is that they try to hard to make it different then your run of the mill review and the actual review of the car is secondary to smart ass remarks...

Well, about the only thing I garnered from that "review" ................ is that she really doesn't care for having cold air blown up her ass.

Sometimes I am so embarassed to admit that I am a woman. After reading that............... yep, it is one of those times. No wonder all of my friends are guys.