Seen a flex

snooter

I thought it looks much smaller in person than I gathered from photos before seeing it

white in color and it looks good...long as the mileage is tits those are going to sell.it was far bigger then i thought but it looks very nice....if the initial quality is there ford should have no problem keeping the flex plant humming

I saw one at Costco yesterday. Ice Blue single tone, mid-level trim with cloth seats, and Sync for $30k before the Costco discount. I think it looks larger in person. It seems much longer and wider than my Explorer. I have only seen one on the street so far although most of the dealers around here have only 1-2 on the lot.

I saw one at Costco yesterday. Ice Blue single tone, mid-level trim with cloth seats, and Sync for $30k before the Costco discount. I think it looks larger in person. It seems much longer and wider than my Explorer. I have only seen one on the street so far although most of the dealers around here have only 1-2 on the lot.

Costco sells cars?

I thought it looks much smaller in person than I gathered from photos before seeing it

yeah, its the same size as a Taurus X

Which really disappoints me. I ssee this as a waste of engineering resources. They could have just facelifted the TX and saved a bunch of cash

yeah, its the same size as a Taurus X

Which really disappoints me. I ssee this as a waste of engineering resources. They could have just facelifted the TX and saved a bunch of cash

It basically IS a refresh of the Taurus X, only slightly longer and wider. Much of the platform and powertrains are carryover.

I wss wondering what the Costco price would be compared to X-Plan. I won't be looking until next year Flex with EcoBoost is a possibility. I will do a pricing comparison before I buy one. I love shopping at Costco.

we USED to be signed up...pricing is a little above X-plan, but dependent on the vehicle...but they ( Cosco ) had their hands out too much charging ludicrous amounts for questionable results, and with what we were expected to pay them monthly ( in order to be "privilidged" to represent THEM ) the program was fiscally great for them not so much for the dealer....AND the customers were BEYOND demanding...in this business it is NOT what you know but whom....Cosco IS great for certain items, IMO cars is NOT one of them....( or TV's for that matter, but that is a different story...a certain high end Plazma manufacturer no longer sells thru Cosco due to the facts that corners had to be cut to appese Cosco's EXPECTED pricing )

we USED to be signed up...pricing is a little above X-plan, but dependent on the vehicle...but they ( Cosco ) had their hands out too much charging ludicrous amounts for questionable results, and with what we were expected to pay them monthly ( in order to be "privilidged" to represent THEM ) the program was fiscally great for them not so much for the dealer....AND the customers were BEYOND demanding...in this business it is NOT what you know but whom....Cosco IS great for certain items, IMO cars is NOT one of them....( or TV's for that matter, but that is a different story...a certain high end Plazma manufacturer no longer sells thru Cosco due to the facts that corners had to be cut to appese Cosco's EXPECTED pricing )

From what I've heard it's typically a few hundred over invoice. Not the best deal but not terrible.

From what I've heard it's typically a few hundred over invoice. Not the best deal but not terrible.

car dependent but definitely no better than one can easily attain at the frachaised dealer ( and what REALLY chapped me is how Cosco made out it was our PRIVILIDGE to serve them whilst collecting an outrageous check every month )...never ceases to amaze me how some customers are more comfortatble with middlemen than the actual supplier...can't blame some as i have heard horror stories...but I will re-itterate...it is NOT what you know but who....

No No, I didn't buy the MKX through Costco, I bought it because of Costco. I need the cargo capacity for my weekly Costco hauls ;).

just tryin to wind me up weren't you?....with those guys its all about THEIR bottom line, venders beware....great for the public, but anyone that deals with them in a business manner bewAre

just tryin to wind me up weren't you?....with those guys its all about THEIR bottom line, venders beware....great for the public, but anyone that deals with them in a business manner bewAre

I think Wal-Mart wrote the book on "demanded price point" manufacturing. But as far as that goes, you could remove the word "Costco" from your statement and fill in the blank with probably any major retailer (except maybe Sears/Kmart) :ohsnap:

I have only seen a few on the roads so far.....my former soccer coach has one though, he loves it.

I did not know that. Interesting.

I didn't know that either.

Edited by rmc523

Lols U watch Adult Swim :D

oh and to stay on topic ive seen them on the Dealer lots in passing they dont look as big as i thought!

It's surprising how small they look, the low height probably has something to do with it. There was a beautiful white Flex in the dealership in the middle of San Fran. across from the toyota dealership.

• 2 weeks later...
oh and to stay on topic ive seen them on the Dealer lots in passing they dont look as big as i thought!

I had a white one parked next to my Mustang...I was like oh cool a Flex...and then went...where hell is my car...it was hiding it..but its not as long as I thought it was going to be...