Where's the Bottom?

In Metro Detroit today, some gas stations are selling gas under $3.00. A couple gas stations are selling it for $2.97. Look for more drops tomorrow. I bought gas today for $3.09 at Shell station. This will definitely help inflation rates over coming months as demand is still falling. Remember, the stock market likes low inflation.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget what's coming up in less than four weeks too.....

I traditionally lean towards the right-wing, but the timing of this major price drop is slightly suspicious to me.

I know that much of it is probably linked to the economic meltdown going on right now, but......

I still say that the timing is suspect, and that oil companies are going to want to keep the Republicans in.

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

I traditionally lean towards the right-wing, but the timing of this major price drop is slightly suspicious to me.

I know that much of it is probably linked to the economic meltdown going on right now, but......

I still say that the timing is suspect, and that oil companies are going to want to keep the Republicans in.

-Ovaltine

Remember what happened before the election in 2006. Oil prices and fuel prices kept falling only to start rising again right after the election.

-Ovaltine

Not to mention that those disgusting speculators are saying that OPEC may cut production. They say though, that it will slow the decline of the cost of oil...but not that much.

This is where oil should be...that 140 a barrel is nowhere near a realistic price.

-Ovaltine

I would probably agree with you, except that the market is one of supply and demand right? Too much supply for the demand? The price drops. The production of gasoline and the oil it's made from is pretty high, they have us at like 110% supply for the demand. So the price is going to drop like a rock. Who isn't buying? China, at least in my opinion. The Olympics are over, they need to use down some of that reserve that they stock piled to make sure there was no interuption during the games and they would loose face.

Nevermind the Joe Six Pack consumer. Everyone is holding their breath and not buying, as they are all scared. What major purchases have you made this year? Anything?

If the evening news reports are to be believed. Most (over 20%) of American families have put off major purchases. Credit has been restricted, home mortgages are turned down if there isn't 20% downpayment to go with the purchase agreement... I'm sure you have all heard the litany. Bottom line is that prices are high for everything, and the consumer isn't buying. The retailers have to move product. The result is lower prices, for everything except electric energy and even that will come down. Even groceries, eventually.

Edited by jonas1022