fusion gets 3.5l

blazerdude20

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think the 2010 Fusion with 3.0 V6 will have more than 240hp since it has dual exhaust and Escape V6 doesn't. It should be worth about 20 extra hp bringing it to about 260hp or so. That should put 0-60 close or into 6 sec. territory. My Taurus with DOHC 3.0 V6 is rated at 200hp and present Fusion with dual exhaust is rated at 221hp.

The Head on the Fusions engine is different and has VVT compared to the Taurus. Thats where you extra 20hp comes from.

I talked to a 3.0 Engineer who stopped by the office today to pick up some parts for his Mustang. The 2010 3.0 in the Fusion/Milan will have between 240-250 hp and will get better gas mileage than the current 3.0(mine already does over 30mpg highway). The Heads on the PIP 3.0 are significantly different than the current one. Compression is raised, Intake is different, etc.

These are gonna be some nice vehicles that Ford is releasing. If I didnt know that the turbo engines were right around the corner, I might trade in my Zephyr for one. But my car is already faster than the 3.5 and gets better mileage so ill just wait a couple years til I can buy a turbo MKZ. lol

The Head on the Fusions engine is different and has VVT compared to the Taurus. Thats where you extra 20hp comes from.

I talked to a 3.0 Engineer who stopped by the office today to pick up some parts for his Mustang. The 2010 3.0 in the Fusion/Milan will have between 240-250 hp and will get better gas mileage than the current 3.0(mine already does over 30mpg highway). The Heads on the PIP 3.0 are significantly different than the current one. Compression is raised, Intake is different, etc.

These are gonna be some nice vehicles that Ford is releasing. If I didnt know that the turbo engines were right around the corner, I might trade in my Zephyr for one. But my car is already faster than the 3.5 and gets better mileage so ill just wait a couple years til I can buy a turbo MKZ. lol

A souped up Zephyr, huh. That's awesome. Definitely different. What does "far from stock" mean?

Thanks for the info. Yeah, my 2002 Taurus gets 28-30mpg highway and I find it peppy enough for my needs. It is the 24 valver and so far bulletproof. It is one, great engine and just runs and runs. It's over six years old now and never even has a minor hiccup. Engine has never been touched other than oil changes. Only maintenance is new fuel filter, new battery, and new coolant after flushing so far. I did have some minor rear brake issues, but that was fixed no problem. Great vehicle.

A souped up Zephyr, huh. That's awesome. Definitely different. What does "far from stock" mean?

It's not radically far from stock. lol. But here is the mod list.

EBC slotted and blind drilled rotors, front and Back. EBC red Stuff brake pads. H&R suspension. Magnaflow Exhaust. Steeda Intake. Lightweight accessory pulleys.Fluidampr Underdrive Crank Pulley. Custom 93 octane retune. 17 inch lightweight SSR's for winter and the track. 19 inch Privat Netz with Falken FK452's for the Summer.

Stock these cars run high 15's to 16 even in the 1/4@ around 88 mph. Mine is the heaviest fully loaded version. Im currently trapping 95 and running high 14's on my bald stock tires so im satisfied(at least for 2008.lol)

Summer mode...

n2215319_36688317_3382.jpg

Winter/Track mode

winterrear34.jpg

It's not radically far from stock. lol. But here is the mod list.

EBC slotted and blind drilled rotors, front and Back. EBC red Stuff brake pads. H&R suspension. Magnaflow Exhaust. Steeda Intake. Lightweight accessory pulleys.Fluidampr Underdrive Crank Pulley. Custom 93 octane retune. 17 inch lightweight SSR's for winter and the track. 19 inch Privat Netz with Falken FK452's for the Summer.

Stock these cars run high 15's to 16 even in the 1/4@ around 88 mph. Mine is the heaviest fully loaded version. Im currently trapping 95 and running high 14's on my bald stock tires so im satisfied(at least for 2008.lol)

Summer mode...

n2215319_36688317_3382.jpg

Winter/Track mode

winterrear34.jpg

That car is completely badass. I'm a sucker for the blacked out wheels. Love it.

14's out of the 3.0 is pretty respectable considering what's done to it. It looks like it has a pretty killer stance, though.

Great job.

wow...great news... if the cars is remotely attracting inside-out, its my next and first new ride. Probably the 4 cyl 6 speed manual with some sort of sport package. The spy pics looked good and the inside look improved also. Hope ford survives... they make great cars now a deserve to stay in the game.

wow...great news... if the cars is remotely attracting inside-out, its my next and first new ride. Probably the 4 cyl 6 speed manual with some sort of sport package. The spy pics looked good and the inside look improved also. Hope ford survives... they make great cars now a deserve to stay in the game.

is the 6 speed 2.5 a precurser to a potential 2.5 man trans with ECO....NOW were talkin.....

is the 6 speed 2.5 a precurser to a potential 2.5 man trans with ECO....NOW were talkin.....

yeah, absolutely... but I cant wait 1 or 2 years more :) a ecoboost engine would probably render the 6cyls less attractive...wonder what the engine line up will be then...

My thoughts exactly...

all for smaller and more efficient drivetrains...also Ford has stated they are also attacking the "Holy Grail".....lighter weights....I say BRING IT!....Fiesta, curb weight 2200lbs aparently....hell put a six speed with a small ecoboost in THAt car and people would be asking Mini Cooper S who?

so far the reveiwers LOVE it....and it rides better....

Reviewers? I didn't know they had gotten their hands on these cars yet. Do you have a link, or where should I look. Would love to read it.

Ps. Sorry, I hate it when everyone needs a link to everything here. Not questioning you, just would love to read it...

Edited by chiefstang

Reviewers? I didn't know they had gotten their hands on these cars yet. Do you have a link, or where should I look. Would love to read it.

Ps. Sorry, I hate it when everyone needs a link to everything here. Not questioning you, just would love to read it...

If they have already tested the new models, they're probably not allowed to release the reviews until it's official debut.

3.5 w/ 6M and a Coupe? C'Mon Ford you can do it. :shades:

Your Competition? I saw a Nissan Altima Coupe (only 200 in Canada and apparently all gone) and it's very nice but I'd love to see Ford give it a go. Maybe a concept to see how the public views it.

I'll take a Sport version either way. Please keep the driving dymanics because it is fun to drive as it is.

3.5 w/ 6M and a Coupe?

Dream on !

Even Mazda has drop the MT on the V6 version of the Mazda6.

As for the coupe, it got shelved a long time ago.

You have to remember, Ford is trying to figure out how to stay in business for the next 18-24. It is going to take that long until cash flow is positive again !

Dream on !

Even Mazda has drop the MT on the V6 version of the Mazda6.

As for the coupe, it got shelved a long time ago.

You have to remember, Ford is trying to figure out how to stay in business for the next 18-24. It is going to take that long until cash flow is positive again !

Wow, this thread was heading off into fantasy world. :boring:

Then you had to just wake us up back into reality. :slap:

Yes, until money starts flowing in, I guess they are quite limited and can't get too risky or fun as the next 2 years are like a probation period.