End of the Line for Taurus X and Sable

WillSD

Received notice from our zone rep this morning that the Taurus X and Sable will balance out with January production and will no longer be produced. Job 1 for the 2010 Taurus is 5/11/2009. Job 1 for the 2010 MKZ is 12/20/2008. Sorry if this had been posted elsewhere or earlier.

Kinda sad on one account, though, and makes you wonder on another.

The sad part is I've never not known there to be a Sable. The Taurus and Sable, when I was in elementary school, taught me the meaning of badge engineering.

The part that makes you think is... the way that fuel economy changed everyone's mindsets, would the Freestyle/Taurus X have been better suited to be actual wagons than crossovers? Sometimes I think so, especially as I see more and more wagons (albeit late-model) popping up these days.

Well, problem is, with the platform evolving underneath Taurus X, it wasn't worth the investment to update them to the platform with the Flex also in production. It was known for sometime that the Flex was the successor to the Taurus X, just that both would be built together for a while.

The Taurus X, will, however, make an excellent buy on used car lots for years to come.

Received notice from our zone rep this morning that the Taurus X and Sable will balance out with January production and will no longer be produced. Job 1 for the 2010 Taurus is 5/11/2009. Job 1 for the 2010 MKZ is 12/20/2008. Sorry if this had been posted elsewhere or earlier.

Goodbye Sable, maybe you will comeback one day.

I will miss the TX. I am no fan of the Flex. Not something I would buy looks wise. The TX in 7 seat version is much more practical and better looking to me. But that is just my opinion.

I really dont know how Ford expects to sell anything with the nearly zero level of advertising they do for most of their vehicles.

Peace and Blessings

For some reason, I've always like the Mercury version of cars better than Ford. But with the new spy shot of the Taurus, I could like that. Also, the new Fusion is better than the Milan. So I think things are changing.

One thing I'd like to see Ford do more of is HID lighting, if they aren't going HiLED. The HID was the biggest reason I searched for a Montego instead of the 500's that were on the lot. Love the HID's. So in other words, if Ford is dropping the Mercury cousin, they better put options on them the used to reserve for Merc.

No matter what happens to Merc, my username will be 92Merc, after my first Mercury car. Oh, and bring back the God-Head they used on the Marauder!

For some reason, I've always like the Mercury version of cars better than Ford. But with the new spy shot of the Taurus, I could like that. Also, the new Fusion is better than the Milan. So I think things are changing.

I still prefer waterfall grilles

2010Montego440.jpg

Edited by 2b2

i think it's true that anyone who has owned a freestyle or taurus x can't believe just how good it is.

....and people that haven't, can't understand why anyone would buy one.

65,000 trouble free, completely useful miles on ours. it even averages ~22mpg with our crazy lifestyle (kids, cargo, city, hiway, etc.)

it's a shame, but that's the world of automobiles, i guess.

so this leaves only the new taurus and mks at cap?

maybe they're being killed early to allow for plant changes to produce euro cars? :shades:

Explorer in the next 18 months or so...

But anyways, CAP isn't being fully utilized even with the sales of the Sable and Taurus X combined...hopefully the new Taurus will do much better.

The Freestyle/Taurus X provides perhaps the best combination of space, fuel efficiency, and great handling available on the market. I get 20 mpg with mostly city driving and 25 - 28 mph on longer trips.

That being said, it really never carved a spot in the marketplace. Kind of cult following.