THE NEW TAURUS

oac bodyboy

Is this the SHO?

post-26530-1231885104_thumb.jpg

The grill and wheels look like the Limited. I don't think they've released any pics of the outside of the SHO yet. I'm pretty sure when they do, it'll have a fairly aggressive appearance package.

I did find this video of the new Taurus, though:

Mah Ling

It's pretty cool, and discusses the design and styling of the car more than anything else.

Tell me the second guy doesn't look like Edward James Olmos!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The grill and wheels look like the Limited. I don't think they've released any pics of the outside of the SHO yet. I'm pretty sure when they do, it'll have a fairly aggressive appearance package.

I did find this video of the new Taurus, though:

Mah Ling

It's pretty cool, and discusses the design and styling of the car more than anything else.

Tell me the second guy doesn't look like Edward James Olmos!

Doesn't it come out this summer, as in summer of '09? At the end, he said summer 2010.

Yep, IMHO that is all it is ... an upgrade. Not worth the money.

Hopefully there are some people out there that disagree with me and will pay the price of admission.

Some one has that money. I'm starting to see lots of MKS' on the street. There was a sweet Cinnamon one in town this morning. My sense of things is that people who see themselves as Lincoln owners won't consider a Taurus. Just like people who drive Lexus 330s won't drive a Toyota Camry.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

Some one has that money. I'm starting to see lots of MKS' on the street. There was a sweet Cinnamon one in town this morning. My sense of things is that people who see themselves as Lincoln owners won't consider a Taurus. Just like people who drive Lexus 330s won't drive a Toyota Camry.

personally think the Taurus is more atractive than the Lincoln....LOVE that rear end, the Lincoln looks overly "heavy" in the rear...hell, one will actually be able to tell its a Taurus whilst its going away.....very distinctive!

I think you nailed it. For a similar example, I'm considering an MKZ, but I'm really not hot on the Fusion. Similar options really on many counts, but I want something a bit more "exclusive" I guess you could say?

When I bought the Cobra it was for a somewhat similar reason. I didn't see a whole lot of them around. It was nice being a little different from the crowd. When I bought the Mazda6, I started seeing them everywhere, even down to the same trim level and color. It kind of took something away from owning it. Maybe that sounds strange, but that's how I feel about it.

Taurus gets Ecoboost, and its not in the SHO.

Order guide:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attachment.p...mp;d=1231877314

That order guide just lists the engine, but it doesn't list it as an available option on any of the three listed trim levels.

The fine print says that the guide is subject to change. I'll wait until the subject changes. ;)

As someone stated earlier in this long thread, the Ford site has a Taurus web site for the new model. I forget exactly where but it lists a "Performance Version" as "info coming in February".

Also as some one stated earlier, the split exhaust vs single sided seems to be the difference between AWD and FWD.

Edited by JZ150

I see quite a few MKS' near me - more of them than the Flex so far, although I have been seeing an increasing amount of Flexes lately.

As someone stated earlier in this long thread, the Ford site has a Taurus web site for the new model. I forget exactly where but it lists a "Performance Version" as "info coming in February".

Also as some one stated earlier, the split exhaust vs single sided seems to be the difference between AWD and FWD.

Split exhaust will show the difference between EcoBoost and the 3.5, not AWD/FWD, unless you just mistyped.

For Ford global customers IMO new Taurus is very "Ford", especially exterior front and side panels. Interior not so much, as it is very USA looking, and the rear treatment reminds me of some of the finer USA Fords from the late 60's. First thoughts were 69 Falcon Futura and 69 Galaxie.

I'm thinking '68 Fairlane also...

interior gauges sorta remind me of this:

post-30237-1231903129_thumb.jpg

back end kinda reminds me of this:

post-30237-1231903854_thumb.jpg

Sad thing is, a couple of months after buying an '08, the earliest news started leaking out about what the '10 model might look like. When I saw the 1st pics a while later, I thought that I would probably like this version of the Taurus better than my '08 (which I do). I suppose that when you need to buy a car you buy what you can get at that time...waiting 2 years wasn't an option for me. :shrug:

It will be interesting to see how long the '10 Taurus keeps this particular appearance before it is updated again.

I hope that by the time I'm ready to pass our '08 Taurus on to our son as his transportation to school (in about 7 - 8 years) Ford will be making a new RWD performance sedan...although that looks kinda unlikely at this time based on some comments in other threads on that particular topic. :angry:

Edited by chromehorn

Now here's an idea:

Make a unique version for Australia called Thunderbird:

- 50 mm shorter wheelbase that gives the same rear leg room as FG Falcon but much lighter.

- Ford AUS builds sedan, 2-door coupe and the Utility (Half chassis pick up)

- the 2-door gets exported to the USA.

Split exhaust will show the difference between EcoBoost and the 3.5, not AWD/FWD, unless you just mistyped.

You may be right with the exhaust difference being EcoBoost vs the NA 3.5. It appears in the pictures that the cars with AWD have the exhaust on the left side only and the cars without the AWD badge have dual exhaust? Just an observation.

You may be right with the exhaust difference being EcoBoost vs the NA 3.5. It appears in the pictures that the cars with AWD have the exhaust on the left side only and the cars without the AWD badge have dual exhaust? Just an observation.

My AWD Flex technically has dual exhaust, but both pipes are on the left side....not a true dual exhaust. Same on FWD versions. The press release for Flex EcoBoost showed split dual exhaust (one on each side). Spy shots of the Taurus showed some models with split dual exhaust and some with the one sided dual exhaust. Taurus models at NAIAS featured the one sided dual exhaust, and none of them were EcoBoost, but I believe the red one may've been AWD. And also from the Flex press release, it appears the AWD badge is removed and replaced w/ an EcoBoost badge (but I believe AWD is standard w/ EB, or it should be).

None of this applies to Lincoln vehicles, however, as they all have split dual exhaust standard (except Navigator/Town Car).

post-28332-1231972782_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
My AWD Flex technically has dual exhaust, but both pipes are on the left side....not a true dual exhaust. Same on FWD versions. The press release for Flex EcoBoost showed split dual exhaust (one on each side). Spy shots of the Taurus showed some models with split dual exhaust and some with the one sided dual exhaust. Taurus models at NAIAS featured the one sided dual exhaust, and none of them were EcoBoost, but I believe the red one may've been AWD. And also from the Flex press release, it appears the AWD badge is removed and replaced w/ an EcoBoost badge (but I believe AWD is standard w/ EB, or it should be).

None of this applies to Lincoln vehicles, however, as they all have split dual exhaust standard (except Navigator/Town Car).

Nope, you're right, our Flexs don't have dual exhausts, simply two exaust ports out of the muffler. As for the real dual exhaust systems, just like the Edge, the dual exhaust will simply be a singular pipe from the engine and then split in the rear before going through the two mufflers. On the MKT with the EcoBoost, I do believe that it will be a true dual exhaust with two pipes leaving the engine and going to thier respective mufflers. :stats: