THE NEW TAURUS

oac bodyboy

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike Richard, I can easily see the Ford dna in the design.

The shape of the lower valance/ airdam opening, and the "foglight" opening, is indicative of the 2010 Fusion, and the US Fiesta.

I like that it doesn't just look like a "sized up" Fusion, and unlike others, I really like the grille.

Use this, in comparison to GM/Chevy. Lately, every Chevy has the same front................. just a different size. This is the same "bad" that some of us Ford fans had been complaining about with Ford, with the 3-bar grille. Now, the 3-bar grille is being tweaked, to look different, on different vehicles.............. while still having the same overlying theme.

However, this creates a new problem for me. See, with every new introduction, it makes my choice for an AWD car more difficult. Barring any nasty surprises, I could really see myself in an Ecoboost Taurus.

I was thinking the same. I've had a couple Taurus's over the years, and I hate them. They were simply shit. However, this Taurus is refined and dare I say... desirable? I would take a black SHO over an MKS anyday :yup:
Wow......I guess the 9 Tauri/Sables we had in our family (counting the 6 my wife and I have had) were all just flukes by being excellent cars? Granted not a real "lets find a twisty road" kind of car, but great cars for the money. Roomy, safe, dependable and decent looking enough. My wife was pretty ambivalent about any car until she got her first Taurus. She liked it so much her mother, sister and cousin all ended up with one. Now that our Fusion lease is about up, we'll be looking at the '10 Fusion or Taurus. I was about set on the new Fusion but now that the Taurus pics are out we could go either way. IMO this new Taurus is a real looker (and in a VERY good way)

WOW!!! I am floored. Fantastic. The rear has some funky stuff going on but I like it and imagine it looks much better in person. The car looks athletic. Has some muscle bling of the 300 but not over the top like the 300. Looking square on at the back are those slight squared off uplifts above each rear tail light? Almost reminds me of a modern version of the old fairlanes.

And the interior, very nice. Love the dual cowls and that material between them.

WOW! They did this on a shortened time frame? Well then lets do it that way for all the cars. This is a departure = though i see some elements from the 2010 Mustang -- but its a departure and a good one. And it still has a Ford feel.

Did I say WOW? WOW

Edited by Fordowner

As a lurker here for years with not much to say, I had to chime in here.

This is one great looking car, and from what I can see, this new Taurus is going to be even better in person.

Gone is the "high hat" top.

Generic styling is gone that the Five Hundred had.

Actual style has been designed into the car.

I dont get the different comments about how it looks like a Toyota or a Sebring. Given the goal of all auto manufacturers, theres no dout theres going to be some similarities. When you're looking for form, function and great fuel economy, there is going to be some styling cues that follow all the vehicle lines. But I dont think anyone at Ford stood and looked at a competitor and then laid out there design based on a Camry.

I think we all need to tip our hats to Ford, finally!

I remember going to the Five Hundred reveal. When they lifted off the cover, we all just sat there and looked at it. The speaker said something about how they werent surprised by the reaction, or lack thereof.

But the car was great! The actual functionality of the Five Hun was on the mark, but the design was not there.

I think they've got it right for the most part. Now get rid of the plastic cladding around the bottom and it will be a completed work of art!

As a member of a Ford Dealer, Im excited! Fusion, F 150, Taurus, Edge, Flex, and Fiesta are all great designs. The trick is getting customers excited about all of ou products.

Question..

What exactly is the point of the MKS now? All it is is a Taurus with different styling and 15k added to the price tag, same thing for the Flex/MKT, there's really nothing the Lincolns offer over the Fords they are based on other than a higher price tag..

You won't find thinks like a THX stereo or adaptive headlights on the Taurus. Those are two I can think of right off the top of my head. There are still differences.

Question..

What exactly is the point of the MKS now? All it is is a Taurus with different styling and 15k added to the price tag, same thing for the Flex/MKT, there's really nothing the Lincolns offer over the Fords they are based on other than a higher price tag..

It may be on par with the Camry and the Lexus ES differences.

Re tune suspension and higher insurance rates. :ohsnap:

Question..

Why bring that up again? It's been beaten to death. There are many more differences between the Flex and MKT than for instance the Edge and MKX and Escape and Mariner. Many more. You can also bet the 2010 MKS will be more differentiated from the 2010 Taurus. The materials on the MKS will be more plush and of higher grade and the suspension tuning will be more refined. For example, I could live with the Fusion just fine, but the MKZ is definitely nicer and makes more of a statement even though it's esentially the same platform. You can also bet the MKS will have more features unique to it only. Someone mentioned THX and adaptive headlights, but there will be more.

As for the Taurus, I love it. IMO, the back end is even better looking than the front end. I love the crease down the side and the power dome hood and lower, sloping fender line. The back end is very distinctive and very Ford. The vehicle looks great from every angle that I can see. And the interior is every bit as good as the exterior. The vehicle is a stunner, especially in red.

I've been driving my red 2002 Taurus for seven years, and this if first time I've been motivated to replace it with another Ford. Ford finally made something that really makes me want to lust after it. The 2010 Taurus is worthy of the Taurus name. This vehicle is very special in every way.

My 2c. Overall, I think this is a great upgrade to the Taurus line. The looks inside and out have been significantly improved and the drivetrain that was already improved recently remains in place with some minor, welcome tweaks. If I had anything to fault about this design, its the rear end. If I could arrange to have the rear end neatly sliced off vertically at the centerline for the rear wheels and replaced with the coupe-like profile of the Mercedes CLS with that same interceptor rear light treatment adapted to the new styling, it would be perfect. YEs, I know there would be a little loss of trunk-space, but, I think its worth it for that styling improvement. I'm not saying the rear is hideous, it just doesn't seem to go with the rest of the vehicle very well. Its like they took it off of some other vehicle, kicking and screaming, and tortured it into a shape that would stretch over existing dimensions. I can't wait, however, to see how the SHO will look in person with the aero upgrades.

That's kinda exactly what they did. That considered, I think they did a fantastic job.

I think they did a great job too. It's a litlle beefy/chunky but that's good....it'll give it some "presence" in it's class.

The only thing that bothers me is break in the headlight/hood line. It could have lined up!

I even like the cheese grater grill, it's an interesting evolution of the 3 bar grill.

post-19198-1231880262_thumb.jpg