THE NEW TAURUS

oac bodyboy

Finally a Taurus that looks pretty nice. The back looks a little strange to me as well but it could grow on me down the road. Wonder when the TT 3.5 will hit the streets? Does anybody have any idea of fuel mileage estimates? This car is going to sell.

I tell you with the Fiesta coming, the new Fusion, Taurus, F150's, and the 5.0 coming for the Mustang, Ford is positioned well. They are making GM and Chryco look ancient these days. I think they can put some heat on Toyota and Honda as well. Im more impressed with FoMoCo by the day. Good job.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much better shots of the rear here: http://jalopnik.com/5116508/2010-ford-taur...e-hot-less-bull

and here: http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-taurus.html

I like the rear. It has really grown on me. Reminds me of the rear of the first Infiniti M45 and a little bit of the Chrysler Crossfire. It's also a lot like the Intercepter Concept. It's unique!

post-20193-1231660190_thumb.jpg

post-20193-1231660199_thumb.jpg

post-20193-1231660827_thumb.png

Edited by hbalek

rear 3/4 pic of the silver one looks great. The head on shots of the back of the silver one still look strange though It almost looks like the aspect ratio of the pic is jacked up. i know it probably isnt, but the way the rear bumper looks just makes the back end look too tall.

two pics of the rear and in one it looks great, in one it looks ill proportioned. gotta see it in person to judge. The whole car looks very German

Edited by Sixt9coug

WHOLE LOTTA SEXY! THAT is one good lookin' car!

That dash looks a little Mustang-ish to me. Makes me think this is the logical sedan for a Mustang owner.

263 Horsies in a NA V6? Thats pretty nice even without the EB! Can't wait to see the official mpg numbers.

Steel Blue Metallic?.....Oh man Ford went to town!

I love it, including the rear and the rear quarter panel which picks up the shape of the greenhouse, cleverly done IMO. I like my cars to have fog lights however!

Is that some sort of light in the side inlets on the front bumper? I hope those rear tail-lamps have LED bulbs or something.

its good to see that the interceptor rear made it to the new taurus

Yeah I am totally impressed that Ford used the Interceptor design instead of copying the back end of some other popular import car. Now Ford gets it! Lead and do not follow!

Oh yeah and Ford has finally updated the door keypad to make it look modern and not something left over from 1980.

Edited by StangBang

I know. I mean, with all the new technology included it's actually a very good deal, but I think they should have had a discontented model for a couple grand lower.

Although, it might not matter. This car is awesome. It truly is the Taurus they should have built from the beginning. I think Ford has an honest to goodness hit on their hands.

It's called the Fusion SE. And if that price is too high, there is the Focus. And if that's too high, there is the Fiesta coming soon. And if that's too high, try used which is great deal on vehicles off lease. Hines Park LM dealer has 2008 Taurus Limited with 17,000 miles priced at $17,000.

Did I miss reading about the exhaust tips placement? A couple photos have split dual tips on driver/passenger side, and some have the split tips next to each other on driver side. Maybe FWD/AWD distinction?

The Ecoboost Taurus SHO will have dual exhaust; the Taurus SEL and Limited versions without Ecoboost have single exhaust.

I really like what I'm seeing in the new Taurus.... all except for ONE thing.

What is UP with the cheese grater bars in its grill? I'm sorry.... but that grill lacks ANY symmetry from what I can see. And what is with Ford's affinity for grater-like fascias? Check out the two "grater" bars wedged into the grill.

00_2010taurus_live_opt.jpg

What up wid dat?

The last time I saw louvers like on those bars, they were on the back of a Mustang GT:

1987-1988-1989-1990-1991-1992-1993-ford-mustang-10.jpg

And I didn't like them then EITHER! That (plus the boy-racer plastic cladding) is why I opted for the cleaner 5.0 LX back in '89.

So again.... Ford..... PLEASE consider offering a different grill option of some sort in 2011.

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

While I'm not sure why Mullay cried at this, it is a very handsome car...now bring out the SHO and if we can get the egoboost to give us the same MPG numbers as the standard V6, I'll have a check for one come 2012 or so

The Flex Ecoboost gets 22mph highway and that is same as AWD non ecoboost model. In fact, Ecoboost comes with AWD only so that torque steer is eliminated. So I',m figuring the regular new FWD Taurus will get 30mpg highway and the Ecoboost version with AWD should come in at 26-27mpg which would be same as regular AWD version. Ford is using aggressive fuel shutoff control when decelerating to pull an extra mpg out of their new vehicles. Add in different final drive ratios and the new Taurus should be good for 30mpg highway with FWD versions.

rear 3/4 pic of the silver one looks great. The head on shots of the back of the silver one still look strange though It almost looks like the aspect ratio of the pic is jacked up. i know it probably isnt, but the way the rear bumper looks just makes the back end look too tall.

two pics of the rear and in one it looks great, in one it looks ill proportioned. gotta see it in person to judge. The whole car looks very German

The 3/4 view definitely looks better. I think the low angle of head-on shots makes the rear look uber-huge. It looks better with the dual exhausts too.